Profile for Simon > Reviews

Simon

Philips 22PFL3207H 22-inch 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview
Philips 22PFL3207H 22-inch 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous, 9 Dec 2012
Unfortunately, this TV is an absolute joke. It's so bad it is unreal. Just to let you know how bad it is, I am a man where as long as a product is somewhat decent I would not care about returning it or complain but this TV is on another level.

I bought it in black Friday deals for 139.99 to replace my 10 year old Panasonic and haven't come close to being as good as my Panasonic was. I know people have said the sound is bad but unless you listen to it personally, you would not have heard anything so painful before on a TV. As for the picture, I can't say it's very bad but it is blurry at times. The remote doesn't even catch. You have to press the button many times. These weren't even the worst factors for me. The worst is the slowness of the TV. No joke, it takes about a minute and half to get from A-B on the really poor quality TV guide. You actually waste your life trying to view the TV guide and scroll between channels. You can only access the EPG through the main menu and it's not even laid out well. If you're like me and like to view the TV guide using the EPG then this is not for you. I actually thought about putting my old 15 freeview box because of the EPG but what is the point in buying a freeview TV and having to put a freeview box on it.

I actually found out that Philips sold its television division about a year ago so their TV's aren't what they use to do. It is apparently an unknown company that is just selling them as Philips. On this basis I feel like I have been had and Philips have really let me down. It is annoying because when I purchased it, there had no reviews and I couldn't find any information about it on-line. Well, the fact that Philips TV's aren't Philips any more would explain why.

Bottom line, this TV is only good for you, if you're hard of hearing, only wish to watch between channels 1-5 as using the EPG takes months from your life and you're happy to press the control many times. Also be prepared to buy a weekly TV guide of again you want to save some of your life.

I am sending it back for a full refund but it is a nightmare to get my money back. Went through the link as you do to book a Yodel collection and they didn't turn up. Spent the whole day waiting for them. It's just an ongoing nightmare.

Edit 10/12/12: Amazon arranged for City Link to collect it today after yodel didn't turn up and they didn't turn up. They have arranged collection again for tomorrow. It seems that Amazon know how bad this TV is can't be bothered to even collect it.

Fulton Tiny 2 Women's Umbrella
Fulton Tiny 2 Women's Umbrella

2.0 out of 5 stars Thought I was getting 2 umbrella's. Misleading Title, 4 Dec 2012
Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty little umbrella. It's doesn't appear very strong though but I felt robbed because the title states "Tiny 2 Women's umbrella". I interpreted it as 2 tiny women's umbrellas. Amazon should make it clearer that you only get one. Given it 2 stars though as the product is decent looking and may give it more stars depending on how it stands the test of time but why call an umbrella "Tiny 2". It's just stupid.