ARRAY(0xaf6e0d68)

Page: 1 | 2
The Name Of The Rose
The Name Of The Rose
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't read if you just want a good crime novel - incredibly dull, 16 April 2014
I was unsure whether to leave feed back as I didn't actually finish the book. But this is feedback for people, like me, who don't like authors that write in four pages what they could write in one paragraph (and that is not an over statement). Descriptions are so long winded. I tried skipping over some of these, but I've got a few chapters into the book but have yet to see a plot. The characters are too obviously based on Sherlock and Watson, but not as good. Adso (Watson) is disgustingly sycophantic of William (Sherlock) and any ingenious thing William notices is so descibed and drawn out I was almost shouting at the book saying 'I get it already! Three pages back, I get it!'
Anyway.... I can see why people do like this book - if you're really into Italian medieval history aand literature. But don't read it you just want a good crime novel.

Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection (4 Novels, 56 Short Stories, and Exclusive Bonus Features)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly good!, 16 April 2014
Thought I'd give Sherlock Holmes a go but wasn't expecting much, as other books I've read from this era I haven't enjoyed, mainly because of the language. But this is really good! It's plain speaking, straightforward and the plots are intriguing.

The Best of Ludovico Einaudi
The Best of Ludovico Einaudi
by Ludovico Einaudi
Price: 20.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, playable music, 16 April 2014
Love Einaudi and I love playing it! I was grade 2 twenty years ago and now I've started playing again and this book is perfect. Although I love all Einaudis music, some has strings so not all the peices work. But my favourites are Le Onde, I Giorni, Neferi and Primavera.
Only problem is is such a thick book you sometimes have to bend it right back to keep it open - which doesn't help with the ease of reading.

The Color Purple
The Color Purple
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The Color Purple (Kindle Edition)
Not sure what to make of this book... I think I just didn't like the way it was written in letter form. Two sisters writing to each other. But the letters were completely implausible - you wouldn't write to someone like that. Petty I know but it stopped me enjoying the book. The part about Nettie in Africa was interesting but it felt like an add-on and didn't flow with the book at all.

A History Of The Devil
A History Of The Devil
Price: 3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, 6 April 2014
I totally agree with the other comments here, and the publishers comments sum up how I feel about this book.
It's not the kind of book I would usually read and I came across it kind of by accident, but it blew me away. I thought it was incredibly well written and very thought provoking. I'm an atheist but Briggs' version of the Bible is almost convincing to believe! The love story was also beautiful, and the characters amazing. It ends as if there may be a sequal - and I really hope there is!

Actioncam Action Video Camera
Actioncam Action Video Camera
Offered by ecshop-leader
Price: 19.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke almost immediately, 23 Jan 2014
I bought this camera for a 5 day motorbike ride in SE Asia. I didn't want to buy anything expensive as it was only to use for those 5 days. Unfortunately it only lasted a few hours. It seemed to be recording fine, batteries ran out and I exchanged them twice - and pressed record - and got what I thought was 3 runs of filming. Then on changing the batteries for the third time it just wouldn't turn on at all. I tried all the batteries I could (I took about twenty with me) and it would not work. Then one of the batteries got completely stuck. It's still in there and I can't get it out!
Once we got home we found there was only one film of about an hour on there, and two films of about 2 seconds.
Sucks when this happens when you're on holiday and there's nothing you can do
If I do another motorbike tour I think I'll invest in something that will work...

The Owl Killers
The Owl Killers
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in ages, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Owl Killers (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and have bought and read all her other three books now, all in sucession and can't wait until she writes a new one! The book is written really well, and had me on the edge of my seat reading it. Set in medieval times gives this book a very dark feel, and I love the

Chicago (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
Chicago (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
by Nate Cavalieri

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 1 Sep 2012
I loved this little guide book. I was staying with friends in Chicago so just used it for the maps mainly, and as its small its easy to carry around. The sections on all the different neighbourhoods is great too. Probably not so great if you want to know all the restaurants, bars, places to stay etc, but you can look all that up online! This was jut great to carry around everyday.

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas [DVD]
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 6.75

2.0 out of 5 stars A childrens film - not such a bad thing though, 8 April 2012
I came to the conclusion this is definitely a kids film.
There were so many things 'wrong' with this film - the fact the boy was able to sit there without ever being noticed for one.
It's a bit hard to say why I disliked this film without giving the plot away.
But - what the German boy was able to do at the end was ridiculous. As was the jewish boys actions. To the point that I nearly turned it off near the end.

So realism aside... it told about the niavity of a German boy. Its a very simple story.
If you don't mind a lot of artistic liscence, and just enjoy a good film then you may love this film. But if (like me) you'd look for some realism about what camps were actually like, then you probably won't.

If I'd have watched it knowing it was a kids film then I probably would have enjoyed it more...

Watched The Counterfeiters recently - now that was a good film.

Salvation Is a Deep Dark Well
Salvation Is a Deep Dark Well
Price: 10.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 12 Jan 2012
Absolutley loved this album. I bought it as I'd heard a bit on youtube when I was looking for Rural Alberta Advantage songs. They're kind of like Rural Alberta (very melodic), but folky, with banjo and mandolin. Very dark folk. Warbly singing (but not annoying). Remind me also of the Water Tower Bucket Boys and Mumford and Sons.

Page: 1 | 2