Profile for Deborah Neal > Reviews

Content by Deborah Neal

Deborah Neal

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ashleys Workshop Quartz clock movement (medium spindle) with hands set (Black, 65mm)
Offered by Ashleys Workshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 April 2014
Really excellent fit for my clock which I have had for 20 years and love so I didn't want to replace. Quick arrival, great packaging and easy to fit. Perfect!

A Spot of Bother
A Spot of Bother
by Mark Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars This would make an excellent film, 16 April 2014
This review is from: A Spot of Bother (Paperback)
The last scene of this book would make an iconic memorable scene, in fact I had to stop several times as I was reading it as I laughed so much, something I haven't had to do before. You wouldn't think this is a funny book but it is. Read it to see for yourself :)

Until You're Mine
Until You're Mine

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good twist, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Kindle Edition)
A good read with a twist that I couldn't see coming except that it as obviously so set up for some twist that I didn't feel it was as shocking as it should have been. A good enough summer read though!

Sentik® 3 Pack 24 Hour Plug In Timers
Sentik® 3 Pack 24 Hour Plug In Timers
Offered by World Spinners

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 16 April 2014
Easy to set up and use so I would highly recommend them - also as they were reduced they were very good value!

The Burning Air
The Burning Air
by Erin Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars If you say you can see the twist in this book before the end, you're lying!, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The Burning Air (Hardcover)
I really LOVED this book. I read a lot and I think I am a discerning reader and can see twists long before they play out but in this case I was totally taken by surprised. I was so sure that I couldn't be wrong and that the twist had not been created perfectly that I re-read the book straight away! Only to find that I was wrong and that the book had been so well written to make you think one thing so the twist is truly shocking when it comes - sorry but I can't explain it better than that without giving it away. Read this book, you won't be disappointed.

The White Queen
The White Queen
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The White Queen (Paperback)
I've read all the other books in the series and this didn't disappoint. Very well written and well researched, brought the era to life!

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you have a thesaurus handy!, 16 April 2014
I really enjoyed this book and I wanted to read it before I see the film and I'm glad I did. As an English teacher I think I have a reasonably wide vocabulary but I needed the kindle thesaurus as there were at least two words on e very page I had never seen before. This did not hinder my enjoyment of the story, in fact as it made me slow down (I am a very fast reader) I felt I enjoyed the book even more. A great - albeit harrowing - book.

The Rosie Project
The Rosie Project

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed, cried and couldn't put it down., 16 April 2014
This review is from: The Rosie Project (Kindle Edition)
I've wanted to read this for a while so when I saw the Kindle edition reduced I didn't hesitate. What a lovely book, so well written and I am not surprised it was written as a screenplay originally as I could see it playing out as a film before my eyes. I found it funny, moving and a real insight into Autism - similar for me to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. A 'chick flick' ending that to be honest you could see coming before you even start to read the book, but no less enjoyable for that. A real feel good book, I loved it :)

Adhoc floating tee egg red-  tea ball for cups
Adhoc floating tee egg red- tea ball for cups
Offered by Ewaniga

1.0 out of 5 stars Tea leaves escape everywhere, 16 April 2014
This worked really well for a few weeks but now it is a little worn and it keeps splitting open letting loose tea out everywhere, which is horrible. Also, very expensive for something that stops working. Spend your money on something that is a better design.

The Red Queen (Cousins War 2)
The Red Queen (Cousins War 2)
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars A super read., 13 Aug 2013
I devoured the cousins war series as soon as I found them and I found this story the most enjoyable. When you know that Henry Tudor did become King, it is fascinating to see how he got there. If this was a made up story then i wouldn't have believed it. The character of Margaret Beaufort was beautifully drawn and you could really see how her life shaped her future passions. A brilliant book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3