Profile for GR > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Panasonic RP-DJS150E-R Fully Folding DJ Style Headphone
Panasonic RP-DJS150E-R Fully Folding DJ Style Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Headphones are a vital part of my day-to-day and I like to alternate them, 12 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I spend a lot of time commuting on trains, tubes and buses, listening to music. Headphones are a vital part of my day-to-day and I like to alternate them. I use in-ear phone for shorter journeys (as they then to become uncomfortable after an hour or so), and my bose if I want to cancel out all ambient noise on longer journeys. So the Panasonic headphones filled a nice gap in that, they're light, compact, have great sound and allow me to listen to music for longer periods whilst still being in touch with the sounds from my immediate surroundings. I've listened to elctro, clasical and rock on them so far, all from my i-phone, and whilst they're not premium hi-fi quality, they produce a good, well rounded sound with a nice punch on the bass. If you're looking for a nimble pair of headphones, with good sound that let you engange easily with your surroundings then the Panasonics are worth a try.

Philips GC2086/30 EasySpeed Plus Cordless Steam Iron with Compact Smart Charging Base, 2400 Watt, Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Like most 9-ers, 12 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most 9-ers, I wear a shirt to work Monday to Friday and mainly wear shirts in my free time too. Suffice to say, I spend a lot of time hunched over an ironing board. So when my last iron started to break, the Philips GC2086/30 EasySpeed Plus came in to use. And what a great little iron it is. The base plugs into to wall and the cordless iron charges on the base, which typically takes a couple of minutes, then you're off. My main concern was the iron would need to be charging on the base lots of times for the iron to work. But this was misplaced. Not only does the cordless aspect allow you to be more nimble and quicker at ironing, but each time the iron is placed on the stand (while the next part of the shirt is moved around to be ironed), gives the iron more than enough charge to finish the job. I can't recommend this iron enough!

Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments

4.0 out of 5 stars Great epilator, great price, 4 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 (catchy name) is the updated version of the Epil 7. Whilst I can’t confirm the inner workings of this sleek epilators, I can confirm it comes with 6x attachments offering a wide degree of versatility. The attachments change the width of the epilation area which in turn allows you to use the epilator on all parts of your body; arms, legs etc. making it suitable for all shapes-and-sizes. The unit itself feels great in the hand and is waterproof sealed so it can be used in the bath or shower. It takes about an hour to charge and runs for just over half-an-hour. Once charged, the epilators it easy to use. For those who have used epilators before, this is a dream. For those who haven’t used epilators before, this is a dream, just be prepared for a slight increase in the pain levels as hairs are removed from the root as opposed to being shaved across the top. Either way, the results are fantastic and you can remain hair-free for longer. Great product, great price.

Philips GC4522/00 Azur Performer Steam Iron - 210g Steam Boost, 2600 Watt
Philips GC4522/00 Azur Performer Steam Iron - 210g Steam Boost, 2600 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars A great iron!, 4 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just a quick bit of background, I'm a total shirt snob and only buy shirts from Thomas Pink and Reiss. The advantage of this is is; the shirts are a great cut and made from good quality fabrics. The downside is they can be a nightmare to iron if they are dried in the wrong way and with me being a slim-fit, there are lots of panels to iron for one shirt. So to cut a long story short my expectations for this iron were sky high and it didn't let me down. The iron's easy to fill and I didn't get any of the splash over from my incumbent iron. It heated up to maximum in a matter of minutes and and simply glided across my shirts. I tested shirts that had been sat in my wardrobe along with recently laundered, along with using starch/easy iron sprays and in each test the shirts came out pristine. I also like the pointed end of the iron, it really lets you get into the fine detail of the shirt panels. This really is a great iron!

Philips Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer BT9280/33 for Precise Symmetrical Beards

4.0 out of 5 stars The laser's not for me., 27 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about the Philips Laser Guided trimmer is how solid it feels in your hand. The instructions are simple, it's quick and easy to charge up. I was up and running in a matter of minutes and ad it can run cordless or corded it's really convenient when moving around the bathroom. The trimmer works great, no issues at all. It cuts nice an clean lines on the spot the trimmer is placed. I've used many trimmers over the years and it's a good as the best of them. But like the other reviewers here I struggled with the laser beam, I found it hard to see and track the edge I was trimming which lent itself to a jerky process. Ironically whilst it's a selling point for the trimmer, I can't help think Philips would have provided a better product by dropping the laser and investing the reset in improved tech or dropping the price a bit.

Bose ® QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple devices- Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid headphones with a typical Bose sound, 27 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So let me precede this review by stating I'm a bit of an audiophile and typically listen to in-ear headphones as the sound quality is excellent on headphones over £150 and they're really convenient on the tube. Saying that I have found that they start to hurt my ears after about an hour, so I was very interested in the Bose cans. The Bose headphones are packaged like an i-phone, there's a single set of instructions which aren't really needed as they're easy to use, including a nice L/R label in the inside of the headphones. I used my i-phone to test them out and on non-noise cancelling mode they sounded great, as you'd expect from Bose, they place their trademark bass across all tracks, from electronic, to punk to modern classical there was a real depth and richness to the sound. If I was being critical they do lack a little mid-range, but it's something you could easily live with. I tested the noise cancelling mode on the tube and was very impressed, they really did cancel out the noise of the train and announcements (no mean feat), again being slightly critical the noise-cancelling sounds made the music sound slightly tinnier but its a small sacrifice to blocking out 'outside' noise. Whilst they're a bit bulky for every day use, I can't wait for my next international trip as they'll be perfect for airplanes, and I can wear then for more than an hour because they're a lot more comfortable than my in-ear phones.

Oral-B Trizone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Trizone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for gum care, 6 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So each year I go to the dentist for my check up, and each year I have the same conversation being. Dentist: you're brushing your teeth too hard, have you bought an electric toothbrush yet? Me: no. So here we are the Oral-B Trizone. It's a great package not only do you get the toothbrush, there's 3x brushes and a handy stand to keep it all together. The brush itself takes 22 hours for a full charge which gives you 7 days of brushing. One thing I did find frustrating was the dual pronged plug, but that aside the unit feels good in the hand, nice grip and weight, and the features are great too. There's 4 in all; daily clean, gum care (my preferred choice), sensitive and whitening, all with differing levels of viscosity. I've noticed it has stopped me from brushing too hard and my teeth feel just as clean. Hopefully my dentist will approve too.

Vibe FLI Over-Ear Headphones with In-Line Microphone - White
Vibe FLI Over-Ear Headphones with In-Line Microphone - White
Offered by savvybuys2

1.0 out of 5 stars Only played in one ear., 6 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was looking forward to these earphones arriving. I'm a big audiophile and listen to a lot of music traveling to work and back. I currently use a pair of medium-end bud earphones which are great for an hour or-so, but after that they can become a little uncomfortable which also gives them a limited usage on flights/holidays. The Vibes are not for the understated. Mine were bright white and they're quite large so they've very noticeable. I lined up a series of albums on CD and MP3 to write this review but the pair I was sent only worked on one ear. I double and triple checked different pairs, forums etc to make sure there wasn't something I should be doing, but no, they just didn't work. Not good, I was really looking forward to trying them.

Pasta: The Essential New Collection from the Master of Italian Cookery
Pasta: The Essential New Collection from the Master of Italian Cookery
by Antonio Carluccio

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, full of hidden gems, 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll let you into a secret, I've owned a Carluccio cookbook in the past and wasn't very impressed, however I'm a massive fan of his restaurants and love pasta, so I thought; why not. The first thing to note is; this is not a cookbook that goes straight into recipes, the first part of the book is educational, taking the reader though everything from the history of pasta, though to the finer points of cooking it. For the seasoned cook, there will be a lot of reassurance combined with the odd reminder and nugget of information, all worthy of a read. As for the recipes, they're very diverse and not your usual 'spag-bol' type recipes, instead the reader is treated to lots of unusual combinations, with accompanying pasta, that all makes sense if you've read the opening chapters. This is a great book, full of hidden gems and strongly recommended.

The Cabana Cookbook
The Cabana Cookbook
by David Ponté

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative and simple Brazilian cooking, 27 July 2014
This review is from: The Cabana Cookbook (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Cabana cook book brings Brazilian cooking into your kitchen. The recipes span across all 3 main courses and include other dips and insights. The hardback book is well bound and includes a ribbon to mark out your favorite/latest recipe. The recipes themselves are easy to follow and are almost exclusively made up of casual, sharing food, very similar to Mexican or tapas. The photography and graphics used in the book are worthy of note, there's clearly a lot of thought gone into the layout and design. The first recipe I tried was the beer can chicken, which involved a little bit of prep, and tasted amazing. Whilst this won't be the most challenging cookbook on your shelf, it's very creative and will certainly give you the edge when you invite friends around for a bite to eat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6