Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sock and stocking aid - Mobility Aid
Sock and stocking aid - Mobility Aid
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device!, 23 July 2016
This is such a clever device and has really helped my husband who suffers from back pain and previously found it almost impossible to put on his socks.

NRS N32841 Plastic Shoe Horn Long Handled - 57cm (22.5 inch)
NRS N32841 Plastic Shoe Horn Long Handled - 57cm (22.5 inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant gadget for anyone with back problems, 23 July 2016
This has been a godsend for my husband who has back problems and previously found it very difficult to put on his shoes. Highly recommended.

Medisure Large Weekly Pill Organiser 28 Compartments
Medisure Large Weekly Pill Organiser 28 Compartments
Offered by Care Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for anyone who has to take a lot of medication, 23 July 2016
I would highly recommend this organiser for anyone who has to take a lot of medication as my husband does. Practical size and easy to use.

Ultrabreathe Adjustable Resistance Lung Breathing Exerciser
Ultrabreathe Adjustable Resistance Lung Breathing Exerciser
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Apparently you can get this product on prescription from the NHS, 17 April 2016
I was looking at buying one of these for my husband who has recently been diagnosed with COPD and would have done but have since learned from the BLF forum on [...] that the NHS can prescribe them. So we'll go down this route. Just thought you should know.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant film which I'm embarrassed to say I've only just seen but truly appreciated. Everyone should see this at least once, 6 Mar. 2016
I'm ashamed to say that aged 50, I had never seen this film. My husband was horrified to hear this but wasn't willing to pay for a film that would 'no doubt be shown on terrestrial TV at some point'. Six months later, I'd had enough and bought it. I'm so glad I did. We watched it today on a gloomy Sunday afternoon. At the start, I wasn't sure that I wanted to continue watching mentally ill people suffering in a horrid institution run by the obiouvsly evil Nurse Ratchett but stuck with it. I've always loved Jack Nicholson but must say that this is by far his best acting achievement, in my opinion. In fact the whole cast were excellent and neither myself nor my husband even realised that 'Martini' was played by Danny Devito!

After my initial hesitation, I was glued to the screen by the storyline, the characters, the highs and lows and the unlikely human relationships that developed.

A brilliant film, sometimes very funny, sometimes extremely sad but most of all poignant and I'm still thinking about it 4 hours later. I certainly will be watching it again and recommending it to others have come late to seeing it.

The Whole Nine Yards
The Whole Nine Yards
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 5 Mar. 2016
Disappointed after the rave LOL reviews. Entertaining but forgettable.

Jelinda Women's Flower Feather Hair Clip Hair Fascinator
Jelinda Women's Flower Feather Hair Clip Hair Fascinator
Offered by Jelinda®

2.0 out of 5 stars Looked lovely in the photo but cheap and tacky, 2 Dec. 2015
I loved the look of the product in the photograph and thought it was just what I needed for a wedding outfit. However, what I received looked flattened, cheap and tacky so am returning it.

Gabor 31-282-17, Women's Ankle Strap Pumps, Black (schwarz), 6 UK (39 EU)
Gabor 31-282-17, Women's Ankle Strap Pumps, Black (schwarz), 6 UK (39 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy pair of shoes that have just the right sized heel for me., 2 Dec. 2015
Great shoes. I've tried them on and they fit perfectly but haven't yet worn them in earnest.

Summertime
Summertime
by Vanessa Lafaye

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've read so far this year. Excellent!, 19 July 2015
This review is from: Summertime (Paperback)
The best book I've read so far this year and read in too sittings. I don't normally read historical fiction and this is about a period in American History that I was only vaguely aware of. It is beautifully written, insightful and truly gripping. The description of the devastating hurricane was so brilliantly written that you almost felt that you were there yourself. I'm so pleased that the author included an Epilogue based on life two years later so that you could learn how the survivors had started to rebuild their lives. It gave a sort of closure to the horror that went before. I would and will highly recommend this book.

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my new Paperwhite, 17 July 2015
I had an old Kindle keyboard which I bought reconditioned and I'd happily used for years but it was losing battery life and so I wanted a replacement. I love my new Paperwhite which is lighter, very fast and with a great screen resolution. The only problem I had was with the brightness of the white, white background but now that I've lowered this it is just perfect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5