Profile for Sparrowhawk > Reviews

Alan Titchmarsh 4Kg Robin Seed/ Mealworm Mix
Offered by Pet Central
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Garden Birds Love This Food!, 16 Aug 2014
Our garden birds just can't get enough of this bird food! We're have to top up the feeders on a daily basis! As well as robins, sparrows and blackbirds we have a pair of collared doves who just can't keep away. I would have given it 5 stars if it came in bigger quantities.

Pebbles on a Beach
Pebbles on a Beach
Price: 0.93

2.0 out of 5 stars What A Shame, 16 Aug 2014
Having thoroughly enjoyed 'The Haunting of Harriet' I was looking forward to reading this book. I had to give up though as there are far too many spelling and grammatical errors which is a shame.

Little Lies
Little Lies
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent, Complex and Gripping Read, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Little Lies (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book having thoroughly enjoyed 'The Husband's Secret'. I'm so glad I did! It is a thoroughly gripping story, very cleverly written and keeps you guessing to the very end. The characters are all very different and yet believable to the point that I felt I personally knew them all. I was sad to finish the book but couldn't put it down. Highly recommended.

The Four Streets
The Four Streets
by Nadine Dorries
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A touching story very well written, 29 July 2014
This review is from: The Four Streets (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book and was very surprised at its quality considering it is a debut, self-published novel. The story is very touching and the characters very real. It touches on some emotive subjects that aren't normally written about nor generally discussed (as we now know) and did so with sensitivity. I felt the ending left a lot of unanswered questions but hope that the next book will pick up where this left off and we can find out what happens to Kitty. I will definitely be buying it.

Nickel Plated Hand Engraved Pet Tag, Luggage Tag, Child id Tag, Key Tag (20 mm)
Nickel Plated Hand Engraved Pet Tag, Luggage Tag, Child id Tag, Key Tag (20 mm)
Offered by Paradise Pets
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, excellent company, 29 July 2014
Highly original as the engraving is done by hand and can be embellished. Very reasonably priced and excellent customer service, I will definitely be using this company again.

The Haunting of Harriet
The Haunting of Harriet
Price: 0.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Gripping Read, 29 Jun 2014
I would highly recommend this book. The story is really gripping and highly believable. I know it is a cliche but I really couldn't put it down and read it in two sittings. It is really well written and I'm certainly going to read more of Jennifer Button's books.

'Cereal Killer' Vintage Silver Plated Spoon
'Cereal Killer' Vintage Silver Plated Spoon

5.0 out of 5 stars A Unique Gift, 25 May 2014
A perfect gift for a difficult person to buy for with a sense of humour. Greatly appreciated by mine! Recommended.

Me Before You
Me Before You
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars A Deeply Moving Book, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully-written book touching on a deeply emotive subject. You can't help but fall in love with the two main characters and their stories. I read it in two sittings a few weeks ago but have found it difficult to find the words to give it full credit. Uplifting, poignant, witty and, as I say, deeply moving. This is a story that will stay with you long after you've finished the book (which I strongly recommend you don't do in public). Highly recommended to all that don't have a heart of stone.

Chapelwood 5 kg Wild Bird Seed Mix
Chapelwood 5 kg Wild Bird Seed Mix
Offered by Online Garden Centre
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and tested bird food that the birds love., 2 Dec 2013
I have bought this product from various retailers and chose this one for the excellent price and prompt delivery. I'll be coming back for more.

Recommended.

The World According to Bob: The further adventures of one man and his street-wise cat
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable and poignant read, 14 July 2013
I read 'A Street Cat Named Bob' in one sitting in April last year and was completely hooked. I've shared my 47-year life with cats (not owned - you never 'own' a cat) so I know how endearing, intelligent, independent yet therapeutic they can be. However, I have never met a cat anything like Bob.

Having enjoyed James' first book so much, I was delighted that a second one had been published but a little nervous that sequels can sometimes be disappointing. How wrong could I have been. This is even better. It's written with a lot more confidence, which James obviously is starting to have in himself and that is wonderful. Bob is still the amazing cat that will happily ride on public transport, walk around the city streets and fight off muggers yet still does cat things like bring in gifts of dead mice and live frogs.

I'm really starting to believe that there is 'Karma' but, in James' case, it may be backwards as what he and Bob are doing now for the Blue Cross and the homeless charities are the 'good deeds' that he initially thought he was rewarded for, but couldn't remember, was meeting Bob.

I'm a fan of 'The Big Issue' and my husband and I regularly buy from our local seller, yet I'm appalled at the treatment James received and reported in this book. The support you're still getting from him is honorable but get your act together!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 9:50 AM GMT