Profile for Sparrowhawk > Reviews

Sparrowhawk (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Rosie Effect: Don Tillman 2
The Rosie Effect: Don Tillman 2

5.0 out of 5 stars As hugely entertaining as The Rosie Project. A must read., 29 Sep 2014
I adored The Rosie Project and so pre-ordered The Rosie Effect as soon as it was available. I'm so glad I did. I read it in two sittings and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don is so lovable in his naivety, there isn't a malicious bone in his body but he does tend to be misunderstood with generally, hilarious results. Rosie herself was a bit miserable though but probably due to hormones. However, this didn't detract from the book itself which is hugely entertaining. I agree that you do need to read The Rosie Project first so that you can get your head around Don's quirky was of thinking but you'll be delighted that you did. More please but with Rosie a little more cheerful.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

4.0 out of 5 stars A very clever and entertaining read, 21 Sep 2014
This is a beautifully written book about what you think is normal family life. I loved the order in which the story is told starting in the middle then going back to the beginning and having the end dotted in here and there. It is both charming and thought-provoking with a very cunning and unexpected twist about a third of the way through. I loved all of the characters involved and due to the excellent quality of writing, could picture all of them and felt I knew them. It also has a lot of humour and is written with such authority that I truly believed it to be an autobiography. Four stars for pure entertainment but I finished it (crying) without really knowing what the objective was.

Alan Titchmarsh 4Kg Robin Seed/ Mealworm Mix
Alan Titchmarsh 4Kg Robin Seed/ Mealworm Mix

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Garden Birds Love This Food!, 16 Aug 2014
Our garden birds just can't get enough of this bird food! We're have to top up the feeders on a daily basis! As well as robins, sparrows and blackbirds we have a pair of collared doves who just can't keep away. I would have given it 5 stars if it came in bigger quantities.

Pebbles on a Beach
Pebbles on a Beach

2.0 out of 5 stars What A Shame, 16 Aug 2014
Having thoroughly enjoyed 'The Haunting of Harriet' I was looking forward to reading this book. I had to give up though as there are far too many spelling and grammatical errors which is a shame.

Little Lies
Little Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent, Complex and Gripping Read, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Little Lies (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book having thoroughly enjoyed 'The Husband's Secret'. I'm so glad I did! It is a thoroughly gripping story, very cleverly written and keeps you guessing to the very end. The characters are all very different and yet believable to the point that I felt I personally knew them all. I was sad to finish the book but couldn't put it down. Highly recommended.

The Four Streets
The Four Streets
by Nadine Dorries

4.0 out of 5 stars A touching story very well written, 29 July 2014
This review is from: The Four Streets (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book and was very surprised at its quality considering it is a debut, self-published novel. The story is very touching and the characters very real. It touches on some emotive subjects that aren't normally written about nor generally discussed (as we now know) and did so with sensitivity. I felt the ending left a lot of unanswered questions but hope that the next book will pick up where this left off and we can find out what happens to Kitty. I will definitely be buying it.

Nickel Plated Hand Engraved Pet Tag, Luggage Tag, Child id Tag, Key Tag (20 mm)
Nickel Plated Hand Engraved Pet Tag, Luggage Tag, Child id Tag, Key Tag (20 mm)
Offered by Paradise Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, excellent company, 29 July 2014
Highly original as the engraving is done by hand and can be embellished. Very reasonably priced and excellent customer service, I will definitely be using this company again.

The Haunting of Harriet
The Haunting of Harriet

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Gripping Read, 29 Jun 2014
I would highly recommend this book. The story is really gripping and highly believable. I know it is a cliche but I really couldn't put it down and read it in two sittings. It is really well written and I'm certainly going to read more of Jennifer Button's books.

'Cereal Killer' Vintage Silver Plated Spoon
'Cereal Killer' Vintage Silver Plated Spoon

5.0 out of 5 stars A Unique Gift, 25 May 2014
A perfect gift for a difficult person to buy for with a sense of humour. Greatly appreciated by mine! Recommended.

Me Before You
Me Before You

5.0 out of 5 stars A Deeply Moving Book, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully-written book touching on a deeply emotive subject. You can't help but fall in love with the two main characters and their stories. I read it in two sittings a few weeks ago but have found it difficult to find the words to give it full credit. Uplifting, poignant, witty and, as I say, deeply moving. This is a story that will stay with you long after you've finished the book (which I strongly recommend you don't do in public). Highly recommended to all that don't have a heart of stone.

Page: 1 | 2