Profile for Pete from Cumbria > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Epson A4 Expression Photo Inkjet Printer
Epson A4 Expression Photo Inkjet Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality printer, 13 Mar. 2015
Just returned this item. Load of rubbish, prints white lines, will not print over 255gm paper (Epson said), very very slow, very noisy. Oh and will not print on plain paper or matt. I do not understand how companies can make products of such a low quality the plastic feeders are very fragile and poorly made. The quality of Epson printers is not what it was 10 years ago.

StilGut® Book Type, Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 930, Cognac Brown
StilGut® Book Type, Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 930, Cognac Brown
Offered by StilGut

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality product, 19 Oct. 2014
Very high quality all leather product - should last quite a while, particularly since it's German hand-made. Can access all buttons and use the camera easily. Shows off the metal edge of the phone and protects the phone from scratches with lovely soft chamois over the screen.

I wondered about the lack of a fastener, I am not sure if a magnet would upset the compass but a fastener would make the cover quite uncomfortable in my pocket and also make an unnecessary step to open. I really do not think that this product needs a fastener as it would become quite awkward to use. I chose the Book hinged style and this has the benefit of having a longer hinge area and since nearly all my photos are landscape with my phone then the cover is well out of the way.

The leather also gives extra handling security as the phone is now highly unlikely to slip out of my hands due to the button slots providing a firmer grip.

Throw your gel cover away and fork out for this - highly recommended!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2015 8:52 AM GMT

Men's Dunlop Sports Beach Trekking Walking Hiking Velcro Sandals Sizes 7 - 12 (9 UK, Navy / Red)
Offered by Brookland Shoes Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Oct. 2014
Nothing exciting, the colour faded a little first time in salt water and after wearing a few times but i expect the shoes will last for 2 or 3 holidays. Colour range terrible with no choice - the womens shoes have much better colours.

Geox Mens U Speed P Low-Top U32X1P0FU22C1018 Dove Grey 8 UK, 42 EU
Geox Mens U Speed P Low-Top U32X1P0FU22C1018 Dove Grey 8 UK, 42 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and cool, 17 Oct. 2014
I bought these shoes for a trip to France in the Summer for the hot weather, these shoes fitted the bill never did my feet overheat. Great fit for me and they look ok too. The inner sole which is removable grips your foot firmly with no sliding around, it is an anti-perspiring inner. The shoe is quicker to put on and off if the laces are crossed rather than straight laced.

ONX3® Nokia Lumia 930 S Line Hydro Wave Gel Case Skin Cover + LCD Screen Protector Guard - Various Colours (White)
Offered by ONX3

2.0 out of 5 stars Cover discolours, 6 Oct. 2014
Had this white cover 2 months and it's already turning yellow - looks awful now so i need to replcae it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" Titanium Bronze Tablet Octa-Core 1.9GHz 3Gb Ram 16GB HD Android Kit Kat 4.4 SM-T800NTSABTU
Offered by Jeremiah Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tab for browsing and photos on the market, 6 Sept. 2014
Bought for my cousin who wanted a device to browse the internet and show her photos in glorious colour.

I actually managed to connect via wireless to her Canon SX700 camera to be able to view & download tthe photos. The photos are also stored on oneDrive which works perfectly with this tab.

The tab s is built to a very high standard and the display is sublime. I personally don't like the android user interface, you need to search around for menu items which on a smaller device is not an issue, the UI lacks consistancy.

The battery management is excellent and with my usage stayed good for 3-4 days.

I must point out also that this device has hardware encryption and I recommend enabling encryption. Samsung also provide a lost device support.

My only big complaint is why do Samsung and Google insist on installing so much bloatware which took over an hour to get rid of, the bloatware is of no use and just keeps clogging up bandwidth and memory with updates - all the time.

I gave this device 5 stars because for my cousins needs it is perfect and everyone with iPads insists on giving 5 stars and 6 stars are not available.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 2:54 AM GMT

Nokia Lumia 930 4G UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Green (Windows, 5-inch, 32 GB)
Nokia Lumia 930 4G UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Green (Windows, 5-inch, 32 GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic piece of kit!, 3 Aug. 2014
Nokia 930 just arrived a few days ago, there are such good reviews here so I will keep it to the point.

This is my first Windows 8.1 experience, previously owned an old Galaxy.

The first experience was good, very easy to set-up, I was not left wondering where to navigate to next and my contacts imported from the old Galaxy using bluetooth very easily and they stayed intact.

The positives so far:
- Easy to set-up
- Fantastic display, videos superb and as good as the Galaxy S5 - whats all this Retina stuff about? A nice name at a high price!
- Easy to use modern OS
- Live tiles
- Most of the included apps are actually useful, I only deleted 2.
- You do need a Microsoft account, but I had one anyway.
- To date I have not met dictator features which you get with Android, like play store and gmail accounts etc.
- Yes it is a phone and the voice quality is the best to date for any mobile I have used.
- Don't worry about the processor being slower than other devices - the 930 is fast, it doesn't need faster processors.
- It runs from cold to sometimes luke warm, I think there was a bad batch or something where they did overheat but it appears that these units needed to be exchanged, so if you do get one running hot please return it.
- Wireless trickle charging is just a dream, not having to plug the thing in all the time.
- Well made and not heavy, but I have ordered a gel cover for better grip.
- So many interesting features I haven't tried them all yet - but I will.
- No software bugs.
- Remember, like Android it comes unlocked!
- Remember, like Android It has a Back button!
- Remember, like iPhone it has hardware encryption, Androids have software encryption and is turned off by default - very important to me.
- Remember, the attractive price tag.
- I can go on.

The negatives so far:
- Battery life. I would like 4 days of usage between charges but I know this is a few years away. The wireless charging makes up for this a little. The battery stays up for nearly a couple of days but I realise from experience that this might improve.
- Not as many apps as the others - but catching up very quickly apparently, so becoming less of an issue.
- iphone 6 coming later in the year which means if you wait you are missing out on using this phone; I decided not to wait and it was a good decision.
- Sorry I can't really think of any more.

Microsoft need to bring out a mini version with similar spec - quickly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2014 12:06 PM BST

Emporio Armani Intimates Women's Montecarlo Plain Bikini
Emporio Armani Intimates Women's Montecarlo Plain Bikini

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 1 Aug. 2014
Real good quality bikini, fitted my wife exactly to size and a good looking design.

Swish Supreme Glide Aluminium Track 400cm
Swish Supreme Glide Aluminium Track 400cm
Offered by Linens Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality aluminium curtain rail, 8 Jun. 2014
Really pleased with the 4m rail which is 2 x 2M, however there are not enough gliders (also hooks) for heavy curtains so you will need to order more gliders, but make sure they are the correct type before ordering and are genuine swish.

The curtains mount very close to the wall and the supplier suggests to mount the rail on a protruding lath, I find this an unsuitable solution. However I purchased 50mm beige brackets from a diy store sparyed them white and the rail is now mounted perfectly with no piece of unnecessary wood.

Parker IM Brushed Metal Gold Trim Rollerball Pen - Gift Boxed
Parker IM Brushed Metal Gold Trim Rollerball Pen - Gift Boxed

2.0 out of 5 stars Scratchy, 8 Jun. 2014
The refill is scratchy, I bought a new retail refill and it is much much better.

What is it with these refills, the branding print is not perfectly aligned which makes me think it is a second or fake, on the new refill and also on the Parker website the branding text is perfectly aligned and is a slightly different font. The pen itself is good quality and is a nice weight for me, and this does seem very genuine. I am connfused. My recommendation is to buy this pen from a good retail outlet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4