Profile for Vix > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mens Coolers Brand Microsuede Slip On Mule Clog Slipper 361 UK 8 Navy
Mens Coolers Brand Microsuede Slip On Mule Clog Slipper 361 UK 8 Navy

2.0 out of 5 stars Falling to bits 2 months in, 14 Feb 2014
I bought these as a Christmas present and the recipient was very pleased. However, less than 2 months later these are coming apart at the seams and the fabric is wearing into holes on top. They look stylish but haven't lasted well.

Just Dance 2014 (Nintendo Wii)
Just Dance 2014 (Nintendo Wii)
Price: 16.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsuitable lyrics, 7 Dec 2013
I didn't read the track list carefully enough before I ordered this, but it contains the Robin Thicke song Blurred Lines. As I don't want my daughter or my son picking up the lyrics and singing them it will have to go back. Disappointed as the rest of it looks good - but why have such a controversial and downright unpleasant song on a game primarily aimed at young girls?
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2014 2:34 PM GMT

How Mercy Looks From Here
How Mercy Looks From Here
Offered by KingswayShop
Price: 8.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope in the troubled times, 30 May 2013
This is a beautiful album. I have loved Amy Grant's music for years but I think this may be one of her best yet. It's full of hope and faith but in the midst of difficulties, troubles and questions held from a life lived. It has a similar sound to her hymns albums but with new songs. I'll listen to this a lot and would highly recommend it.

LEGO Legends of Chima 70115: Ultimate Speedor Tournament
LEGO Legends of Chima 70115: Ultimate Speedor Tournament
Offered by Inspiration Toys
Price: 18.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego fun, 8 May 2013
This set is great and my son loves playing with it. It contains the main characters from Chima, they move really fast and is more interactive than many other lego sets. It is not a complicated build so although it says 7+ it would be also suitable for slightly younger ones. As there are two of the vehicles it is good for playing either on their own or with a friend.

Simple Modern Sewing: 8 Basic Patterns to Create 25 Favorite Garments
Simple Modern Sewing: 8 Basic Patterns to Create 25 Favorite Garments
by Shufu To Seikatsu
Price: 14.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a relatively thin, relatively experienced sewer, 4 May 2013
I was very pleased to receive this book as a present and it is beautifully laid out. The large size as mentioned by others is roughly between a UK 12 and 14 so if you are bigger than that you would need to re-size the patterns. Each garment is made of just a few pieces but you have to trace them off a pattern paper that has so many different patterns on it that it is very easy to get lost. All are in black so trying to work out which is which isn't easy. Having said that I've just completed my first make from the book (the top on the cover) and I'm very pleased with how it has turned out. This really isn't a book for a beginner - you'd be better off with a simple pattern from one of the main pattern manufacturers - but if you are relatively confident then there are some nice ideas here.

My Book of Easy Crafts: Ages 4-5-6
My Book of Easy Crafts: Ages 4-5-6
by Kumon Workbooks
Price: 4.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent craft book, 2 Feb 2013
This book is fabulous. It contains 40 projects for cutting and sticking with a range of animals, people and other bits. They projects are suitable for girls and boys. Many of the finished models move in some way and they all look impressive. The pages are thick paper so they are easy enough to cut with decent scissors but sturdy enough allow the model to stand up. In 6 months of doing these occasionally my 4 year old daughter (who has loved all the projects) has progressed from needing significant help to largely doing these independently. As a tip I would suggest scoring where the paper needs to be folded to help little ones fold in the right place. Great rainy day activity and very good value for money compared to many 'making'' kits.

The Orb Factory My First Sticky Mosaics - Pretty Things
The Orb Factory My First Sticky Mosaics - Pretty Things
Offered by Otherland
Price: 8.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not shiny, 9 Jan 2013
This is the second of these kits that we have had and I think they are great. The downside to this one is that the stickers are not shiny. In the princess kit from the same company there are shiny and sparkly stickers as well as jewel stickers. This just has ordinary foam stickers. That said, my daughter loves it and at 4 can do it by herself which she also likes. The finished products are good quality and she is proud to display them.

My First Sticky Mosaics Princess
My First Sticky Mosaics Princess
Offered by Hooray for Toys!
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for little fingers, 9 Jan 2013
This product contains 4 high quality pictures printed on thick cardboard and sheets of shaped foam stickers. You stick the stickers on the picture, matching up the colours and shapes to those on the board. My daughter loved it and the results are great. The stickers are mainly shiny or sparkly and there are jewel stickers too. The only downside, and why I haven't given it 5 stars, is that 3 of the colours are quite similar so it wasn't always clear to me or little one which colour she should be using.

Cool Cardz Design Studio
Cool Cardz Design Studio
Price: 13.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute cards, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cool Cardz Design Studio (Toy)
My daughter got this for Christmas and has really loved playing with it. She has made cards for all the family and anyone else she can think of. I thought she would tire of this quickly, but it has remaining popular. She is 4 and finds using the machine thing tricky (as I did to start with) but loves the rest of it. As other reviewers have mentioned a refill pack is essential. I would have given this more stars had it come with more 'stuff' and if the pens supplied with the kit actually worked.

Crazy Eights: Classic Kids Playing Card Game (Kids Classics)
Crazy Eights: Classic Kids Playing Card Game (Kids Classics)
by U S Games Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple game, hours of fun, 9 Jan 2013
Bought for my two children (7 and 4) this is a beautiful version of a classic card game. The colours are bright and the pictures interesting, it was a good price and has been played and enjoyed several times. It is very similar to Whot! so if you own that you wouldn't need to get this one too. It is useful for helping them to recognise numbers to ten, but mainly is just great fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3