Profile for Reverend I > Reviews

The Clear Light of Day: A Novel
The Clear Light of Day: A Novel
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant insight in to Ordained life, 23 May 2014
A really good book, I could not wait to read the next page, as a priest I found it truly thought provoking.

On Which Side of the Road Do the Flowers Grow?
On Which Side of the Road Do the Flowers Grow?
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Faith in God's judgement, 4 Oct 2013
Great book of life, love and friendship, well written and interesting, a lesson for all of us, we are all different and have different talents.

The Prayer Seeker
The Prayer Seeker
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Prayer Seeker (Kindle Edition)
A path many of us face, to put right what we have done wrong. Worth taking the time to read and reflect on.

Cloister Talks: Learning from My Friends the Monks
Cloister Talks: Learning from My Friends the Monks

4.0 out of 5 stars Calm in a rough sea, 25 April 2013
A great book to save you from the ravages of modern life, Christ is a requirement and realty in today's world this book will help you on your journey.

The Vicar And The Village
The Vicar And The Village
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars As close to real life as it gets, 29 Sep 2012
As an ordained minister I was unable to put this book down, the more I read the more I needed to know what was going to happen next. A great read.

Genesee Diary: Report from a Trappist Monastery
Genesee Diary: Report from a Trappist Monastery
by Henri J. M. Nouwen

4.0 out of 5 stars Reconciliation of an everyday priest, 19 Sep 2012
This is an honest account of Nouwen,he exposes his most inner thoughts for us to read. Many times on retreat have I had the same thoughts, doubts and misgivings of my faith. This book is an honest account of his thoughts and actions. if you love Merton, then Nouwen will not disappoint.

The Other Side of the Mountain: The End of the Journey: 7 (The Journals of Thomas Merton)
Price: 4.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Another classic, 17 Sep 2012
Having read The Seven Story Mountain I did not think it could be equaled, but this book is different and tells it as it was. If you love Merton this book is a must.

The Preacher
The Preacher
Price: 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Preacher (Kindle Edition)
A great story, I thought it would be just another weak story line. But I was pleasantly surprised at the complexity of the characters, I could not put it down.