Profile for ProDrive > Reviews

Ziiiro Unisex Watch Z0001WW
Offered by TICTACTIME
Price: 94.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Much chunkier in person than it looks on screen, 6 Aug 2014
Looks cool on the screen, but it was waaaay chunkier than I thought when it arrived. Thought about it for literally 30 seconds and decided to return it. Pity - if they could make a smaller, slimmer version, it would be a hit.

Logitech UE Smart Radio - White (discontinued by manufacturer)
Logitech UE Smart Radio - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars More expensive than Squeezebox & fewer features, 2 Aug 2014
Bought this as a replacement for my Squeezebox when the screen packed up after just 10 months. As has been said by other reviewers, the SmartRadio is NOT compatible with third-party apps like BBC iPlayer... unless you swap the firmware to Squeezebox in the Advanced Settings menu. Why do companies do this? The SB was great, so why did you mess with it and charge more for an inferior product?

Mazda MX-5 Renovation Manual
Mazda MX-5 Renovation Manual
by Paul Hardiman

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, not technical enough, 2 Aug 2014
Disappointing: I bought this on the strength of the reviews her, specifically to help me remove the front nose cone/bumper on my 2.5 FL, but information was sketchy at best and the whole book seems to be more relevant to owners of the Mk1. Also, the book has pointless sections on how to buy an MX5 and fit gaudy upgrades. This is not really a technical workshop manual and is too lightweight for serious restorers.

Celestron 71009 15 x 70 Skymaster Porro Prism Binoculars
Celestron 71009 15 x 70 Skymaster Porro Prism Binoculars
Price: 56.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Too powerful, 19 Feb 2014
The magnification on these is such that they're almost impossible to use without a tripod. The image was also disappointingly fuzzy. I wanted them for stargazing, but they are clearly not designed for this, so I sold them after a couple of months and bought a pair of Pentax 8x, which have proven far more suitable.

Tenerife Lifeline (The complete guide to relocating and living in Tenerife)
Tenerife Lifeline (The complete guide to relocating and living in Tenerife)
by Leslie Beeson

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book for those thinking of LIVING in Tenerife, 19 Feb 2014
Very useful information on Spanish red tape, health care, schooling, buying, maintaining and developing property, etc. This is much more than a guide book for the tourist and well worth the money. The only negatives are that the book looks and feels more like a bus timetable or college prospectus: very cheap cover & binding, and pages started becoming detached almost immediately. Also, for some reason, I was sent a 2009 edition (ordered Feb. 2014), but maybe there haven't been any updates since??

Science Year by Year (Dk Science)
Science Year by Year (Dk Science)
by Dk
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb D&K, 1 Feb 2014
These books are superb. I bought this one for my elderly father, who used to be a scientist. He's getting on a bit now and the format of this book makes it easy for him to browse the sections he enjoys. I am considering buying a second copy for myself as it presents the history of science in a magazine-type format which is both accessible and enjoyable.

MGB Owner's Workshop Manual
MGB Owner's Workshop Manual
by J. H. Haynes
Price: 16.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 1 Feb 2014
What are Haynes thinking? The content is good - same old Haynes accuracy there, then - but they've decided to print their books on paper that looks and feels as if it's been recycled half a dozen times. The text is fuzzy and some of the photos are virtually indecipherable. And its a paperback that feels like a Thomas Cook price appendix. Come on Haynes, we will pay the extra 2 necessary to print the book on decent paper and bind it properly. This attempt is nasty!

About Time [DVD] [2013]
About Time [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Rachel McAdams
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Curtis' better films. Very enjoyable., 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: About Time [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I very rarely give any film 5 stars, because they're usually too long, implausible or just down right boring, but this is definitely worth watching. The traditional rom-com story is here underscored by a potently delivered carpe-diem-type final message, which gets you thinking. I have certainly tried to apply it to my life.

Mgf & MG TF (Essential Buyer's Guide)
Mgf & MG TF (Essential Buyer's Guide)
by Rob Hawkins
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So honest it completely put me off buying the car, 26 Jan 2014
I have a dozen or so of these Essential Buyer's Guides covering a range of classic cars. A lot of the information is repeated in each book, so I was a bit hesitant about buying this one, but I'm glad I did. The comments in the first few pages were so honest, they completely put me off buying a TF: 'poor production standards', 'several niggles you need to be aware of', 'expect soaked sound deadening', 'not as sure-footed as other mid-engined cars', 'seats set too high', 'hairdresser's car', and then there's the infamous headgasket issues. Right, that's it - I wasn't too sure about the TF to begin with (I am actually looking for an MGB), but given the super-low prices online, I had been tempted. Not any more; this book - presumably written by an owner/enthusiast - has completely and definitively put me off. Thanks for your honesty, Rob Hawkins, you have saved me thousands :)

iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c Portable Genius
iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c Portable Genius
by Paul McFedries
Price: 12.59

2.0 out of 5 stars For me, this was a complete waste of money, 16 Jan 2014
It's all relative, I suppose, but this book, while well written, laid out and illustrated, covers very basic iPhone stuff. I got the impression it was designed for complete novices, or OAPs. I am 50 years old and have admittedly been using iPhones for the past few years, but unless you are a complete dunderhead, then most of the info conveyed in this book is superfluous. I am slightly miffed, TBH, as I was taken in by the 'Portable Genius' subtitle, believing the book would give me insights into features of Apple's latest offering that I hadn't seen or realised I had... It doesn't.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5