Profile for S Pitron > Reviews

The Barking Blondes
The Barking Blondes
by Anna Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL READ!, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Barking Blondes (Hardcover)
In brief - buy this book :Its fantastic. If you listen to Jo's afternoon show on BBC London - you will know just how very funny and wonderful she is - even more so when she pairs up with Anna Webb on Thursday afternoons for the fabulous `Barking at The Moon' hour segment. And even if you haven't heard of them , the chances are you will still love this book. Its utterly enchanting. I know it sounds a little cliche to say ` I couldn't put this down' - but its so true. I read this book cover to cover in three sittings. I laughed out loud and also shed a tear or two towards the end. It manages to be warm, witty, sad and informative - but never takes its self too seriously. I think this book has such wide appeal and shouldn't be dismissed by people who don't own dogs or who aren't Dog lovers - theres so much more going on. Jo and Anna - I'm sure you have enough stories for a follow-up already! In the meantime - im half way through reading it once again - this time reading at a slower pace to I can savour it more! Congratulations ladies on your first book - what a triumph. Woof Woof!