Profile for Paul J > Reviews

Content by Paul J

Paul J

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Keyguard Metal Outdoor Wall Mounted Push Button Digital Key Safe - Includes General Weather resistant black rubber cover & wall bolt fixings
Offered by Tech Express
Price: 27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, could be better., 5 Mar 2014
Having read the reviews I felt this key lock fitted our requirements. It was very easy to fit and is very robust and weatherproof. We wanted a push button one but this is not very user friendly to operate. If it were for an elderly person it would be difficult. The front comes away from the body and does not hinge downwards so the keys can drop out easily on to the floor. When open, you have to input the numbers again to close it up. If it is for emergency use only it is satisfactory, for regular use, forget it.

Guess 80266L2 Ladies Gold Coloured Bracelet Watch
Guess 80266L2 Ladies Gold Coloured Bracelet Watch
Offered by tictocwatches
Price: 59.90

4.0 out of 5 stars A very stylish watch for the price., 15 Jan 2014
This was bought as a Christmas present and looks great. The links are very easy to take out to suit all sizes. It is a very nice watch and another to add to my partners collection of Guess watches.

The Rovers Return: The Official Coronation Street Companion
The Rovers Return: The Official Coronation Street Companion
by Tim Randall
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present but looks good., 15 Jan 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for a Corrie fan. Not sure if she has read it yet but what I saw of it the pictures and information were very good.

Lee Jackson's Carp Clinic: The Ultimate Guide to Catching Carp
Lee Jackson's Carp Clinic: The Ultimate Guide to Catching Carp
by Lee Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well written and full of facts., 15 Jan 2014
I bought this book to help me with all types of fishing not just carp. I found it very informative and the tactics and information can be adapted to help catch many different species. A very good product.

Geoff Wilson's Complete Book of Fishing Knots and Rigs, Revised Edition (Geoff Wilson's Complete Book of Fishing Knots & Rigs)
by Geoff Wilson
Price: 7.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive but complicated., 15 Jan 2014
I bought this book to give me a better understanding of the many knots I should be using in my fishing. I will probably use only 3 of them. The section on rigs is also too complicated for my needs. Simplicity is the key to my style of fishing. This book is just about OK as a reference book, not to be read from cover to cover!

Gardner Solid Brass Camera Adaptor
Gardner Solid Brass Camera Adaptor
Offered by Flack Tackle
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it is designed for., 15 Jan 2014
This was purchased as a replacement for another adjustable camera adaptor. It is smaller and easier to carry but you lose the flexibility to change angles. This is however adequate for my needs. Good value at the price paid if you only need a basic adaptor.

BestDealUK Lithium Replacement Battery (En-El12) For Nikon Coolpix S610, S620, S630, S640, S70, S710, S1000Pj
Offered by Ultra Sales Global (7-23 Business Day Delivery Time)
Price: 4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job it should., 15 Jan 2014
I have fully charged this new battery and hold it as a spare for my camera. It works well when used in the camera but I am not sure how long it will retain its charge. No doubt time will tell. For the price it does the job really well.

Shakespeare Agility Barbel Rod - Black, 12 Ft
Shakespeare Agility Barbel Rod - Black, 12 Ft
Price: 35.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be a good quality rod at a very reasonable price., 13 Dec 2013
I have only used this rod for a very short time, just to test it. My first impression is that it it a good quality rod with a good feel to it. It is well balanced and easy to cast with but it seems to have plenty of power, this is yet to be tested. It is a good mid priced, dual purpose rod, that can be used on stillwaters and rivers. My main quarry will be winter barbel so I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Spare Metal 'V' Block for 42" & 50" carp landing Nets x 2
Spare Metal 'V' Block for 42" & 50" carp landing Nets x 2
Offered by Angling-Supplies-Ltd
Price: 9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what they are intended to do., 13 Dec 2013
After a small hiccup at the start, only one was delivered instead of two, the seller did however rectify this quickly, I have tested one and it works well. Not tested them on a large fish, but if the net is used in the correct way it should not break as it is metal.

Scierra Aquatex Pro Bib & Brace L
Scierra Aquatex Pro Bib & Brace L

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels lightweight but good quality., 13 Dec 2013
These were purchased as a replacement for a bib and brace part of a thermal set of waterproofs. As a result they feel very light but the material seems to be good quality. They are windproof and warm. I have yet to test them in very wet and cold weather, so time will tell if they are worth 5 stars or not. I have rated them 4 at the moment as they do not seem to be quite as thermally insulated as I thought they would be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6