Profile for Mal Hewison > Reviews

Mal Hewison

Two Sides: The Very Best Of Mike Oldfield
Two Sides: The Very Best Of Mike Oldfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love a Mike compilation, 3 Dec. 2013
A brilliant pair of discs showcasing some of Mike Oldfield's best. Tattoo is my all-time favourite Mike Oldfield piece, nice to hear it again alongside some excellent instrumentals and songs. Heaven's Open was one piece that I didn't like too much when I first heard it, but after listening to it again I wondered why exactly I didn't. Of all his vocal pieces it is now easily top 3 :-) I was stoked to see it on this collection as well.

Tubular Beats
Tubular Beats

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remixes, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tubular Beats (Audio CD)
Terrific remixes of Mike Oldfield's work. Some of these come from my absolute favourite Mike Oldfield albums, so I wasn't sure how much I would appreciate the remixes. But these are done very well, allowing you to revisit old favourites for the first time :-)

Moonlight Shadow: The Collection
Moonlight Shadow: The Collection
Offered by Global_Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch work, 3 Dec. 2013
An excellent sampling of Mike Oldfield's work. I can't listen to it too many times. He's one of the few artists that I try to grab everything he's done.

Live in Germany 1980
Live in Germany 1980

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike Oldfield never disappoints, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Live in Germany 1980 (Audio CD)
I've always loved hearing live performances to an appreciative crowd, as it's great hearing the roar pass over the crowd each time they recognise a song. I'm seldom disappointed with Mike Oldfield's stuff, and any disappointment I've had has disappeared on a repeat listen! The material in this concert were never disappointments to me, and I love them just as much each time I listen.