Profile for Vix > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
SwitchEasy Monsters Black Tickey Apple iPhone 5
SwitchEasy Monsters Black Tickey Apple iPhone 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, easy case, 23 Sept. 2014
Easy to put on, hasn't stretched out of shape in the 18 months or so I've had it despite me playing around with it a fair bit. I don't often drop my phone and wouldn't necessarily credit the case entirely with the fact the phone is still in tact, but it does afford some protection.

I use the case in conjunction with a crystal screen protector.

The only slight downside I've noted is that some pocket interiors leave a bit of a residue on the rubber, it rubs or wipes off so no problem.

Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Large
Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Snow/ice essential, 23 Sept. 2014
These are excellent for use in the snow - walking the dogs, to and from work, everything. I don't think I've had any notable slips and slides when I've been using them. Though it's not ideal, it's inevitable that you end up walking on a mixture of snowy ground and tarmac. This does lead to wear, but my first set still lasted about 3 winters, my boyfriend's weren't so good - the springs started to wear through and then some parts of the elastic - but he does walk a bit strangely (I think)! I don't think he'd quite got the elastic settled into the best position so make sure you adjust so it all sits right and you should be fine.

I find them relatively easy to put on and take off of my trainers as and when I need them though when the snow is hanging around for a while I tend to put them on a pair of trainers and leave them on.

GustBuster Golf Tour Size 68" All Black & White Umbrella
GustBuster Golf Tour Size 68" All Black & White Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars Good umbrella, can be tricky to manage if carrying other stuff, 23 Sept. 2014
Really good umbrella, not had any problems in bad weather. It's pretty big (of course) and heavy so can be a bit of a pain to carry along with work stuff when it's raining but definitely keeps me dry!

I'm thinking I might need to invest in one of those samurai-style slings for it to carry on my back as it's a bit of a beast to carry around when it's not raining - especially if you're a bit short like me!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Much-admired bag, 23 Sept. 2014
I love this bag - and it's always admired by friends and work colleagues. It's a good size and can hold a fair bit of stuff - including some extent of paperwork if I bring work home for reading.

I prefer to have a bag over my shoulder and it's achievable with this though there is a tendency for it to slip off.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars My dogs love it, 23 Sept. 2014
My two Miniature Schnauzers love this toy. It's not quite as robust as one we got years back in Pets at Home (and was destroyed by a visiting Chow) but it's still good fun.

Only downside: a random screaming fit one night that woke us up - had to send the boyfriend downstairs to investigate in case we had intruders that had knocked it!!

1 3/4" White Plastic Sink Strainer
1 3/4" White Plastic Sink Strainer
Offered by Trade Supplies-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bathroom essential, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: 1 3/4" White Plastic Sink Strainer
Excellent for the bath or shower when washing hair to avoid nasty plughole blockages.

Dar GAU0122 Gaucho 1 light pendant black and wood
Dar GAU0122 Gaucho 1 light pendant black and wood
Offered by The Shade Boutique

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking light, need to keep on top of the dust, 23 Sept. 2014
The light looks great. The inner part glows a nice gold sort of a colour within the shade - this isn't projected in the light that illuminates the room.

The only downside for me is that the outer black surface shows the dust and, following being put in by our electrician, needs a good clean up to get rid of finger marks - not quite sure of the best way to do this.

Hailo 4310-001  150 kg Capacity Mini Compact Steps (2 Steps)
Hailo 4310-001 150 kg Capacity Mini Compact Steps (2 Steps)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy steps, 23 Sept. 2014
I read various reviews before purchasing so was aware that there might be some care needed with folding. I received the steps in good condition and, having now tried them out, found them to be a good size, good tread area and secure on our kitchen flooring (a wood textured plastic sort of surface).

Folding was okay though as they have a little weight to them there is a slight risk of not holding them correctly whilst closing them after use.

Lego Guardians Of The Galaxy Keychain: Star-Lord - 2014 Release
Lego Guardians Of The Galaxy Keychain: Star-Lord - 2014 Release
Offered by Brick Takeover (alle Preise incl. 19 % MwSt. und Rechtliche Infos unter Verkäuferhilfe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little gift, 23 Sept. 2014
A bit pricey perhaps but a good little gift for the comic book fan.

Gumdrop Drop Tech Series Case for iPhone 5 - Black
Gumdrop Drop Tech Series Case for iPhone 5 - Black
Offered by MP3 Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars What I wanted but fiddly to fit, 6 Nov. 2012
Wanted something similar to a Switcheasy spine case I had for my 3GS which I loved. This one is good but definitely a dust and doggy hair magnet.

Found it a bit of a fiddle to fit as I wanted to be careful not to scuff the edges of the phone (having heard that they scratch easily) and the main frame structure of the case has little catch/arm type things that point inward slightly - obviously to make sure the phone is securely held.

The rubber outer took a bit of playing around with to get a snug fit, though I was a bit gentle with it at first in case the rubber were to split.

I do like the case, feels like a good protective shell for the phone and I like that it makes the phone more chunky to hold on to. The covers for the various buttons are good and leave enough room to plug stuff in comfortably.

Page: 1 | 2