Profile for Mr. Shumit Rehman > Reviews

Content by Mr. Shumit Rehman

Mr. Shumit Rehman "shumboom" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Fujifilm FinePix S5600 Zoom Digital Camera - Black (5.0MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 1.8 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money and excellent photos, 7 May 2007
The main reason we all had a look at this camera is because of the unbelievable price and wondering if it was worth it. Well the answer is a resounding yes. The camera is as easy to use as a compact but can provide the challenges of an SLR without the 400 quid price. The zoom is fab , even the digital zoom is great for taking shots of wildlife - no I dont mean sunbathers - from perhaps a hundred yards away.

Providing enough buttons on the back means you dont have to go thru the menu system to change something like iso speed,etc. Its all very well thought out.

Negatives, the 5Mb is on the low side and if you feel you need the pixels for bragging matches etc then you will lose against the 10Mb out there now. I am not going to print bigger than 8x10 so its fine for me but you always want more...

The other thing Ive noticed is that colours are not as vibrant as my previous compact camera. Im not sure if London skies have been dreary over the last month. Nobody else in my family has noticed this but I may have to tweak the settings at a later date.

Also the screen is not as big as many other cameras but you get what you pay for - although in this case you are getting an awful lot for your dough.

Joe's Garage Acts I-III
Joe's Garage Acts I-III
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Zappa's most accessible album, 15 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Joe's Garage Acts I-III (Audio CD)
I had to share a room with a Zappa fan in college and the songs were funny after a few beers but the musicianship or the melodies never grabbed me by the Colones. Then another Zappa fan introduced me to Watermelon, we heard it with the lights low, our minds up in the clouds and the friend setting off his flash gun at random moments during this extraordinary instrumental. Its 30 years ago and I can remember it like yesterday. Then he said Joe's Garage part 1 was even better. So the next time I had some money(student days) I bought my first Zappa album and was I amazed. I heard it all through the night and I so wanted to express my gratitude to my friend that I wrote him a letter (look it up in wikipedia youngsters) to thank him. There have been very few albums that have so lit up my life and without doubt Joe's Garage Part 1 is up there with Sgt Pepper et al. part 2 is not as good as part 1 but that's like saying the Mona Lisa is not as good as Boticelli's Venus. They are both way above the others.

And now you can get both albums together , its a bargain, no guitarist, drummer, agnostic, will be disappointed with this phenomenal rock opera.

High School Musical [Encore Edition] [DVD] [2006]
High School Musical [Encore Edition] [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Zac Efron
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Double cheese - a guilty pleasure, 5 Mar. 2007
I bought this for my 13 year old ad she and my 3 year old have been watching it daily. And I have to admit I join them especially when the finale kicks in. Cheesy, corny, all those descriptions are apt here but you can't deny that this is one of the most enjoyable recent disney films for fathers and daughters alike.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Offered by Tick Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable , good sound., 5 Mar. 2007
I cannot believe how comfortable these phones are. If you fall asleep with them in you will not wake up with a sore ear but wondering why everything is so silent. They could easily be used as ear plugs. Easily 5 stars for comfort and value for money.

The sound is actually better than my Sennheiser PX 100 which is saying something, but not better than my sony fontopias which broke after 13 months (which were twice the price). Good bass and clear middle tones. Lets hope the build quality is better than Sonys. I'll let u know in a year.

5:55
5:55

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Norah Jones, 1 Oct. 2006
This review is from: 5:55 (Audio CD)
If Norah won 8 Grammies for her over-rated one-off hit wonder, this highly original album should win 40. Ive heard some of her father and mother's work, apart from the obvious one(Je t'aime for you younger people), and if there was a child who has inherited both her parents genes and become bigger than the sum this is the person.

Lyrical, multi-layered,engrossing, a New Age album with words and melodies. Every track is a surprise but 5:55 does stand out for me and was the one that made me go out and buy the album immediatly. Perhaps some people would say its music for lifts but that is exactly where I heard it first!

Favourites Bob the Builder Can we Fix It?
Favourites Bob the Builder Can we Fix It?
Offered by BOOKS-DVDS-TOYS-TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes We can, 30 Jan. 2006
My 4 year old has dropped the tv for this game. It has taught him keyboard skills, mouse skills, quicker than any of those Jump Ahead cds. There are probably not enough games but he hasnt got bored after a month so thats not bad. Buy it and get your kid interacting rather than just wathcing.

Front Page [DVD] [1931] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Front Page [DVD] [1931] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Jack Lemmons' version, 27 Jan. 2006
This was a major disappointment as I thought I had finally found the classic Billy Wilder version on DVD only to be sorely mistaken. Oh well, its not too bad and the story is still a classic.

Capturing The Friedmans [2004] [DVD]
Capturing The Friedmans [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Arnold Friedman
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Even if u have seen the film you'll want this!, 15 Feb. 2005
I first saw this film on the DVD and was appalled,shocked,mesmerised etc. There are enough good reviews of this film out there. But it is the dvd extras that are fascinating, particularly a showing of the film with many of the actual people in the audience, eg social workers, police and one of the sons. If you want to know what happened after this film was made and shown then you have to get the DVD.

Creative Zen Touch 20GB MP3 Player
Creative Zen Touch 20GB MP3 Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good but its not an iPod, 15 Feb. 2005
The choice was between this and the iPod and eventually I bought the Touch for its wma compatibility, ability to set up playlists on the unit itself, and the sound is marginally better imo.
But gadgets have to win in design as well as functionality and the zen just doesnt have that 'look-at-me' pull of the iPod. Its weight and size mean its impossible to put it in your trouser pocket, the design is smart but not attractive, more Ikea than Heals. The software is ok but could be better.
Its functional, it sounds good but it aint that cool.

The Barbarian Invasions [2003] [DVD] [2004]
The Barbarian Invasions [2003] [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Remy Girard
Offered by The World Cinema Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous acting create a warm film, 8 Feb. 2005
Well you have to buy this if you are keen on Foreign movies OPscar winners. The DVD was the first I saw this film and I think the film deserves to be seen in a cinema, possibly one of those claustrophobic arthouse cinemas. The film itself is claustrophobic , with most of the action taking place in the hospital room of a dying lothario. Nice script with some odd twists that are never explained or resolved helps. The DVD extras are not great - really you are buying the disc for the film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6