Profile for Mr. Shumit Rehman > Reviews

Content by Mr. Shumit Rehman

Mr. Shumit Rehman "shumboom" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver
True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver
Offered by Imago Global
Price: 6.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort factor, 16 Sep 2013
I have only had this for a week but already the sense of relief of going out without my wallet and only my keys is palpable. If Im just popping over to someone or to pick up the kids I don't look around for my wallet but just take the car keys knowing that 20 is on me. I haven't told the kids I have it either otherwise I will never be able to use the old excuse of 'forgetting my wallet' when they want yet another ice-cream.

Having read other comments I have also put in a note to take the money if my keys are found.

I have taken a star off for the packaging though - I saw someone else's comment on this and though it a tad harsh but really the packaging is way over the top.

Starting Ukulele
Starting Ukulele
by Steven Sproat
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Starting Ukulele (Paperback)
It starts with the basics and moves you up to rock n roll fairly quickly. My young cousin (aged 11) carries the book everywhere his uke goes so it must be a hit.

Morphy Richards Cafe Mattino 47070 Programmable Filter Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel
Price: 40.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for those who like strong coffee, 4 Sep 2013
This coffee machine works well, timer, power, time to brew, etc. but we feel that we are using a lot of coffee to get a nice cup. We usually make coffee in a cafetiere and we have noticed that we need 50% more coffee to get the same strength out of this machine. This despite using several tricks such as using a filter paper to slow the brewing process down, and pouring some of the coffee back into the filter, etc.

I wouldn't buy this again but we still use it regularly.

Veho Noise Isolating Earphones with Flat Flex Anti Tangle Cord - Orange
Veho Noise Isolating Earphones with Flat Flex Anti Tangle Cord - Orange
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 6.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 12 July 2013
These phones do not tangle - that's true, they also sound good, but after 3 months one earphone ceased working and now even the good one only works if you hold the jack in a certain way. Would not purchase again. Ive given two stars rather than 1 because they did what they were supposed to do, just not for very long.

Aquila Nylgut Soprano Ukulele strings (key of C) AQ-4U
Aquila Nylgut Soprano Ukulele strings (key of C) AQ-4U
Offered by Bandline
Price: 5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for cheapo ukuleles, 11 May 2013
I bought an 11 uke for my girl and spent 50% more for these strings. The difference was astounding, easier to play, better tone, volume. It was like black and white.

Cherub Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Cherub Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Price: 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes tuning a delight., 22 April 2013
I abhor tuning anything, as does my 9 year old girl. Now we happily retune the uke with ease just to watch the flashing lights tell us what our ears never could. How I wish I had one of these in the seventies! Every uke owner really needs one of these.

How Short Hitting, Bad Golfers Break 90 All the Time
How Short Hitting, Bad Golfers Break 90 All the Time
Price: 1.92

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a short hitting bad golfer and I still can't break 90!, 13 Jan 2013
It was the title that first attracted me to the book, a description of my golf plus a realistic target. The prose is written in the same folksy manner as the title and you will breeze through the book in a day. So if you want to curl up by the fire with a golf book this is for you. However if you want to actually break 90 you may have problems.

Firstly like many of the big handicap guides they assume u can reach every green in 3. Believe me if I could do that I wouldn't have bought this book. That means the author is assuming u have a nice steady swing that will go between 150 and 200 yards every time. He thinks reaching a par 5 in 3 is easy although he does allow for losing a shot here and making it up on a par 3. He also thinks we don't have erratic shots, his advice is don't go into the trees or into water. Well, I go in regardless of time, day , shot ,etc. If I hit a bad shot its with the gods how I end up. Just reading a book telling me not to get into danger doesn't seem to have the effect on me surprisingly. That's why I hit 95 and over and will continue to do so despite reading this book.

It has helped my putting however and now I just try and get the 1st putt close if I am over 5 feet away, as he suggests. Sounds defensive but seems to have worked with me and now I get round in 36 putts or less. All I have to do is get to every green in 3.... Could be a while.

Razorpit Razor Blade Sharpener
Razorpit Razor Blade Sharpener
Price: 12.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Its just a piece of rubber but it really works!, 30 Nov 2012
I bought this piece of rubber packed in a cardboard box back in July and since then I have only used one new razor on my Mach 3. I have actually used 3 razors, 2 were old ones that I used the razorpit to resurrect and they lasted till October. Then I put a new one on which has lasted 4 weeks so far and still feels like a new razor. In case any of you think I am growing a Bin Laden type beard I had better point out I get through at least one of these a month and its usually uncomfortable for the last week. So I guess I have already saved my money and I know what to buy my cousins ( male and female) for Xmas. Roll on the rubber revolution!

Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum
Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw away the dustpan & brush, 7 Oct 2012
This has been a godsend and makes cleaning up after breakfast, cats, visitors a dream. The charge lasts long enough to cover the ground floor of our house, the suction power is more than enough, cleaning is simple and the long handle means u never have to stoop. I found this incredibly cheap on amazon (14) but would happily have paid double that. Why buy a dyson hand held for 12 times the price?

Andrew James Luxury Double Belgian Waffle Maker In Stunning Red, Includes 1kg Andrew James Luxury Belgian Style Waffle Mix
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be easier, 11 Sep 2012
My son who is a waffle lover kept telling me to get this appliance mainly because it was red. Having never made even a pancake in my life I bought it thinking it would stay in the cupboard with the juice extractor, the steamer and other assorted dinosaurs.

So imagine my surprise when I followed the recipie to the letter and turned out 2 delicious waffles after another. Cannot fault it at all and it's been over a month now and still the kids can't get enough. I would just say to double the amount of sugar in the recipes as that will reduce the need for syrups, nutella, jams , etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6