Profile for Grass is Greener > Reviews

Content by Grass is Greener

Grass is Greener (England)

Philips AJB3552 Portable Stereo ( Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB) )
Philips AJB3552 Portable Stereo ( Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB) )

3.0 out of 5 stars One major issue with this radio, 11 May 2016
This is almost the perfect clock radio, there has been thought gone into the design. The clock display is clear and the controls are intuitive so they can be set at night in the dark BUT the radio is designed for a single person. No thought that I might be one of a couple who wants to listen to the radio without disturbing my partner on the other side of the bed. For one thing the buttons CLICK when they are pressed, which could be disturbing in the quiet of the night. More importantly, there is no headphone socket which makes the radio useless for me and it will have to be returned. For which I am sad as it could have been the perfect radio.

iHome Speaker Talking Accessory for Apple iPhone and iPod In-line technology Bongiovi
Offered by iZilla

2.0 out of 5 stars No headphone socket, 14 April 2016
It doesn't have a headphone socket. That makes it useless for me because I use a headphone to listen to the radio without waking my partner so I returned it.
It is an FM radio not a DAB radio.

A Study of History: Abridgement of Vols I-VI
A Study of History: Abridgement of Vols I-VI
by Arnold J. Toynbee

3.0 out of 5 stars Contents good, formatting poor, 28 Sept. 2012
This book cost over £13. For this price I would expect the publisher to proof read the book before selling it to me. They did not. There are several places where it is obvious that character recognition software has got it wrong, other places where text in foreign languages is gibberish and a table has been reproduced as a graphical image and is so small as to be unreadable. I am not impressed.

Mind you, the content is fascinating and an ereader copy is so much easier to carry than the weighty tome which I was reading before, that even though I am spitting at the publishers I shall be buying the second half of this ebook.

Plastering
Plastering
by J.B. Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 23 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Plastering (Paperback)
I have owned this book since it was the set text for my C&G plastering course. It was not not useful then and it has never been useful since. Stagg and Pegg is much more helpful on advanced plastering techniques