Profile for Rachel Green > Reviews

Nuby Imonster No Spill Cup
Offered by Mama's Essentials
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a favourite, 29 April 2014
I bought various cups for my twins to tempt them off the bottle. This one is a favourite for juice, and they are the envy of their cousins.

Easy Access Hard PU Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Camera GC-100 - (White)
Easy Access Hard PU Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Camera GC-100 - (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars fits perfectly, 29 April 2014
I bought this for my Samsung camera, and am pleased to say that it fits well and looks good - great.

Momma 250ml Non-spill Cup with Dual Handles (Green)
Momma 250ml Non-spill Cup with Dual Handles (Green)
Offered by detoxpeople
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 29 April 2014
I bought a selection of drinking vessels for my twins in order to move from bottles to cups. They tested 4 different types but immediately took to these for milk. They are in their 20s and I realise I should have done this years ago, but they are finally off the bottles, phew!

Fake TV Intruder Deterrent FTV10 - Charcoal
Fake TV Intruder Deterrent FTV10 - Charcoal
Offered by CostMad-UK
Price: 27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic, 23 April 2014
Realistic imitation of TV lights. Would recommend as a deterrent. There aren't many channels to chose from though so had to stick with watching the lights.

Oldboy
Oldboy
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Graphic, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Oldboy (Amazon Instant Video)
The storyline was good, the violence a bit too graphic for me but overall a very watchable film. Nice to see Christopher from the Sopranos doing something other than mafia stuff.

Plant Theatre 3 Funky Propagator Pods - Gardeners Gift Idea
Plant Theatre 3 Funky Propagator Pods - Gardeners Gift Idea
Offered by Garden and Home UK
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars looks good, 7 Oct 2013
looks good on my window sill - I may buy the funky veg next to complete my collection of trendy planting.

The Novel Cure: An A to Z of Literary Remedies
The Novel Cure: An A to Z of Literary Remedies
by Susan Elderkin
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant idea!, 3 Oct 2013
I bought this after reading a review in the Times - very good method for choosing what to read. Would recommend.

BABY VIVO LARGE 8 SIDE WOODEN BABY PLAYPEN FOLDABLE WITH DOOR NEW MULTICOLOR
BABY VIVO LARGE 8 SIDE WOODEN BABY PLAYPEN FOLDABLE WITH DOOR NEW MULTICOLOR
Offered by MA-Trading
Price: 68.99

1.0 out of 5 stars not safe for toddlers, 3 Oct 2013
Within days my twin 18 month old toddlers took this pen apart. The spindles slipped out very easily and the frames splintered. One of my twins was injured, and despite sending photographic evidence to the sellers, and offering to send it back to them they did not send the returns note as promised. Do not buy. V dangerous.

You Can't Hurt Me
You Can't Hurt Me
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, brilliant and hard-hitting, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: You Can't Hurt Me (Kindle Edition)
Reading about children being ill treated isn't my favourite topic. However, when I started reading Paul's account of his childhood, I knew that somewhere there would be light and an unbroken spirit, and so I read on, and on, and until I finished it in one reading.
It's a gripping account of life in children's homes, with a brilliantly descriptive backdrop of life in south London. I was uplifted throughout the book by Paul's endeavours and achievements against the odds, and his 'never say die spirit'.
I hope the people who caused him harm and tried to put him down find themselves with a copy so that they can draw their own conclusions about how children should be raised, and how they should definitely not be treated.
A great read. Looking forward (hopefully) to a sequel.