Profile for Ms. K. Bailey > Reviews

Content by Ms. K. Bailey

Ms. K. Bailey "katjbailey" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Five, Six, Seven, Nate!
Five, Six, Seven, Nate!
Price: 3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book - can't wait for the next!, 10 Mar 2014
I loved Better Nate Than Ever, and couldn’t wait for this sequel. It didn’t disappoint. You can’t help but love Nate and his journey. It is funny, moving, thought provoking and just beautifully written. I ordered it on Kindle just so I could get it as soon as it was released, but as with its prequel, I loved it so much I will order a paperback to keep on my book shelf.
A definite must for all kids (and for us slightly bigger kids of 40!) with an interest in musical theatre.

I just hope Tim Federle is making this a trilogy as I am already longing for Nate’s story to continue!

Samsung 540U3C 13.3-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Titan Silver) - (Intel Core i3 3217U 1.80GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)
Price: 696.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop all round!, 27 Jan 2014
I treated myself to this laptop over Christmas after my last (cheapish) one started to fail. I did search for a couple of months before committing but this one seemed to tick all of the boxes in terms of physical size, storage space, etc.
It is great. I love the size of it, not too big making it a viable alternative to the iPad when I have more work to do. It's very sexy and sleek to the look and feel, and it's easy to get started. The touchscreen (for someone who has not had this feature on a laptop before) took a bit of getting used to but it's really good. It did take a couple of days to catch up with Windows updates but that's probably true of most new laptops. Battery power seems to be very good too. I don't use for very long periods of time, but a couple of hours doesn't seem to dent the battery much.
I love this laptop and am so pleased I bought it. I would certainly recommend it.

The Sound Of Music (Music From The Television Special)
The Sound Of Music (Music From The Television Special)
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Broadway, 23 Dec 2013
Love this recording. Carrie Underwood is not your conventional Maria but great, non the less. And the flawless performances by the Broadway vets Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle make it a must for any musical theatre lovers collection.

Skechers Womens Go Run 2 Athletic and Outdoor Sandals
Skechers Womens Go Run 2 Athletic and Outdoor Sandals
Price: 49.00 - 74.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 7 Oct 2013
I ordered these on Saturday evening, they arrived this morning and I have already used them in the gym. They are fabulous! Really light and extremely comfortable. It's like wearing a supportive sock, they are so comfortable!I am already considering a second pair for casual use.

Music of Smash
Music of Smash

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Music of Smash (Audio CD)
Really love this album. It's an absolute must for any SMASH fans out there. Always loved the music of Shaiman and Wittman but this has a mix of pop with it. It's a winner.

Bombshell
Bombshell
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Please someone stage this show!, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bombshell (Audio CD)
If you've been following Smash, you will know some of this music, but there's a lot of new stuff on this CD, and you really should get it. Even if you haven't been watching Smash, it's definitely worth buying. It's a sophisticated score from Shaiman and Wittman (Catch Me If You Can the musical, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory the musical, etc.,) The numbers are clever, witty and moving, and there's not a weak song in it. And it has an indisputably brilliant cast of singer/actors from the world of musical theatre, including Megan Hilty, Bernadette Peters, Christian Borle, Will Chase, Julian Ovenden, and Leslie Odom, Jr., not to mention the amazing Katharine McPhee and Debra Messing.
If you're a true musical theatre fan this should definitely be in your collection. I just hope the producers follow through with a stage production!

Peter and the Starcatcher: The Annotated Script of the Broadway Play
Peter and the Starcatcher: The Annotated Script of the Broadway Play
by Rick Elice
Price: 17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book to treasure!, 27 Feb 2013
This is a beautiful book which I just couldn’t resist buying. I had read the children’s book, Peter and the Starcatchers, on which it is based but I didn’t see the Broadway production. This book, however, makes me feel like I did. There are some wonderfully written introductions about the birth and early development of the script, as well as photos from the most recent Broadway production. The script is littered with footnotes and thoughts from the writers, etc, which gives you a real insight in to how the version seen at the Brooks Atkinson Theater developed. One of my favourite sections is the descriptions of each of the characters. Had me in hysterics before I even got to the script! It’s a book to read and re-read, time and time again. I love it.

Better Nate Than Ever
Better Nate Than Ever

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I'm still missing Nate!, 27 Feb 2013
This is a wonderful book. Particularly, if like me, you have a passion for Broadway musicals. It’s aimed at teenagers but I’m 39 and I absolutely loved it! It’s extremely well written, and very witty . From the moment I started reading it I couldn’t put it down. Nate is such a warm character you can’t help but fall in love with him instantly. Now having finished it, I am just hoping Tim Federle writes a sequel. I would download it in an instant!

Acer Aspire One A150-Bw Netbook, Windows XP Home, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 120GB HD (Seashell White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, great machine, great price, 21 Sep 2008
This is a second laptop for me. I am a Mac person, but work in IT in a PC office. This is a great little computer. I did a bit of research in to many netbooks and settled on this one due to the physical size, hard drive size and quality of screen. It has not disappointed me at all. It's a lovely little machine and fulfills all of my requirements. Screen is excellent, it's very light, and so far has proved to be a nifty mover. I have yet to give the battery a fair use but it seems to be living up to the claimed 3 hours at the moment. Well done to Acer for bringing out this ultra portable option.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2008 8:36 AM BST

Creative Zen Micro 5GB - White
Creative Zen Micro 5GB - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Feb 2005
This is a really good product. I own a 60 GB Creative Zen Xtra, which I love but I wanted something smaller to take on the journey to work each day. After days of agonising over whether to risk one of these or go for an iPod, I decided to go for it. And I have not been disappointed. It is an excellent little device, I haven't been a day without it since I bought it at Christmas. Highly recommended. Creative triumph again!

Page: 1 | 2