Profile for Ms. K. Evans > Reviews

Ms. K. Evans (Wales)

Power-Plus CR123A 3v Lithium Camera Battery
Power-Plus CR123A 3v Lithium Camera Battery

1.0 out of 5 stars Risk of exploding!, 27 Feb. 2013
I used these in my Surefire Torch,and they overheated and exploded. They blew out the lens to a distance of around twenty feet.So be careful if you use a torch for any length of time with these. I will not be using them again, needless to say.

Storage Basket Medium Dark Wicker 37cm
Storage Basket Medium Dark Wicker 37cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pretty Storage Solution., 23 April 2012
I am very pleased with this. This product is very pleasing to the eye, and robust.The colour, and chocolate lining makes it stand out as higher quality than other wicker baskets.

Peugeot Tahiti Noir Mat Salt Mill, 20cm
Peugeot Tahiti Noir Mat Salt Mill, 20cm
Offered by The House of Portia

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 23 April 2012
I thought I would wait a while, before reviewing this, as it was so expensive for a salt grinder. I am now glad I did. I was quite impressed when it first came,as it looked quite classy, but this did not last very long.
Very soon after I got it, I saw that the layer of black paint is so thin, that a chip had come off on the top. And no, it had not been dropped. This has happened again since, near the base. Again, it had not been dropped. The chips are very visible, due to the contrast between black and light wood.
Also, I keep getting frustrated, as larger sea salt pieces do not fit down into the mechanism, so I have to keep opening it up, and pushing them down.
Not worth the expense is an under-statement.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

1.0 out of 5 stars British Rip-Off, 23 April 2012
I will not be replacing my current Kindle with this, after reading that American customers are being charged forty per cent less for the same item.The British public are being ripped off yet again. Also, newspaper states that Amazon are not even paying corporation taxes in Britain, due to their offices being abroad! Shame on you Amazon!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2012 9:26 AM BST

The Train in the Night: A Story of Music and Loss
The Train in the Night: A Story of Music and Loss

5.0 out of 5 stars A big help to me, 21 April 2012
I lost fifty per cent of my hearing three years ago, after having inflenza, and I am only 42 years old. The hardest thing for me to accept was how I thought I could never listen to music again, due to the massive distortion. I am a huge music lover, so it broke my heart when I could not even recognise favourite songs. I am still learning how to adjust how and what I can listen to.
This book was a huge comfort to me, as none of my friends, family, or even the professionals, understood how tremendously difficult this last three years have been for me.
I wish to give a huge thanks to the author, as I no longer feel alone.

A guide to British bats
A guide to British bats
Offered by Nutbags garden bird foods

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative., 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: A guide to British bats
This guide is very informative.It is robust enough to be taken outdoors with you, as it is a handy size and laminated. I would recommend it thoroughly.

Ancol Padded Dog Car Harness, Large, Black
Ancol Padded Dog Car Harness, Large, Black
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Order a size bigger!, 6 Aug. 2011
Great,high quality harness. However, I initially tried a medium on my dog, as she is certainly not a large dog,she is a mongrel around the size of a beagle. However, when I tried the large on her, it fitted. Therefore, I would recommend going up a size to the manufacturer's guide.
I found it easier to fit than other makes of harnesses I have tried, and the seatbelt fitting is very clever,and can be detached for walking.

Heidi Mottram Women CFMSP01-Curved Flap Multi Section Purse coin purse fuchsia X Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile, 29 Jun. 2010
This is a great product. It is warm, and the material feels lovely against your skin. The zip system means that it is very versatile. It can be converted into two singles, or just opened out like a duvet.
Great price too, I shopped around, and found this to be the best deal.

WINNIE 6 IN 1 BIND UP HB (WINNIE THE WITCH)
WINNIE 6 IN 1 BIND UP HB (WINNIE THE WITCH)
by Valerie Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Winnie the Witch: 6 in 1 Collection, 13 Feb. 2009
Excellent value, six separate stories in one book.The illustrations are detailed, and the stories are unusual.