Profile for John S > Reviews

Lanvin Avant Garde Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml
Lanvin Avant Garde Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml
Offered by Quintescents

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find!, 16 Jan. 2015
This is a great find! I read up reviews on it - and they all highly recommend this fragrance.

At first when I looked at the price, I thought it wouldn't be very good, but I was wrong.

It has a nice scent. The best way to describe it is tobacco mixed with honey. It gives a nice warm feeling perfect for the colder seasons.

Presented in a nice bottle and box, this would make the perfect gift.

I would say that this is suitable for any age, and perfect for those formal occasions.

Giorgio Beverly Hills Red Homme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Giorgio Beverly Hills Red Homme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells very good!, 7 Jan. 2015
After purchasing Giorgio Beverly Hills for men and being very impressed with it, I thought I'd give this a try. I like my fragrances to last long and project well, and this is what Giorgio Beverly Hills gives you.

Red for men lasts for a long time, and projects to a far distance so a lot of people will smell you. Unfortunately, a lot of fragrances today even very expensive ones struggle to offer these 2 main properties.

It has a fresh and spicy leather fragrance which can be quite strong as soon as you spray it, but as it dries the scent becomes very good and very nice to smell!

I would say this is a winter fragrance, I wouldn't personally wear this during summer due to the woodiness and leather inside this juice. I would also recommend this for late afternoon or evenings, but really you can easily wear this all day.

The box is very nice and would make a great gift. The bottle is average but the sprayer is very good.

This fragrance to me shows off a man who is successful but doesn't necessarily have to work hard for his success; it defines someone who has romance as a much higher priority than work - perhaps this is why I think this makes a perfect fragrance for late afternoons and evenings.

I spent a while trying to figure out why they called this red. There is a carnation note in this fragrance which is a red flower. Carnations have a light scent, but you have to get close to them to appreciate them. That's just my opinion on why they called it red, but maybe that's why I find this as a fragrance for men with romance on their mind.......

You need to try this. It's definitely worth the money and easily beats a lot of fragrances in my collection!

I hope this review has helped.

TRIXES New Black Headset Headphone Microphone for XBox 360 XBox Live
TRIXES New Black Headset Headphone Microphone for XBox 360 XBox Live
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but uncomfortable, 5 Jan. 2015
This does the job. You can hear others clearly, and they can hear you clearly.

You just need to plug it into the controller and that is all.

The main downside is it is very uncomfortable and feels like it will snap at any moment.

Giorgio Beverley Hills Yellow Eau de Toilette for Men - 118 ml
Giorgio Beverley Hills Yellow Eau de Toilette for Men - 118 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars You need to get this!, 5 Jan. 2015
I was looking for a fragrance which was very good in terms of longevity (how long the scent lasts) and sillage (how it projects).

I came across this one after doing a bit of research. A lot of people have stated that this fragrance lasts very long and projects extremely well.

When I first spray it, I smell it straight away which is a bit unusual as with other fragrances I really have to smell my wrist to be able to pick them up - so I was happy that this fragrance is very powerful. I pick up a powdery smell at first which slowly dries out to become a nice sweet and woody fragrance. This to me is what a fragrance for men should smell like. Due to the woodiness of the fragrance I would say this is more of a winter fragrance, HOWEVER you should have no problem at all wearing this during all seasons.

I don't think this has any particular age range as I think anyone can wear this. To me, this gives off the image of a powerful and successful man.

The box is very nice and looks more expensive than it actually is. The bottle is decent with a lid which you just pull off (so be careful when travelling in case it falls off). The sprayer is excellent! It sprays a nice amount with a good distribution area.

This makes a perfect everyday fragrance. This juice is very powerful so a couple of sprays should be enough. Because of this, the value is outstanding.

I've owned fragrances which have cost me hundreds, and I would say that this beats a lot of them!

The ones I received are the newer reformulated versions. You can tell from the colour of the juice (light green) but either way the reformulation is fantastic. It isn't as good as the original, but still is extremely close.

Definitely give it a try. I've ordered more as it's just such a winner at the price.

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene Eau de Toilette Spray 120ml
Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene Eau de Toilette Spray 120ml
Offered by Direct Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 Jan. 2015
This projects well and lasts for a long time. Unfortunately, some people love this, but you also get people who hate this fragrance but I really don't see why.

I purchased this, then when looking online people have said that they absolutely hated this fragrance. This got me worried, but when I received it and tried it on I really don't understand why - it really isn't bad at all! It reminds me a lot of my barber shop - it has that clean woody, powdery smell.

The bottle is nice and unique, it looks more expensive than it actually is. It even comes with a case / bag.

If you're put off by the people online doing the "Grey Flannel challenge" where people try smelling it for the first time in an expectation to be shocked, don't be. There's always going to be a chain effect where people think that if one person says it smells bad, then it must smell bad, but this is definitely not bad smelling at all.

Give it a try. You may like it, you may not, but I just think that this fragrance deserves more recognition and appreciation than it currently receives.

Dvb Beckham Intimately for Men Eau de Toilette - 75 ml
Dvb Beckham Intimately for Men Eau de Toilette - 75 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, Just give it a try!, 26 Dec. 2014
This smells really good. It's spicy and woody and so it is very good for a colder season although I can see this being worn in the warmer seasons as well so it is a good all rounder.

The scent has really amazed me. I have fragrances which cost a lot more than this and smell no where near as good.

There are however a few things I dislike about this:
- The lid can be quite hard to take off (but at least it won't fall off during journeys etc)
- It doesn't last as long as I'd like it to; maybe about 4 hours top (but you can apply moisturiser to make it last longer)
- Projection is average (this can be seen as a plus point as it makes it a safe fragrance)

To overcome some of these problems, I spray this first on my pulse points and a few on my shirt and then I apply fragrance free moisturiser on top of the perfume. This helps it to last hours longer as it locks the fragrance into place and keeps your skin hydrated. By spraying it on clothes it will last longer than on the skin.

I thought the tough lid was only me being a bit fussy, but I did purchase the intimately for women for a female family member and the first thing she asked me was "how do you get this lid off?!"

Overall, I highly recommend this. It is perfect for the younger ages, I would say under 30. For the price you really cannot go wrong. This makes a good everyday fragrance and I highly urge you to give it a try. Buy it for yourself, or for a loved one or a friend; you just can't go wrong with this - it's such a safe fragrance!

Aventus by Creed Eau de Parfum Spray 120ml
Aventus by Creed Eau de Parfum Spray 120ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST!, 25 Dec. 2014
I never go wrong when wearing Creed Aventus. Every single day I wear this I get compliments like crazy! Even people have told me that they hate men wearing aftershaves but I smell so good! What amazed me is that after work (about 8 or 9 hours) when I got home, someone told me that I smelt really nice and they were far away from me!

It gives you confidence, I love smelling it on myself, everyone else loves smelling it on me, what more can a perfume give me?

You get what you pay for, and this is just amazing.

Jacques Bogart Silver Scent EDT Spray 100 ml
Jacques Bogart Silver Scent EDT Spray 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Either love it or hate it, 25 Dec. 2014
If you're looking for an affordable perfume, this is something you have to try.

It's quite a dark, fruity smell but it lasts ages and projects very well! Even after having a wash, it is still very noticeable.

I would say this is a winter fragrance, I don't see why I would wear this during summer. It's a really strong fragrance and heat will make the fragrance smell even stronger.

The bottle isn't all that special but you can expect this for the price. The sprayer is powerful and sprays a good amount in a distributed area so I am quite surprised with how good the sprayer is for a perfume in this price range.

If you're looking at this for a gift, I personally wouldn't buy this simply because you have people who love this, but you also have quite a lot of people who can't stand it. When purchasing gifts I tend to go for the one which most people like to be on the safe side, but as I mentioned with this one, it's quite risky whether the recipient will like it or not due to a lot of mixed opinions on this particular fragrance.

Give it a try - you might like it or you might hate it, but if you're like me who likes perfume which projects well and lasts long then you'll like this.

Be very careful with this. I find that even 2 sprays can give me a slight headache, that's how powerful this is; but as long as you use it in 'moderation' then you'll enjoy it.

Lynx Peace Duo Gifting
Lynx Peace Duo Gifting

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells so good, highly recommended!, 25 Dec. 2014
I purchased 4 sets of these for myself as I was really surprised with how good it is after purchasing a set from a local shop.

Wow, I was really amazed! The shower gel and deodorant set smells really nice!! It's so good that I would have expected to pay a lot more for it. The shower gel is 250ml, and the deodorant bodyspray is 150ml.

The packaging is nice. Out of the 4 I ordered, all 4 weren't damaged at all. The packaging is a nice square box so it is easy to wrap up.

I highly recommend this! I'm really not a fan of lynx but this has really surprised me; it smells premium! I would even pay more for this.

Ed Hardy Love and Luck Men Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
Ed Hardy Love and Luck Men Eau de Toilette - 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice scent, shame about how long it lasts, 15 Dec. 2014
This is a really nice fragrance which to me smells very sweet. It's one I would wear during the day in summer or spring.

I really like the box and bottle. I couldn't even throw the box away as it looks so visually appealing!

The 50ml size is great and as it's cylindrical it is easy to travel with.

My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long. I would say about 2-3 hours if you're lucky but at this price you can afford to put it on regularly.

I recommend this for someone in their early twenties or younger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10