Profile for John S > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 545

John S
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Learn Python in One Day and Learn It Well: Python for Beginners with Hands-on Project. The only book you need to start coding in Python immediately
by Jamie Chan

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book if you want to learn Python!, 21 April 2015
If you're looking at learning Python then look no further, this book is what you need!

It is a fairly short book but teaches the fundamentals of programming with Python. However, it doesn't cover object oriented programming but there are plenty of tutorials for this online.

I have knowledge of C#, Java and other popular programming languages but I wanted to learn Python but found that actually it is quite different to other programming languages. Yes, the concepts of variables, if statements, loops etc are the same between languages, but Python for example uses indentation to classify a block of code rather than curly brackets which I am used to using etc. So even if you are an experienced programmer, you need to read up on Python as it does a lot of things in its own style.

Python is meant to be a very easy programming language, especially for beginners and I can see why! I really really really wish I looked into Python a lot earlier!

The author has just kept to the point to keep the book short but provide you with what you need to become a Python programmer. There are a lot of programming books with thousands of pages of information you probably won't even remember or need and to be honest, I just don't have the time to read them...

I highly recommend this book! When you have finished reading the book (should only take a few hours), you can use the book as a reference. For example, if you forget how to create a loop in Python, just quickly flick through the book and see the code you need. Fantastic purchase, something that I will keep in my bookshelf for years to come!

Sure Men Quantum Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - 50 ml, Pack of 6
Sure Men Quantum Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - 50 ml, Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic unisex antiperspirant, 7 April 2015
Nice scent and for a great price. It is a 48 hour anti-persperant.

Like another reviewer mentioned, this can be used by both males and females. I don't know why it is marketed as a man's antiperspirant...

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner 2 in 1 Formula 500ml & Cloth
Leather Cleaner & Conditioner 2 in 1 Formula 500ml & Cloth
Offered by Syntec

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans but could smell better, 4 April 2015
Really good at cleaning dirt. Just spray this over your leather sofa or furniture and wipe away with the provided cloth. Really does clean it.

Only complaint is the smell - would've been better if they added a slight fragrance such as lemon to it.

Overall, highly recommended.

Loris Azzaro Chrome Sport Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml
Loris Azzaro Chrome Sport Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, ashame about the bottle, 2 April 2015
This is a very nice citrus fragrance. After owning the normal Azzaro Chrome I thought I would give this a try, and it smells very nice. It doesn't last as long as I would like it to, but for about 4 hours so it is okay.

My only frustration is the bottle. The base is very thin and so gets knocked over quite easily.

Perfect for sport or gym as it's not overpowering and just smells sporty.

AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air
AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Very safe, 2 April 2015
I'm really impressed with this. I wanted just a case to put my laptop in which can then be put into my backpack.

At first I thought the padding would be awful, and wow was I wrong?! There is plenty of padding, so much so that I know even if I drop it my laptop would be safe.

Highly recommended!

Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black
Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 2 April 2015
I was looking for a microphone mainly to use for Skype and to do some screen recording. I then thought that I may as well just get a webcam with a built in microphone and I saw this one. The reviews were good so I decided to go for it - after all, the price is really good!

Firstly, let me tell you, the video quality in this is just outstanding. I've had webcams which offered 1080p recording, but the optics or the sensor or something was really poor so it looked really pixelated. The quality from this webcam is the best I've seen!

Secondly, the microphone is very clear and at a good volume. Okay it isn't the best, but you can definitely be heard clearly.

It works on Linux, I just had to plug it in.

I highly recommend this.

ASUS X205TA 11.6-Inch Notebook (Black) - (Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!! But some design flaws., 24 Mar. 2015
You buy a chair to sit on. You buy a bed to sleep on. What I'm trying to say is that different things are made for different uses.

This laptop doesn't have the best performance. It's not for gaming, video editing or other high demand uses. This particular laptop is for travel and it certainly does that with its nice small size, lightweight of just under 1kg and fantastic battery life of around 10 hours!

It is perfect for everyday computing uses such as word processing, web browsing etc, and wow it does a VERY good job at that! It isn't slow at all, it is a very capable machine.

The 32GB SSD isn't very large, but you can expand this with a micro SD card, but it does come with 500GB cloud storage free of charge for 2 years. As it features an SSD, it boots up extremely fast.

I purchased this for my uni work to write up reports etc, and this is just fantastic. I wanted a nice small sized laptop which I could easily bring to uni with me or if I go on holiday etc.

I am so glad I went for this. Oh, did I also mention that this comes with 1 year of Microsoft Office 365 personal? A product key is provided so don't accidentally throw away the card containing your product key thinking it's junk!

Why 4 stars? I dropped 1 star off the rating for the following:
- Mini HDMI port. Why?
- MicroSD card slot instead of SD. Why?
I want to say that these are there to keep the small compact size, but I've seen similar sized models featuring these ports as full size.

As well as this, there are metal tabs at the bottom of the monitor when opened which loves to dig into wooden surfaces and scratch them. I do not understand why these are there.

Either way, it is a fantastic laptop at such a bargain price. I've had more expensive laptops A LOT worse than this! I have no regrets of purchasing this and I highly recommend it!

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 v2
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 v2

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but very small, 19 Mar. 2015
This is a nice mouse, however it is very small and this makes it a bit uncomfortable to hold.

It tracks nicely - some mouses in the past have struggled to track correctly on my desk but this one is just fine.

It takes 1 AA battery and this is provided. There is a slot for the tiny receiver (USB) to hide inside the battery socket.

It's very portable and I highly recommend it.

TASSIMO Kenco Medium Roast Coffee 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs/pods)
TASSIMO Kenco Medium Roast Coffee 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs/pods)

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice regular cup of coffee, 11 Mar. 2015
These T-discs offer a nice cup of coffee which isn't very strong.

The intensity rating given by tassimo is 3/7.

There is no Crema on the coffee - it just looks like a regular filter coffee. Obviously the convenience of the tassimo system makes this very simple and tidy.

Perfect for the times when you have guests over and they want a cup of coffee. Very nice with a drop of milk.

TASSIMO HOT WATER T DISC (T20, T40, T42, T65 T85 OR VIVY)
TASSIMO HOT WATER T DISC (T20, T40, T42, T65 T85 OR VIVY)
Offered by WARM TOUCH STORES LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars More hassle than I thought..., 11 Mar. 2015
This delivers hot water between 80-90 degrees celcius. You can adjust it which changes the barcode to change the amount of hot water, but in my opinion it is useless as it would've been easier to just press the button on the tassimo machine to start, and press it later on to stop it.

You have to remove the standard tassimo piercing unit to put this in, which makes it a bit of a hassle. I would've liked it if it was a normal T-disc which would've made things a lot easier.

Why couldn't they just have made this like their cleaning disc?

It's good, but I won't be using it as it's annoying to remove the tassimo piecing unit to put this in and dispense hot water.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12