Profile for John S > Reviews

Calvin Klein Man Eau de Toilette Spray - 100 ml
Calvin Klein Man Eau de Toilette Spray - 100 ml
Offered by PerfumeShopping

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells great!, 21 Nov 2014
Calvin Klein has really impressed me with this perfume. It is a woody and spicy scent, which to me resembles peppers.

I would say this is a winter fragrance, but really you can get away with using this during any season so long as you are careful with the spray button.

The bottle is interesting - it is different and looks great. The bottom part (where the perfume is stored) is glass, and what is a bit disappointing is that the lid is just plastic but it really isn't that much of an issue.

The spray doesn't distribute as much as I would like it to. It does spray a good amount, but it does so in a small area only. Again not really an issue but it would've been better if the spray distributed the fragrance a bit more.

I think this is suitable for any ages. I can see teenagers wearing it, and I can see 60 year old men wear it without a problem. Calvin Klein has made this as versatile as possible.

This is really a compliment getter and I highly recommend it.

Paris Hilton Just Me FOR MEN by Paris Hilton - 100 ml EDT Spray
Paris Hilton Just Me FOR MEN by Paris Hilton - 100 ml EDT Spray
Offered by Galaxy Perfume

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch for your money!, 21 Nov 2014
I never knew what to expect from Paris Hilton, but I just had to give it a try because I've heard so many good things about it.

If you own 360 Red by Perry Ellis, you're in for a shock. When I sprayed this and asked someone else to tell me what she thought about it, she instantly said to me "where have I smelt this before?" because she remembered 360 Red. It is so close, but obviously each fragrance is unique in its own way. I don't own Acqua Di Gio but apparently these 2 are very close to this and most people say 360 Red and Paris Hilton Just Me perform better(!!)

I actually like the bottle for this, it looks nice with the clear to black gradient which I didn't know it was meant to represent because when I smell this fragrance I think hot sunny day. But then it hit me when the fragrance started drying down, it loses just a tiny bit of the sweetness and the smell becomes a bit more woody, and bang! That's why the bottle is like that - it starts off nice and sweet (the clear part of the bottle) then as it settles down on your skin it becomes a darker fragrance due to a wood note - I believe it is the mahogany (black part of the bottle).

The sprayer is a bit poor in that it sprays a small amount in a tiny area, but you can definitely spray a lot more due to the price.

The fragrance is very good, it has a good mixture of notes and I would say this is definitely one for the hotter seasons.

I am really impressed by this, especially with the price point. If you don't have this, get it, you won't be disappointed! I wouldn't mind paying a lot more for this and that's saying something!

What's better than someone saying to you "What have you got on, you smell great?" then you just have to reply back "Oh, it's Just Me" :).

I hope this review has helped. I know I compared it a lot to 360 Red, but if you own both the fragrances you will understand how identical these are.

Energizer High Tech Batteries - 2 Pack
Energizer High Tech Batteries - 2 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of power, 19 Nov 2014
I often hate purchasing equipment which uses D size batteries as they can be expensive...

However these batteries aren't all that expensive and last a long time. Surprised me because I was mainly using these for a battery powered air-pump for pumping up an airbed and most people reviewing this air-pump complained that batteries only lasted for about 30 minutes. But when I tried it with these batteries they lasted about 50 minutes, so I was impressed!

Will be buying more.

Sanyo 1900mAh AA Eneloop Mignon Battery (Pack of 4)
Sanyo 1900mAh AA Eneloop Mignon Battery (Pack of 4)
Offered by iCell Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic batteries!, 19 Nov 2014
If you're looking for rechargeable batteries, eneloop is highly recommended by tons of people and I can see why.

The batteries once fully charged last a long time, and they can be charged over and over again (many more times than the standard rechargeable batteries).

Another thing I like about this is the design of the batteries. As soon as I see it I know they are rechargeable (because they are eneloop). With some other well-known battery companies, I have to look around the battery to see if they are rechargeable or not.

I use a Duracell 15 minute charger with these batteries and they are compatible. The duracell charger I have normally dislikes non-duracell branded rechargeable batteries, but gets along with eneloops perfectly!

Because these are rechargeable, they are also environmentally friendly than buying single use batteries regularly.

Highly recommended!

Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered
Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 19 Nov 2014
If you are running out of USB slots, get this! It uses the power from the USB slot (your computer) so you don't need to plug it into the mains as well which is great!

Even if you aren't running out of USB slots, chances are in the near future you will as there are so many different devices which are powered by USB.

I highly recommend this. You don't need to install any drivers, you just plug it in and that's it, you now have more USB ports!

10 Pack of Green Lint Free Microfibre Exel Super Magic Cleaning Cloths For Polishing, Washing, Waxing And Dusting.
Offered by Discounted Cleaning Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Great size and does the job well!, 19 Nov 2014
These microfibre clothes are big and so makes cleaning easy!

I use these mainly for cleaning surfaces and TV screens (whilst using the correct corresponding sprays etc).

They are very good quality and when they are dirty you just pop it into the washing machine and re-use!

They won't scratch, and collect dust very well.

Highly recommended. Even if you won't use them, just purchase them so you have them laying around as chances are you're going to need them!

SPEEDLINK Event USB 2.0 Stereo Speakers - Black
SPEEDLINK Event USB 2.0 Stereo Speakers - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality and features, 19 Nov 2014
Great sound quality and just had to plug it in to the speaker 3.5mm jack and a USB port on my computer and it works a treat. Of course the sound quality isn't as good as more expensive models, but it is actually very good!

It has a headphone socket in the speaker so you can plug your headset into this directly rather than unplugging the speakers and plugging your headphones into the socket on the computer which is very useful.

With mine, when I turn my computer off the speakers turn off as well, so it saves electricity rather than having them plugged into the mains and on 24/7.

Didn't need to install any drivers or anything - the USB is strictly for the power only so you don't need a driver at all. Works straight out the box.

Highly recommended. Looks great too!

Perry Ellis 360 Red Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml
Perry Ellis 360 Red Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml
Offered by Online Beauty Buys

5.0 out of 5 stars You MUST get this!, 18 Nov 2014
This is an OUTSTANDING fragrance! It smells fantastic, and is often compared a lot to Acqua di gio which costs a lot more! Did I also mention that a lot of people say this is actually better than Acqua di gio?

This lasts longer and projects more than Acqua di gio.

It has a nice fresh & sweet fragrance mixed with a bit of spice. I would say this is more of a summer fragrance. It is very pleasing and is easily a compliment getter!

Don't buy this if you're just looking for an Acqua di gio clone because this isn't a clone. Whilst they are very very similar, each fragrance is unique in their own way.

The bottle is unique and the sprayer is O.K. The cap is a bit too plastic for my liking but this would've helped to keep the price down.

An absolute bargain, you must get this! It is only available in the US, but don't let that put you off because it means that you'll have a more unique fragrance than others! Why smell like others?

Flo Refillable Fragrance Atomiser, Silver 4.7 ml
Flo Refillable Fragrance Atomiser, Silver 4.7 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 12 Nov 2014
Looks great, you can fill it up with any perfume bottle by just spraying into the base, doesn't leak because of the screw on base, what more can I say?

This is unisex, perfect if you're travelling such as on a plane as this I believe meets with the liquid rules (this is 4.7ml).

I like this as it fits in your pocket easily, and allows you to spray your favourite cologne or perfume at any moment so you can always make the right impression!

Silver Perfume Oil - 6ml by Al Rehab
Silver Perfume Oil - 6ml by Al Rehab
Offered by al-aneeq

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very good perfume oil, 11 Nov 2014
These smell fantastic for both males and females. Although this is only 6ml, this is perfume oil which means you only need a tiny dab and it already projects like crazy for a long time!

I received a compliment from a female family member saying "That's the one! It smells so good!". I don't even know how she smelt it as we were quite distant when she made the comment and I didn't put a lot on at all. She then asked me about it so she could purchase some for herself.

A lot of people say it smells very similar to Creed's Silver Mountain Water. In my opinion if you are buying a fragrance as a cheaper version of another one then you are wasting your time - every fragrance is unique and although they can be similar, if you want one fragrance then buy that one.

This is definitely a unisex scent, it doesn't smell too masculine or too feminine. My only downfall on this fragrance is that it does smell a bit metallic but it's definitely not off-putting.

Do you think this is cheap? Not at all! It's not as cheap as it looks. For close to £3 you are getting 6ml, that works out at about 50p per ml, which is around £50 for 100ml. So by all means, don't think it's cheap because the price point when you think about it carefully isn't that cheap. HOWEVER, this being perfume oil does make it last a very long time. You can use it every day for about 2 months as it's some powerful stuff!

Ask someone if they know of this fragrance, chances are the answer will be no. It's very unique in this country and quite difficult to find!

DEFINITELY give this a try!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9