Profile for John S > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 525

John S
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
ASUS X205TA 11.6-Inch Notebook (Black) - (Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!! But some design flaws., 24 Mar. 2015
You buy a chair to sit on. You buy a bed to sleep on. What I'm trying to say is that different things are made for different uses.

This laptop doesn't have the best performance. It's not for gaming, video editing or other high demand uses. This particular laptop is for travel and it certainly does that with its nice small size, lightweight of just under 1kg and fantastic battery life of around 10 hours!

It is perfect for everyday computing uses such as word processing, web browsing etc, and wow it does a VERY good job at that! It isn't slow at all, it is a very capable machine.

The 32GB SSD isn't very large, but you can expand this with a micro SD card, but it does come with 500GB cloud storage free of charge for 2 years. As it features an SSD, it boots up extremely fast.

I purchased this for my uni work to write up reports etc, and this is just fantastic. I wanted a nice small sized laptop which I could easily bring to uni with me or if I go on holiday etc.

I am so glad I went for this. Oh, did I also mention that this comes with 1 year of Microsoft Office 365 personal? A product key is provided so don't accidentally throw away the card containing your product key thinking it's junk!

Why 4 stars? I dropped 1 star off the rating for the following:
- Mini HDMI port. Why?
- MicroSD card slot instead of SD. Why?
I want to say that these are there to keep the small compact size, but I've seen similar sized models featuring these ports as full size.

As well as this, there are metal tabs at the bottom of the monitor when opened which loves to dig into wooden surfaces and scratch them. I do not understand why these are there.

Either way, it is a fantastic laptop at such a bargain price. I've had more expensive laptops A LOT worse than this! I have no regrets of purchasing this and I highly recommend it!

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 v2
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 v2

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but very small, 19 Mar. 2015
This is a nice mouse, however it is very small and this makes it a bit uncomfortable to hold.

It tracks nicely - some mouses in the past have struggled to track correctly on my desk but this one is just fine.

It takes 1 AA battery and this is provided. There is a slot for the tiny receiver (USB) to hide inside the battery socket.

It's very portable and I highly recommend it.

TASSIMO Kenco Medium Roast Coffee 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs/pods)
TASSIMO Kenco Medium Roast Coffee 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs/pods)

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice regular cup of coffee, 11 Mar. 2015
These T-discs offer a nice cup of coffee which isn't very strong.

The intensity rating given by tassimo is 3/7.

There is no Crema on the coffee - it just looks like a regular filter coffee. Obviously the convenience of the tassimo system makes this very simple and tidy.

Perfect for the times when you have guests over and they want a cup of coffee. Very nice with a drop of milk.

TASSIMO HOT WATER T DISC (T20, T40, T42, T65 T85 OR VIVY)
TASSIMO HOT WATER T DISC (T20, T40, T42, T65 T85 OR VIVY)
Offered by QUAILITAS LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars More hassle than I thought..., 11 Mar. 2015
This delivers hot water between 80-90 degrees celcius. You can adjust it which changes the barcode to change the amount of hot water, but in my opinion it is useless as it would've been easier to just press the button on the tassimo machine to start, and press it later on to stop it.

You have to remove the standard tassimo piercing unit to put this in, which makes it a bit of a hassle. I would've liked it if it was a normal T-disc which would've made things a lot easier.

Why couldn't they just have made this like their cleaning disc?

It's good, but I won't be using it as it's annoying to remove the tassimo piecing unit to put this in and dispense hot water.

TASSIMO Kenco Colombian 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs)
TASSIMO Kenco Colombian 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting coffee!, 10 Mar. 2015
I once heard that Colombian coffee is like wine - a premium tasting beverage which pleases your taste buds.

These taste very fruity and that's what I like about them. A lot of other coffee just has that generic coffee taste, but this is different... Of course it does taste of coffee, but the fruitiness really helps to wake you up in the mornings and enjoy every sip!

You get 16 servings per packet which makes it very cost efficient. It is very easy to make thanks to the tassimo machine. Simply pop a disc into your machine and hit the button - it's even easier than instant coffee!

You get a nice crema on this coffee, and I always appreciate that. It adds a LOT of flavour to the coffee, and you can't get this with instant coffee.

This coffee is quite strong, but it is one to enjoy black. I never used to drink black coffee, but Colombian coffee has changed me. I drink this coffee black as the taste is very nice and enjoyable. Since then, I've been able to enjoy other coffee black. What I'm trying to say is that Colombian coffee has really made me appreciate coffee more.

From receipt of my order, I have about 1 year before the best before date. Even so, it is just a best before date (not a use by).

Colombia is known for good coffee due to geography; so you really will enjoy this cup. If you have never tried Colombian coffee before, you really are missing out.

I highly recommend this. I hope this review has helped.

TASSIMO Costa Latte coffee 16 discs, 8 servings (Pack of 5, Total 80 discs/pods, 40 servings)

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat this!, 10 Mar. 2015
These are literally the best tasting Lattes I have ever had. I don't know if it is the milk or the espresso, but something just makes it taste so good!

I've owned lots of coffee machines (both capsule based and manual) and there's just something in this which is just very pleasing to my taste buds.

Very simple to make, you just add the milk T-disc first and hit the button. When it's done, you use the espresso T-disc, hit the button and there you have it! A latte that is very simple.

Believe me, I don't want to wake up early in the morning and make a latte on a manual espresso machine because of all the hassle (and I'm not really a morning person(!!!)). This makes it so easy and so tasty!

A lot of people say it's very expensive, and to a point I agree. However, these cost no where near as much as a latte at a coffee shop and yet taste the same - if not better (in my opinion). If money is an issue, you can purchase Espresso T-discs on their own a lot cheaper and you can purchase a milk frother. Simply heat your own milk in the microwave, froth it and use your tassimo to create the espresso and there you have it - a latte costing you much less (but of course there is more hassle involved).

Either way, if you haven't tried this, you MUST try it! I recommend it with caramelized biscuits. Whether you're looking for your regular morning coffee or a coffee for special occasions, this is just fantastic and I am surprised with how great it tastes.

I hope this review has helped.

Bodum Bistro 0.35 L Coffee Mug
Bodum Bistro 0.35 L Coffee Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 7 Mar. 2015
These are very nice glasses and fit easily into my Tassimo machine (the T40 which has lower clearance than the newer ones). As they are 0.35L / 350ml, the drinks I make with my Tassimo machine fits into this glass perfectly.

The glass allows you to appreciate the drink more as you can see the layers in a latte for example etc.

It is thick so is strong and helps to keep your drink warm for longer.

Not suitable for a gift though in my opinion as it doesn't come in a box. It came to me bubble wrapped.

Highly recommended.

Smart Works New Stackable Coffee Pod & Capsule Drawer/Organiser with Glass Top
Smart Works New Stackable Coffee Pod & Capsule Drawer/Organiser with Glass Top
Offered by Webbasket

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, 5 Mar. 2015
This looks so smart! I was tired of having tassimo T-discs all over the kitchen so I decided to invest in this.

It is heavy, and to me, heavy means good quality. You have the separators and lots of different lines in the drawer to insert them into.

I am using this for my Tassimo machine and T-discs. As T-discs are rather quite big, I managed to split the drawer into 3 sections. I can get 5 milk pods (the big ones for Lattes) in 1 section, and 10 of the smaller discs per section (you stack them 1 on top of another one, it fits).

It is quite big as well - so even if I did have a bigger machine it should still fit perfectly.

No regrets purchasing this at all. It looks stunning and does the job perfectly - well worth the investment!

Bodum Vacuum Travel Mug, Stainless Steel with White Lid and Band, Small, 0.35 l, 12 oz
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps drinks hot, looks stylish!, 5 Mar. 2015
This looks very stylish indeed and keeps your tea or coffee nice and warm for many hours! The outside (including the metal parts) feel cold so you won't burn yourself when picking it up or holding it.

This fits in my Tassimo machine without a problem, and is big enough for the Costa Latte for those of you who own a Tassimo machine. I enjoy a Latte produced by my Tassimo machine every morning and having a travel mug big enough is perfect. It fits in my car cup holder perfectly, and so when I have to pick someone up I make myself a nice Latte into this travel mug and bring it with me to enjoy whilst waiting.

It is easy to clean, and the lid is a screw on. I've read reviews saying it leaks, but I (knock on wood) haven't experienced this. I tried putting water inside and shaking it and tried holding it upside down, and I get no leakage at all.

Overall, I'm really chuffed with this and wish I purchased it sooner.

I highly recommend this. Comes in a nice rectangular box which would be easy to wrap in case anyone wants to purchase it as a gift for someone else (would make a nice gift).

Bosch Tassimo T55 TAS5542GB Hot Drinks & Coffee Machine - Black
Bosch Tassimo T55 TAS5542GB Hot Drinks & Coffee Machine - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it, but this replaces the T65???, 4 Mar. 2015
There's nothing better than sitting down with a cup of coffee and caramel biscuits... (I never thought I'd ever say that when I was younger!)

The Tassimo T55 machine is excellent for brewing all types of coffee and other beverages such as Hot Chocolate. It uses a barcode scanner to determine the pressure, temperature and a few other clever settings to ensure that you brew the required drink correctly. You don't have to worry about a thing!

The Brita filter makes a big difference. I no longer need to use a Brita jug which takes up space in my kitchen and uses more of my time. The drinks taste better with the filter, and you don't have to descale as often (although you should do it when the machine tells you to!)

The handle is easy to lock into place. I owned a T40 before and found it a bit difficult, but this one just locks into place really easily.

It's a nice compact size. It is smaller than my old bulky T40 machine and looks very smart in the kitchen.

Why only 4 stars then? I find the cleaning T-disc (a disc required for descaling or dispensing just hot water) a bit annoying. I want to flush hot water to clean the system regularly (every evening) to get rid of coffee etc in the machine, but it would've been better if it dispensed hot water without a disc at all. Minor issue due to my laziness, but to me it makes cleaning the machine a bit more difficult. I'm pretty sure it's just with the design of the system where you need a disc inside to route the water.

As well as this, I'm rather frustrated to think that this is the replacement for the T65. The T65 model had LED lights which lit up your cup, an LCD screen which made it simple and gave instructions on the screen etc etc. This doesn't even have an LCD screen or LED lights! Come on Tassimo, if you're going to replace the T65 model at least match the features the T65 had first.

Prices of the T-Discs can be quite expensive, but quality comes with price unfortunately. I absolutely love the Costa Latte this machine produces, and to have that in the convenience of my own home is just great!

What I really like, again, is the big variety of drinks. You can purchase Americano coffee for example for those in the house who don't like milk-based coffee.

This to me is a lot easier than instant coffee!

I highly recommend this! If you go to coffee shops regularly, stop!! Save yourself some money in the long term by purchasing this machine and making your coffee at home. You'll get your investment returned in no time!

I've had Tassimo machines, Dolce Gusto machines, Nespresso machines but I've just gone back to Tassimo - I love it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11