Profile for John S > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Cross Century II Medalist Ball Pen Chrome with Gold Trim Ref 3302WG
Cross Century II Medalist Ball Pen Chrome with Gold Trim Ref 3302WG

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality!, 1 Jun. 2015
It's a very nice pen. It feels heavy and is small in size. I purchased it because I was tired of buying boxes of 20 pens then losing all of them. By purchasing a pen of this quality / price, I will look after it!

It feels so good - just pure quality! And from the description, it contains 23 karrat gold!!! As well as this, you get a lifetime warranty.

I dropped a star because the gift box was very nice and I wanted to keep it. Unfortunately, it was taped and the tape ripped parts of the gift box.

Highly recommended!

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but WiFi issues, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
This is fantastic and is a very big competitor to Google Chromecast.

It offers the apps and games you could possibly wish for such as YouTube, Netflix, Flappy Birds etc.

Being a Chromecast user, I absolutely love the remote control. I find it quite annoying having to load videos through my phone to get on the Chromecast, so a remote for this is very good.

When I received my Fire TV Stick, it was already set up with my Amazon account so I could start watching prime movies etc, so that saved me from having to type my login details with the remote control which would take a while without a physical keyboard. Amazon give you the option to purchase this as a gift to not set up your Amazon account with the Fire TV Stick.

My main issue is that sometimes the WiFi keeps disconnecting and I have the Chromecast in the exact same TV and this doesn't have the issue - so I'm not sure if the WiFi range of the Fire TV Stick is not as good as that of the Google Chromecast or maybe I have a faulty Fire TV Stick, but most of the time it works fine.

On a side note, I'm really glad that Amazon are entering this growing market. Amazon have very good and fast support and so I trust their products or that they will do their best to satisfy me as their customer in the event of me having difficulty setting it up or having a faulty product.

I highly recommend this - it's just fantastic and I don't know where I'd be without it!

TASSIMO Costa Americano 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs/pods)
TASSIMO Costa Americano 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs/pods)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic coffee, 11 May 2015
These are fantastic and provide around a mug full cup of coffee whilst leaving a bit of space for milk if you want to add some.

They taste nice and smooth and the crema adds a nice velvety feel in your mouth.

I hate talking about price in reviews as they can change regularly, but roughly you're getting a mug full of coffee for around 20p a cup which is outstanding if you think that a restaurant charges over £1 for approximately the same size cup of coffee. I personally prefer these T-discs over coffee at cafes, restaurants etc so if you haven't tried it you really should.

The tassimo system makes brewing this very simple - simply insert the disc and hit a button (don't forget about the cup!!) and there you have your own fresh cup of coffee which tastes the same or better than cafes or restaurants.

Highly recommended.

Learn Python in One Day and Learn It Well: Python for Beginners with Hands-on Project. The only book you need to start coding in Python immediately
by Jamie Chan

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book if you want to learn Python!, 21 April 2015
If you're looking at learning Python then look no further, this book is what you need!

It is a fairly short book but teaches the fundamentals of programming with Python. However, it doesn't cover object oriented programming but there are plenty of tutorials for this online.

I have knowledge of C#, Java and other popular programming languages but I wanted to learn Python but found that actually it is quite different to other programming languages. Yes, the concepts of variables, if statements, loops etc are the same between languages, but Python for example uses indentation to classify a block of code rather than curly brackets which I am used to using etc. So even if you are an experienced programmer, you need to read up on Python as it does a lot of things in its own style.

Python is meant to be a very easy programming language, especially for beginners and I can see why! I really really really wish I looked into Python a lot earlier!

The author has just kept to the point to keep the book short but provide you with what you need to become a Python programmer. There are a lot of programming books with thousands of pages of information you probably won't even remember or need and to be honest, I just don't have the time to read them...

I highly recommend this book! When you have finished reading the book (should only take a few hours), you can use the book as a reference. For example, if you forget how to create a loop in Python, just quickly flick through the book and see the code you need. Fantastic purchase, something that I will keep in my bookshelf for years to come!

Sure Men Quantum Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant 50ml - Pack of 6
Sure Men Quantum Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant 50ml - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic unisex antiperspirant, 7 April 2015
Nice scent and for a great price. It is a 48 hour anti-persperant.

Like another reviewer mentioned, this can be used by both males and females. I don't know why it is marketed as a man's antiperspirant...

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner 2 in 1 Formula 500ml & Cloth
Leather Cleaner & Conditioner 2 in 1 Formula 500ml & Cloth
Offered by Syntec

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans but could smell better, 4 April 2015
Really good at cleaning dirt. Just spray this over your leather sofa or furniture and wipe away with the provided cloth. Really does clean it.

Only complaint is the smell - would've been better if they added a slight fragrance such as lemon to it.

Overall, highly recommended.

Loris Azzaro Chrome Sport Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml
Loris Azzaro Chrome Sport Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, ashame about the bottle, 2 April 2015
This is a very nice citrus fragrance. After owning the normal Azzaro Chrome I thought I would give this a try, and it smells very nice. It doesn't last as long as I would like it to, but for about 4 hours so it is okay.

My only frustration is the bottle. The base is very thin and so gets knocked over quite easily.

Perfect for sport or gym as it's not overpowering and just smells sporty.

AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air
AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Very safe, 2 April 2015
I'm really impressed with this. I wanted just a case to put my laptop in which can then be put into my backpack.

At first I thought the padding would be awful, and wow was I wrong?! There is plenty of padding, so much so that I know even if I drop it my laptop would be safe.

Highly recommended!

Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black
Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 2 April 2015
I was looking for a microphone mainly to use for Skype and to do some screen recording. I then thought that I may as well just get a webcam with a built in microphone and I saw this one. The reviews were good so I decided to go for it - after all, the price is really good!

Firstly, let me tell you, the video quality in this is just outstanding. I've had webcams which offered 1080p recording, but the optics or the sensor or something was really poor so it looked really pixelated. The quality from this webcam is the best I've seen!

Secondly, the microphone is very clear and at a good volume. Okay it isn't the best, but you can definitely be heard clearly.

It works on Linux, I just had to plug it in.

I highly recommend this.

ASUS X205TA 11.6-Inch Notebook (Black) - (Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!! But some design flaws., 24 Mar. 2015
You buy a chair to sit on. You buy a bed to sleep on. What I'm trying to say is that different things are made for different uses.

This laptop doesn't have the best performance. It's not for gaming, video editing or other high demand uses. This particular laptop is for travel and it certainly does that with its nice small size, lightweight of just under 1kg and fantastic battery life of around 10 hours!

It is perfect for everyday computing uses such as word processing, web browsing etc, and wow it does a VERY good job at that! It isn't slow at all, it is a very capable machine.

The 32GB SSD isn't very large, but you can expand this with a micro SD card, but it does come with 500GB cloud storage free of charge for 2 years. As it features an SSD, it boots up extremely fast.

I purchased this for my uni work to write up reports etc, and this is just fantastic. I wanted a nice small sized laptop which I could easily bring to uni with me or if I go on holiday etc.

I am so glad I went for this. Oh, did I also mention that this comes with 1 year of Microsoft Office 365 personal? A product key is provided so don't accidentally throw away the card containing your product key thinking it's junk!

Why 4 stars? I dropped 1 star off the rating for the following:
- Mini HDMI port. Why?
- MicroSD card slot instead of SD. Why?
I want to say that these are there to keep the small compact size, but I've seen similar sized models featuring these ports as full size.

As well as this, there are metal tabs at the bottom of the monitor when opened which loves to dig into wooden surfaces and scratch them. I do not understand why these are there.

Either way, it is a fantastic laptop at such a bargain price. I've had more expensive laptops A LOT worse than this! I have no regrets of purchasing this and I highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12