Profile for Kirsty > Reviews

Content by Kirsty

Kirsty

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2)
Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2)
Offered by 4 Little People Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars They just won't cut, 31 Mar. 2014
Even I struggle to get these to cut paper. When my 2 year old tries to use them, the paper turns sideways between the blades. If I hold the paper taut then he can cut it once, there's certainly no chance of him cutting around anything.

Joseph Joseph Stretch Silicone Pot Stand - Black
Joseph Joseph Stretch Silicone Pot Stand - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars It arrived in a plastic bag without a box, 1 Feb. 2014
I love this pot stand, and have given it to friends in the past as a gift. Because of this, I know it comes in a nice Joseph Joseph box.

Not this one, it was chucked in a plastic bag and sent to me. I couldn't give it to friends and now have an extra pot stand. It's like they found it in the corner of the warehouse and literally threw it in the post to me. I could not be more disappointed.

Bestway Panel Beach Ball - White, 20 Inch
Bestway Panel Beach Ball - White, 20 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beach ball, 4 July 2013
Our one year old loves it and plays with it all the time. Such a good price for it too.

Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender
Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender
Offered by Tribal UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless, 4 July 2013
I had a fantastic Kenwood Wizard, but unfortunately the blade in the mixer warped when I asked it to turn chickpeas into a paste. I bought this as a replacement. I've hardly used it because I was still able to use the hand mixer of the Wizard.

A couple of times when I did use it, the motor sounded weak. Then, when I used it to mix grated cheese and cut up sundried tomatoes together it stopped working.

I'm outside of the 30 day return period and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact the seller. What a complete waste of money. I only used it about 4 times.

Slim Neoprene Cover Case for all Apple Ipad models
Slim Neoprene Cover Case for all Apple Ipad models
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 12 Jun. 2013
I wanted something light weight and affordable to protect our iPad. It's a bit of a tight fit getting the iPad in and out, but overall it's great.

ETI Turbodryer 2000 Salon Professional Hair Dryer Black
ETI Turbodryer 2000 Salon Professional Hair Dryer Black
Offered by Amazing Hair & Beauty

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like this hair dryer, 12 Jun. 2013
Every time I use the full speed setting, I get knots in my hair. I don't have the time to use the slow speed setting in the mornings, so I have to use full speed. I don't know if it would be better for someone with thick hair. I've never had this issue with another hair dryer. A very disappointing purchase.

The Inner Game of Tennis
The Inner Game of Tennis
by W. Timothy Gallwey

1.0 out of 5 stars So boring, 27 April 2013
I can see that his idea is ok, but I got it after a few pages. He stretched it out to a book by repeating himself over and over. I couldn't even finish it.

Baby Bandana Dribble Bib in JADE by Babble Kids
Baby Bandana Dribble Bib in JADE by Babble Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars I can not rate these highly enough, 27 April 2013
Our son is a class A dribbler. At 13 months he's still wearing these every day. Other bibs would become wet through and would soak his clothes, but these don't. They hold all the moisture in the fabric on the front. We still make sure we change them throughout the day, but we don't have to worry about his clothes. These are worth every penny.

Tippitoes Essential Footmuff for 0 - 30 Months (Black)
Tippitoes Essential Footmuff for 0 - 30 Months (Black)
Offered by Torque Omni-Channel Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for our McLaren, 27 April 2013
It's not super thick, but was great for helping to keep our son warm when we took him to nursery over winter. It would be better if it had a zip on either side rather than one going around the whole thing, but you get used to it.

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 27 April 2013
I could never cook them in 15 minutes, but I don't think that's necessarily the point. In 45 mins, I can still put together a great meal, with a ton of flavour, that I'd never cook otherwise.

I know we're big eaters, but I don't know how you'd make any of these meals stretch to 4 people, without doubling the quantity. Also, there's a lot of dishes containing chilli - I'd recommend using less chilli than he recommends. We like hot dishes, but have been breathing fire after some of them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3