Profile for Nelly > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Berghaus Freeflow 35+8 Women's Backpack - Red/Red, 35+8 Lt
Berghaus Freeflow 35+8 Women's Backpack - Red/Red, 35+8 Lt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Walking Day Bag! (Not Just for Women!), 9 April 2013
This is a great day bag to use. I bought mine on a whim as I was off to Nepal for a holiday and didn't have a decent day bag - but after 18 days I'm glad I did.
There's ample storage compartments for various bits and pieces, room for a 2 litre water bladder which I used on a daily basis (although not supplied).
I was originally after a bag that had decent hip support and this was the only one on the market I could find with the 'Freeflow' technology that allowed for this thereby allowing weight to come off my shoulders and go through my hips instead.
This truly is a great bag. The 'Freeflow' back section really did work - it allowed my back to sweat and breathe which other bags would not allow and soak up and make your back constantly wet. It really was nice feeling a cool breeze on my back where I would normally have nothing.
I am extremely happy with buying this bag. It has been tried and tested in Nepal and is now my standard day bag for walks/hikes.

There are other sizes available I believe so just depends on what your personal preference is.

I HIGHLY recommend this bag.

Note:
The advert says that this is for women. It's not. I'm a guy and bought this and VERY happy with it. This is a unisex bag than one specifically for women.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2013 7:58 AM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks!, 9 April 2013
These really are great socks. I bought them in conjunction of my Brasher Boots BRASHER Fellmaster GTX Men's Hiking Boots and they have been a great combination.
They keep your feet warm and dry in the cold and wet but also cool in the warm due to the wicking properties of the wool. They also don't make your boots smell as bad as other socks (especially cotton ones) too!
Definitely highly recommended. Thoroughly tested in Nepal in both hot and cold conditions. Very happy with them and are now my standard walking sock.

Brasher Mens Fellmaster GTX Boots
Brasher Mens Fellmaster GTX Boots
Price: £90.99 - £129.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Been to Nepal and Back!, 18 Feb. 2013
I bought these as I'm going on a trip to Nepal at the end of next month and needed some decent trekking/walking boots.
Having used to work in Blacks I know a bit or two about boots and knew Brasher are a well recommended brand as I used to have many customers tell me theirs laster for years before having to buy new ones.
So now I am taking a lesson out of their books and bought the Brasher Fellmaster in a UK 9.

They arrived today and so far I am extremely happy with them. I did try on some other boots at Go Outdoors but these were the best that suited my needs and were most comfortable.
They have reasonably good ankle support (they are a walking/hiking boot afterall - not a mountain boot), and are well designed with a much more modern sleeker look.
The grip is very good despite not having a Vibram sole and the rubberised toes add that extra bit of protection. The sole also has quite a rugged imprint with plenty of nobs and features for grip.
They are extremely comfortable, the leather they use is quite supportive yet forgiving at the same time.
The tongue is a little stiff to begin with but that soon softens up and there is plenty room for a decent pair of hiking socks and allowing your feet to swell a little when you go out walking/hiking.

Overall I am extremely pleased with these boots.
I will give an update when I get back from Nepal.

Update (09/04/13)
After having tried and tested these boots in Nepal on the way to Everest Base Camp - I must say I HIGHLY recommend them. Mine have now been used and abused and are still going strong.
I find that they are good for both walking/hiking in and also for casual out and about wearing when the laces are eased off and aren't so tight. Then are now well and truly worn is so very comfortable.
I saw many other hikers with bigger stiffer mountain boots on doing the same terrain and these lasted me just fine. I also used these in conjunction with Brasher's Brasher Explorer 4 Hiking Socks 2 Pack UK 5.5 -7.5 (although in size 8-10) and were lovely. Kept my feet warm and dry in the cold and the wool wicked sweat away to keep them fairly cool in the warm. Definitely well worth the combination!
I still definitely give these 5 star.

Helix Pencil Case PVC Coloured Zip 200x125mm Clear Assorted Ref M77040 (1 item, black, blue or purple zip)
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars As Described, 23 Jan. 2013
As described - nothing wrong with them and very useful - so much so I bought 3!

Clear so you can see the contents.
Rugged and durable as well as water resistant. Definitely what I needed but odd bits and pieces - not necessarily just pencils!

The Crossing. Conquering the Atlantic in the World's Toughest Rowing Race
The Crossing. Conquering the Atlantic in the World's Toughest Rowing Race
by James Cracknell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adventure Reading!, 23 Jan. 2013
I bought this book as I read Ben Fogle's book the wrong way round and read the South Pole race first before this one but I had needn't worried...
This book tells their story of their adventure across the Atlantic Ocean with all the ups and downs they had and is a true and thoughtful book on the journey with all their thoughts and feeling on show.
Despite this book being several yeas old now, it can still captivate the reader and put them out in the ocean with Ben and James' journey.

It is certainly a book to be read - especially for the inner adventurer in you. I know mine's come alive - that's why I'm trekking to Everest Base Camp!

Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - White
Offered by EVERGREEN Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little headphones!, 23 Jan. 2013
I'm loving these new headphones.
I've always been a Sony enthusiast and bought many of their headphones in the past and bought these for snowboarding with as well as general use.
They are comfy and bassy and was a bit concerned about the face they are angled slightly, but I shouldn't have worried. They fit more snugly due to this design.
They also have a nice little cable wrap so not to have loads of cable in your pocket which is handy as I know other headphones can be up to 1.5m long and not have anything like this!
They are plastic, but for this price what do you expect and a lot of my Sony headphones are plastic also but that has never worried me - it's sound quality I'm after and Son'y have never let me down!

Black Leather Wallet With Zip Coin Pocket & ID Window
Black Leather Wallet With Zip Coin Pocket & ID Window
Offered by Leather Express Dispatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Wallet, 17 Jan. 2013
Just received this as a Birthday present and I'm very happy with it!
Nice leather and well made.
It has all the compartments you need. I like the fact that there is a note section and a separate zipped note section and a zipped external coin pocket. It's a decent sized coin pocket too as a lot of branded wallets seem to have quite small ones barely enough to fit a few coins!
It's a nice decent size - not too big and not too small and can fit most things you (unless you have an excessive amount of credit cards!).
The zip are all nice and smooth and the run fin - no jamming or problems.

Indeed very happy with it. (Although I wanted a brown wallet but hey ho!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the investment!, 14 Jan. 2013
I bought a pair of Tenn Shorts and these came with them as the general ones had run out of stock.
I glad these did though! They are very comfortable to wear and certainly add the extra comfort whilst cycling! DEFINITELY worth the investment.
The padding is quite nice and soft. Feels a bit weird if you've never used them before (like myself) when walking around - but as soon as you get on your bike they come into their own league and you'll be glad you bought them.
The pant itself is made out of a mesh material so quite breathable and comfortable and I currently wear them on top of a Under Armor Cole Gear leggings to keep me warm during the winter.

I think these are EXCELLENT value for money and definitely well worth it for the extra comfort you get. No need to get a top of the range brand when you can get these! Very affordable! And comfortable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these Trousers!, 1 Jan. 2013
I bought these trousers as I had already bout a pair of the normal ones without the lining and found them to be quite nice and comfortable.
I use them not only for walking but also for work - and I have to say I would gladly buy another pair!
When I normally work outside in the cold - I would have a paid of thermals on underneath my normal trousers. Because these trousers are so warm and comfortable I found myself not needing to wear my thermals. It's great! (Well that is unless in you're in severe minus figures!)
They are just the same layout as the normal kiwis too. I love the fact they're water repellent too unlike other trousers so you see the water droplets just run off. Nice and comforting to know when you get caught out in the rain.
They're very well made and have no problems with them what so ever. Also like the fact you get 2 normal pocket on each leg, one of which is zippable so you can keep item secure without thinking you'll lose them.
These are some really great trousers and I would definitely recommend these to anyone!

The Accidental Adventurer
The Accidental Adventurer
by Ben Fogle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Page Turner, 1 Jan. 2013
I bought this book as I wanted to get into Adventure Travel more and it is somewhat relevant with my career also.
I found it a great page turner reading about his adventures and how he came to be where he is today.
It has inspired me and made me want to go out in to the world and see many different things as there is a whole lot more to life.
I would definitely recommend this book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5