Profile for W. Whitehouse > Reviews

Content by W. Whitehouse

W. Whitehouse "Panzer" (UK)

Blue Stripes 180 cm Long PEVA Shower Curtain Screen with 12 C Shaped Rings
Blue Stripes 180 cm Long PEVA Shower Curtain Screen with 12 C Shaped Rings
Offered by AHOC Orders Dispatched Within 24 Hrs
Price: 5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars IT'S PLASTIC, 26 April 2014
This was my wife's response when I opened the package, my son commented that it will be like showering with a plastic bag. What it is to live in a plastic predudiced household. Yes the product is plastic, but I consider it to be a very practical curtain, Firstly it does not have any seems or hem trim to harbour grime, and the colours are very well printed. The lime green, has a mesmerizing flourescence with the light behind it. I deduct one star reluctantly as the curtain does not have metal eylets, only an embossed surround, which although, is quite adequate. In all a functional low priced product, which was delivered very promptly from ordering by Nicolas Nursery World. Here is a tip for all you people who have over bath showers. If the curtain has a habit of sticking to your bum, try, when turning on the shower, before getting in, wet the inside surface of the bath, where the curtain rests, so when getting in you can stick the curtain to the bath side and hopefully it will leave your extremities alone as you wash.

Karrimor Mens Bodmin Low lll Weathertite Trekking and Hiking Shoes K606-LMK-163 Light Mink 13 UK, 47 EU, 14 US

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SERVICE, 18 April 2014
The delivery service was excellent taking only a few days from ordering. The shoes are well made and are a great fit for me and are a nice wide fitting at the toes. I prefer to add cushion insoles as I suffer from plantar faschiitis, which make the shoes even more comfortable. I will be placing another order for my son who is looking for a good waliking shoe.

Dremel VersaFlame- Stationary butane torch
Dremel VersaFlame- Stationary butane torch
Price: 28.80

5.0 out of 5 stars DREMEL VERSAFLAME, 10 May 2012
There are much cheaper versions of this, but I wanted something that was well made and would perform longer than 5 minutes, which I have had in the past, so that's why I decided to buy this model. I understand that Dremel is made by Bosch, so I was assured that it would be of good construction. I can say that this product worked as expected, it is very simple to light with an inbuilt piezo ignite button. I haven't used it for too long so I can't confirm how long the gas will last, but it feels as if there is still plenty of fuel. With an adjustable flame you can get the type of heat you want and it is quite stable on it's removable foot. It comes in a metal carry case and has useful accessories. I use it for brazing and am pleased with it's performance so far. Highly recommended.

Behringer UCA202 U-Control Ultra low-latency 2 In/2 Out USB/Audio Interface
Behringer UCA202 U-Control Ultra low-latency 2 In/2 Out USB/Audio Interface
Price: 22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars BEHRINGER UCA202 U-Control, 10 Jun 2009
We had some initial problems with a static type noise on recordings from my audio. I have this unit connected to a Mac Mini via a Belkin USB Hub. As my son has a iMac we tried it connected directly to that and lost the static problem. It occurred to us then that the static was not from the recording or the Behringer unit, but from the Belkin Hub. I now connect the UCA202 direct to my Mac Mini and have eliminated the problem. I use Garageband to process the sound but for some reason when connected it stops the use of the sound input level adjuster. We are still working on that, otherwise for the money, it is a worthwhile purchase.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 3:28 PM BST