Profile for harley > Reviews

Content by harley

harley

The Lovecraft Anthology, Volume I: A Graphic Collection of H. P. Lovecraft's Short Stories
by H. P. Lovecraft
Price: 11.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper Than the Other Anthology, But the Same One, 21 Jan 2013
I saw the exact same anthology but with a different cover for around 40, and the only difference i can tell is that this may be a US edition.
Either way, I'd never read Lovecraft before, but had a slight knowledge of the mythos and I thought I'd give it a go, I was not disappointed!
The Graphic Novel is fairly long, and has about 7 or 8 different short stories in it. They're illustrated by different artists, and the artwork is fantastic overall!
I was a little apprehensive because I thought it might be a difficult read due to the dated language Lovecraft uses, but because if the nature of the artwork and storytelling, even if you don't understand a word of a phrase it's still simple to follow what's happening.
Very good purchase, I will be getting the second anthology

New Girl - Season 1 [DVD]
New Girl - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zooey Deschanel
Offered by FILMNIGHT
Price: 12.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, Most of the Time, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Quite like friends in a way, the series has episodes that are hilarious, but then there are the odd few that seem to be filler material. Zooey plays Jess, a character who is basically a child in a woman's body, and her three male flatmates have to put up with her, sometimes help her, and try to give her general advice, despite being man children themselves.
All in all it's very much worth the money for the amount of episodes included (unlike some TV shows, who put out 12 episode series' for over 20 quid and rip you off), it has some very funny moments, and some very beautiful women.
Easy to watch, it will keep you entertained.

Gio Goi Judgement Men's Jacket Black Small
Gio Goi Judgement Men's Jacket Black Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Winter Coat, Exactly What I Needed, 21 Jan 2013
Despite the lack of description on the product (waterproof, windproof, etc) I took a risk, and luckily it is both!
The Jacket itself it fairly plain, but it has a few nice (small) Gio-Goi badges and details. The sleeves has an "inner" sleeve at the wrist, which you can pull over your hands for some warmth if you don't have gloves.
The Jacket also has an inner and an outer zip, both which zip up to the neck. The hood looks nice, it's just the right size to provide decent wind/rain protection without looking ridiculous, and it's easy to make it smaller to fit your head.
Most importantly, the jacket is WARM! It's snowed and rained heavily where I live recently and I've worn it out on my bike and to mess about in the snow, and it's kept me nice and toasty.
Very good product, does everything it needs to, I would recommend.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Marvel's Avengers Assemble [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 22 Sep 2012
Brilliant film - if you enjoyed the other avengers movies (iron man, captain america, etc) then this is a must buy. Action packed from the start, and full of comedy, any marvel fan will love it.
Even if you haven't seen the other films or don't know Marvel's works, any sci-fi fan will like this film.
Directed by Joss Whedon (buffy, firefly, what more needs to be said) even the out-takes are brilliant.