Profile for taliacdf > Reviews

Zompoc: How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
Zompoc: How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
by Michael Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 April 2011
I was really disappointed by this book. I love all the "survive the zombie apocalypse, end of the world" scenarios and have many books on the subject including those by Max Brooks. I thought it would be interesting to read a book from a British perspective for those of us without easy access to guns but this was very disappointing. Endlessly repetitive, littered with typos, grammatical errors and badly punctuated, ironic really as I googled SwordWorks, the publishers, and in their submissions section they state:

"We will reject your manuscript if it (a) does not comply with our criteria for acceptable material, or (b) if it contains too many errors, particularly spelling mistakes."

This is obviously a vanity project and I wish I had not wasted my money. I gave it one star as i could not give it the zero it really deserves.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2011 4:52 PM BST