Profile for Jayne Saul-Paterson > Reviews

Content by Jayne Saul-Pat...

Jayne Saul-Paterson

How to Get a Job You'll Love 2013-2014 Edition
How to Get a Job You'll Love 2013-2014 Edition
by John Lees

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding work that you can excel at, 13 Nov. 2012
John's book `How to get the job you'll love' has been a personal source of inspiration for me as I have faced restructuring and job uncertainty in recent years. It has helped me to review my career to date, address what holds me back in succeeding and identify the values, skills and knowledge that I want to bring to the workplace. Through the new edition of `How to get the job you'll love', I have learnt even more strategies and ideas on how to navigate finding meaningful work in challenging times including creative job search, developing self-employment and making use of social media. Having undertaken many of the exercises in the book, reflected on my learning and taken direct action on my career planning, I now find myself in a job which meets many of my aspirations but I have also found the confidence to seek out freelance projects which also reflect and utilise my core skills and abilities. In my opinion, this book is a comprehensive and definitive guide on how to find the work that you can excel at and find greater fulfilment not just in work but in life as a whole.