Profile for Paul M. Egan > Reviews

Content by Paul M. Egan

Paul M. Egan "aod_vs_pme" (East Kilbride, Scotland)

How I Made a Feature Length Movie For Just a Few Hundred Dollars
How I Made a Feature Length Movie For Just a Few Hundred Dollars
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing useful to learn here, 22 Mar 2014
Any beginning filmmaker looking for helpful pieces of advice should not look here. The author gives terrible pieces of advice such as not to use an external microphone for sound and to shoot on a terrible mini-DV camera.

I would recommend Naked Filmmaking or the DV Rebel's Guide instead.

Samsung SyncMaster 820DXn-2 - 82" LCD flat panel display with built-in network media player - widescreen - 1080p (FullHD) - black

2.0 out of 5 stars My Wife's Buyers Remorse, 15 Oct 2013
The second I saw this beauty on Amazon I knew I had to have it. I mean I only have to take out another mortgage on the house to afford it, but what's another 20 years worth of debt?

Sadly my wife disagrees and after purchasing the item she insisted that I returned it. Unfortunately I had misplaced the receipt, lost my job and am living on the street.

I was going to give it 1 star for ruining my life, but thankfully it came in a rather large box, which I'm currently using the house myself in. So I'll give it an extra star for that.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 8:13 PM GMT

Tripod Dolly for Professional Camera/Video/Lighting Very High Quality
Tripod Dolly for Professional Camera/Video/Lighting Very High Quality
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 27.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Cheap and Easy To Control, 14 Nov 2008
I purchased the Tripod Dolly from Netgadgets and got it the next day and it was in great condition.

I mainly use my Sony FX7 video camera in all my filming, which is heavier than most handheld cameras due to its prosumer nature. However when using the Tripod Dolly I found that it gave the smoothest shots while indoors, so I then experimented by going outside and trying it on the pavement, which gave just as smooth shots.

The price was every cheap as well, Dolly's are usually expensive, but as I've said this was cheap.

I recommend this for any film makers who are in love with Dolly shots in films, but lack the large budget to do so. I also highly recommend using Netgadgets as they were fast and effective in the delivery of the Tripod Dolly.

5/5 - Net Gadgets
5/5 - Tripod Dolly
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2009 2:15 PM GMT

WWE Wrestlemania X8 (GameCube)
WWE Wrestlemania X8 (GameCube)

1.0 out of 5 stars A terrible disgrace to the WWE & THQ, 15 Sep 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I've been playing wrestling games since the NES, WWF Steel Cage Match, WWF Raw (Snes) to No Mercy and Fire Pro Wrestling, so I feel that I'm well qualified to claim I know wrestling games backwards and forwards. Therefore when I say that this is possibly the worst wrestling game I've ever played, the gravity of the statement will not be lost.

Graphics
The game looks awful, the graphics look all wrong, even No Mercy looked better than this, something just seems wrong and the animation is a joke. The game plays far to fast and can't even pass as a cartoon style of visuals and to make matters worse your created superstar looks nothing like the in game roster, to the extend that it seems out of place.

Game-play
The game play is fast and frantic, however unlike the early Smackdown series the arcade style game-play fails, no matter what you do to your opponent they don't stay down and don't even slow down even if you throw them off of the hell in a cell. The controls feel broken, even with a very limited choice of moves it's hard to pull them off, even if you push the control stick and hit the A-button at the same time. After two of three matches the game feels boring and stale.

Features
There is a large choice of matches, hell in a cell, tables, cage, ladder, but no real career mode to speak off, only a short series of matches and then the title. After playing through these once each to unlock a character, there's no point, no interest, it just becomes pointless. The battle of the belts is a good idea, but with these game-play problems it's pointless. The matches are terrible to play, this game has made hell in a cell boring, I never thought that possible.

Multi-Player
Rubbish, the controls, lack of an entertaining game-play engine and modes which are terrible.

Overall I recommend you get No Mercy (N64), Fire Pro Wrestling (GBA) or the best gamecube wrestler Day Of Reckoning, which is the closest to a modern No Mercy. Just don't play this game, even if it only costs you a 1, you'll feel ripped off, I felt that like.

1/10

Raindance Producers' Lab Lo-To-No Budget Filmmaking
Raindance Producers' Lab Lo-To-No Budget Filmmaking
by Elliot Grove

5.0 out of 5 stars An Indie Bible For The No-Budget Film Maker, 23 May 2007
Having bought hundreds of pounds worth of low budget film making books, which disappointed me. I was pleased to find a book like this, which went into far more depth than anything else I've ever read. The book has details on all different types of low budget film making, not just digital but it also covers 35mm.

Included is an excellent CD-ROM.

Overall, I just have to say if you're a low budget film maker I'd recommend getting this for research.

PME

Freddy Vs Jason [DVD] [2003]
Freddy Vs Jason [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Robert Englund
Offered by nr1media
Price: 9.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Freddy Vs Jason Vs Everyone, 2 Jan 2004
This review is from: Freddy Vs Jason [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Now some people moan if they can't get something and when they do get it they moan. This is the case of most of the internet sites I have been on when reading about Freddy vs Jason. Now can't they be happy this got made, first of all they actually found a descent way that they could get Freddy and Jason in the same world. Secondaly, they took the end of the second act and 99% of the third act so that they could battle it out... THank you. Freddy vs Jason is the best horror film of 2003, it was just fun, not oscar material (except Robert England who should get something for Freddy as he is one of the greatest characters of all time) and it was violent. Now hopefully the sequel Freddy vs Jason vs Ash gets made, as that would be huge!

Resident Evil (GameCube)
Resident Evil (GameCube)

5.0 out of 5 stars Night of Resident Evil, 13 Nov 2003
A return to the beginning, Resident Evil is more than just an update on the classic original, it adds to it. The zombies are scary! They look like something out of George A. Romero's Dead Trilogy! Capcom have finally done what everyone wants, added some new weapons, self defence weapons, if a zombie is to grab you and you have one of these weapons you attack the zombie with and can make a clean getaway. The only flaw is that the shotgun doesn't get a headshot every time anymore and can let some zombies come back as super zombies. Overall it takes survival horror to the nezt level.