Profile for Mrs. Jennifer M. Claridge > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Jennifer ...

Mrs. Jennifer M. Claridge (Gloucestershire UK)

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first novel, 27 May 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
It is well written and fairly fast moving and certainly very gripping. It is no too horrific but it makes one wonder if all the electronic information gathering that is mentioned actually happens! It certainly kept my attention and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good thriller.

Winter in Madrid
Winter in Madrid

4.0 out of 5 stars Winter in Madrid by C J Sansom, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Winter in Madrid (Kindle Edition)
Well written as one would expect from this author, but I felt the ending was disappointing, almost as if the author just wanted to finish it at any cost - hence the 4 stars.

Recipes and Ramblings
Recipes and Ramblings
by Elisabeth Luard

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes and Ramblings, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Recipes and Ramblings (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a gift, but had a good look through it before sending it to my sister. I must confess I haven't tried any of the recipes myself - but they sound delicious and the 'ramblings' and watercolours are a delight.

The Spies Of Warsaw
The Spies Of Warsaw

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spies of Warsaw, 22 Jan. 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book - exciting and historically correct - Alan Furst must spend an enormous amount of time doing his research. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the WWII

Progressive Vegetable Wedger
Progressive Vegetable Wedger

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy chips, 2 Jan. 2010
Cut the potato/es with this gadget - place the chips on a baking tray - drizzle some olive oil on them and put in the oven at 180 - 200 C for 20 to 30 minutes,turning over halfway through. I leave the potato skin on - just scrub them clean and dry with kitchen towel before cutting. No hot fat to deal with and no smell!