Profile for K. Povey > Reviews

Content by K. Povey

K. Povey "TexasHoldMe" (Guildford, UK)

A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex
A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone who has a passion for wrestling..., 18 Nov. 2013
...will love this book.
Jericho's personality is key; he has opinions, stories and ultimately an insight into a world that we all think we know until we read a book like this. Great fun and easy to fly through - part of an elite group of wrestling autobiographies that should be on every fan's shelves - Jericho (Lions Tale & Undisputed), Foley & Hart.

Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Legends of Wrestlemania, 25 Mar. 2009
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (PS3)

I am not one for reviews, I read what people say and I take it on board but in general I keep my opinions to myself. The negative reviews of this game that you can see make some valid points but they are missing the point of this game altogether. Last night I cracked open the game and a couple of my mates came round and we had a laugh and tonight my brother, another friend (and rumour has it my dad too!)are coming round for more of the same.

The game plays smoothly enough, the commentary is character specific, the video clips of Tour mode are fantastic and actually when you delve into Relive, Rewrite & Redefine - there is plenty to do on your own without a couple of bottles of Grolsch, Doritos and your friends.

The game is designed to be picked up and played, all abilities can get involved and yet it still allows for a further layer of expertise as you get more proficient allowing you to string together some great combos as well as some nice finishers - from Ravishing Rick Rude's Rude Awakening to to Ultimate Warriors Big Splash - the end of a fight is easy enough to do that we all get the satisfaction of finishing a fight off in the most spectacular style.

Note - the chance to opt out of pinning someone by accident when you haven't finished your objectives or simply finished pummelling your opponent is very helpful - nice touch!

Downsides are the crowd can get a little dodgy from some angles in the ring but you will only ever notice momentarily and does it really matter?
Secondly, the rendering of the characters is a little exaggerated to say the least (King Kong Bundy looks toned!) but this is how they are meant to be remembered - as wrestling gods.
Lastly - I think we can all name wrestlers that would be great to have on here that aren't- Sid Justice, Lex Luger, Tugboat/Typhoon & Earthquake, Bushwackers, Nasty Boys, Doink and more managers but these could be unlockables or there will be someone who has mapped out how to build them but I have a feeling that we could be in for some updates/downloads to add to this as we go along...

If those are the only downfalls and you were a fan of wrestling in the 'olden days' then this game is an absolutely must have... just don't let your dad know about it!