Profile for Adrianna > Reviews

Adrianna (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Adventures of the Soul: Journeys Through the Physical and Spiritual Dimensions
Adventures of the Soul: Journeys Through the Physical and Spiritual Dimensions

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but is more a teaching on how to be a good person, 13 Jun. 2016
An interesting read, but not quite what I was expecting. As someone who has lost a loved one recently I had hoped on a book that would help me develop my psychic ability further. To some extent this book does through teaching you meditation. However, the vast majority of this book is explaining how your soul works, where it goes and teaching you to be mindful of your actions on others. It also teaches you to listen to your heart when trying to decide on a course in life. All valuable lessons in life and things I intend to try to employ in my life where possible, but not necessarily what I was looking for.

Viga Wooden Construction Set (53-Piece)
Viga Wooden Construction Set (53-Piece)
Offered by net_price_direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and good value, 26 April 2016
Great value construction set. Really well made, nice smooth solid pieces of wood. Box also comes with a leaflet to give you plenty of ideas as to what to make. However what I like most is that the wooden box it comes in has sections where you can sort the different bits out and a clear plastic lid that slides in on top so that you don't lose any of the bits. Sadly this lid always seems missing from most other sets. Would definitely recommend this set. My kids aged 3 and 5 both love it.

Karen Millen Womens Glamour Round Sunglasses size One Size in Browns
Karen Millen Womens Glamour Round Sunglasses size One Size in Browns
Offered by Redhotsunglasses | Free Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely sunglasses, 23 Mar. 2016
Love these sunglasses. Well made solid frame, good lens shade, and as per their name, look very glam. Nice case too in unusual shape. The side arms of the glasses are quite thick (which some people may not like), but personally I really like them.

Better Call Saul - Season 1 [DVD]
Better Call Saul - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob Odenkirk

5.0 out of 5 stars A surpringly good spin off, 12 Jan. 2016
As a huge Brealing Bad fan I decided to give this DVD a go. I was a bit hesitant to watch it in case it ruined my memories of BB, but Saul and Mike really make this work in their own right. BB took a few series to really get going and there is a fair bit of scene setting in this too, but by the end of the Series I was already looking forward to Series 2. Both Saul and Mike's acting is flawless as ever. Even when they show their 'dodgy' sides, you can't help but still like them and want more!

Toys For Play Lifting Bridge (3-Piece)
Toys For Play Lifting Bridge (3-Piece)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made bridge, reasonably priced, 12 Jan. 2016
A good, solidly made addition to any train set. Well made and fairly priced. Trains can go over or under. The bridge can be opened and raised. Also comes with the ascending track pieces on either side (which some other similar bridges do not). Overall very happy with purchase.

Amscan International Octonauts Shaped Notepad (Pack of 6)
Amscan International Octonauts Shaped Notepad (Pack of 6)
Offered by Dazzle The Party Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too small for anyone to use, 11 Jan. 2016
If I had realised just how tiny these notebooks were, I definitely would not have bought them.

Excluding the wings, the width is approx the width of a stamp for large letters. The length is approx the length of 1.5 stamps for large letters. The print of the product is ok, with the same print of the Octonauts image in grey on the inside pages, but unfortunately the size (even for small hands) makes them pretty useless. I received a similar size notebook in a cracker this year and that just went in the bin. Save your money and buy something else.

Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Oct. 2015
As this book came out a few years ago, I already had a few of her Christmas recipes printed on paper. However, as I was sick of losing them, I decided to buy the book. I must say it left me wondering why I didn't just buy it years ago! It has all the Christmas favourites like aromatic Christmas ham and star topped mince pies, that our family Christmas just wouldn't be the same without, but also so many more great recipes. I love Nigella, because her recipes always work, look great and taste fantastic - this book is no exception. Furthermore, this book has a really handy planner for cooking on the day. I can't wait to cook Christmas dinner with this book this year, but I reckon there are quite a few recipes I could use all year round. Buy! You won't be disappointed.

Sun Shade for Rectangular Car Windows Pack of Two
Sun Shade for Rectangular Car Windows Pack of Two
Offered by NURSERY THYME

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 15 April 2015
Brilliant! These arrived on the hottest day of the year (26c) and boy what a difference! I have a Vauxhall Astra and the width is near perfect, but there is a tiny gap on the inside hinge edge. It could have done with a tiny bit more fabric. So far it doesn't seem big enough though to cause any light to go on the kids' faces. Easy to fit, just slips over the top of the door and hooks under the bottom. These are by far the best car shades I have used. The suction ones either fall off or are pulled off, and are never close to being wide enough.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless product - does not cover greys, 25 Feb. 2015
This really does seem like a pointless product. I liked my normal hair colour but had the odd grey hairs starting to show through. Not wanting to loose my natural hair colour or tones I chose this product. They say it's just supposed to attach to greys. However, I found it did not cover my greys at all (despite leaving it on for 35 mins and using the correct processing solution) and it did darken my natural hair colour (which I did not want it to do!) I had previously read on other sites that Redken shades come out darker than they're supposed to and I have to agree. I can't wait for it to just was out now. Only positive I can say is that my hair still feels fairly soft and not too dry like other brands.

The Black Rabbit
The Black Rabbit
by Philippa Leathers

2.0 out of 5 stars Sinister and disappointing story, not for young children / bedtime, 6 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Black Rabbit (Paperback)
I bought this book based on the good reviews for a 3 1/2 year old boy for bedtime. This is mostly definitely not a bedtime story! The story is about a rabbit scared by his own shadow. He does everything to escape it and runs into the forest. There he meets a big wolf who chases him, then just as he is about to eat the rabbit, his shadow scares the wolf off.

An example of the text is "rabbit ran as fast as he could out of the deep, dark forest, with wolf close behind him. Rabbit scrambled to his feet, but it was too late. He shut his eyes tight and waited for the wolf to attack..."

Really don't know who this sinister story would appeal to. The 2 stars are based just on the drawings.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3