Profile for Mark > Reviews

Dvd ~ Geoffrey Rush
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 3.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly biased but still very good., 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Munich [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this film. Although I feel it is ever slightly biased portraying the Israeli's as "the good guys" and Palestinians as "the bad guys". The director being Jewish obviously chose to highlight Israel's plight. The story itself is captivating and gripping. Viewers should be aware though that this is a work of fiction based around actual events, the Munich massacre was a terrible thing to happen but killings like this have been committed, by and to, both sides.

Understand The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Teach Yourself
Understand The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Teach Yourself
by Stewart Ross
Price: 7.89

4.0 out of 5 stars With a subject like this it would be very easy to takes sides ..., 21 Aug 2014
With a subject like this it would be very easy to takes sides and an author must be cautious, Stewart Ross did a fine job with this book. Both sides are presented fairly, the history is explained well and my knowledge has increased profoundly since reading this. I admit, before I read it I thought I knew what the conflict was all about, now I know its a lot more complex and deeper than I thought.
My only gripe was the fact that I found myself re-reading some lines over and over to get into my head what the writer was saying (but maybe that's just me) and there are a few spelling mistakes and unclosed brackets. (Like this...

Well worth the read if you want to know all about what's going on in the middle easy and why.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep
Price: 70.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know what we did without one, 20 Aug 2014
This bottle maker has saved us time and is very convenient. When my daughter wakes in the middle of the night wanting milk, im downstairs and back again within 90 seconds (really!). No more waiting for the bottle to cool before giving it to baby, you just put your powder in, choose how many ounces you want and the machine pours a shot of boiled water into the bottle, you mix the powder around, place it back and it tops it up with cool sterile water. It's worked out the correct temperature and amount for you!
Its quick, easy to use and affordable. I don't know what we did without one.

The Clementine Vulgate
The Clementine Vulgate
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 20 Aug 2014
What a job to have the Biblia Sacra Vulgata in kindle format! I've been looking for an affordable physical copy for a long time but not been able to justify the extortionate prices (even on Amazon). As a firm believer that "you received free, give free" (Matthew 10:8) I'm glad to see this digital copy for a reasonable price. The book is easy to navigate, clear and accurate. An excellent item for the theologian and/or bible scholar.

Hindi in Three Months (Hugo)
Hindi in Three Months (Hugo)
by Mark Allerton

2.0 out of 5 stars Should be called "How to ask for things in shops in three months", 19 Aug 2014
This book is only useful for someone hoping to "get by ordering things in shops in India". It is of no use for any serious student of the Hindi language. It doesn't teach you Hindi script and says from the get go that although its called Hugo Hindi In Three Months it wont get you to any decent level, so I don't know why they even bothered with the title.
The phonetic pronunciation is more of a hindrance than a help, the phonetics are poorly chosen and could be simplified more. I don't know why the author chose to do it the way he/she did.

Complete German: Teach Yourself
Complete German: Teach Yourself
by Paul Coggle
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best book to learn German., 11 July 2014
This is the best book for learning German in my opinion. I think this book is the perfect starting point for anyone looking to get started or brush up what they already know. At the moment, my German is Intermediate and I found I wasn't progressing very quickly until I got this book. It has a very good structure and has explained more complex language points very clearly, ones which I had previously struggled to really understand. Now I understand them, all thanks to TY German.
You'll need the CD get the most out of this book though.

German-English Visual Bilingual Dictionary (DK Bilingual Dictionaries)
German-English Visual Bilingual Dictionary (DK Bilingual Dictionaries)
by Dk
Price: 6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect for learning vocabulary in todays world, 11 July 2014
Absolutely perfect for learning vocabulary in todays world. All organised into their relative categories. I've learned so much from this dictionary. Seeing the object rather than just the word cements it into your memory.

Laurel And Hardy - Laughing 20's [DVD]
Laurel And Hardy - Laughing 20's [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stan Laurel

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 5 Jun 2014
Some rare clips of Laurel and Hardy when they first started out and other comedy actors of that age in Hal Roach studios. It doesn't get better than Laughing 20's... some of the sketches beat modern comedies by a long shot.

The Wisdom of Psychopaths
The Wisdom of Psychopaths
by Kevin Dutton
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars An Potentially Interesting Subject... Made Tedious, 5 Jun 2014
I couldn't wait to get stuck into this, the idea that Psychopaths have some things to teach us sounds really interesting. But I found it poorly written. The sentences don't flow and you find yourself re-reading the same paragraph to understand what he's trying to say when in most cases more simple wording would've worked better. There are some great case studies in there and that's the only reason why this gets any stars at all.

Teach Yourself German (TYCC)
Teach Yourself German (TYCC)
by Paul Coggle

5.0 out of 5 stars Easyly the BEST book to learn German, 23 May 2014
I've tried and tested many language instruction books but this is by far the best one ive come across to learn German. The structure and pace is perfect and grammar is explained well so that it's easily undersood. I've been struggling for months and months with German syntax and grammar and this book just blown it all away. I have progressed more in a few days than months of study elsewhere.

I highly recommend to get the CD that goes with this too. It's usually about 20 but you can get it cheaper at language-learning.org

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6