Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for Filipeport > Reviews

Content by Filipeport

Filipeport (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Philips CD2753S/05 Cordless Phone with Answering Machine
Philips CD2753S/05 Cordless Phone with Answering Machine

3.0 out of 5 stars Answering machine does not time stamp calls, 26 July 2011
The answering machine does not time stamp calls. In other words, the answering machine will not tell you the date and time of voice messages. I tried to find this information out before buying but no luck so hopefully this will help you if this is important to you.

Hanging up on somebody does not free the line unless they hang up. In other words, you hang up and then want to make another call but you cannot make the next call until the other person hangs up and frees the line. They are still on the line. Strange.

Sound quality is very good. Speaker works really well. I would say battery life is fine but I do not use the phone continuously for hours so maybe not the best person to review battery life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2011 12:00 PM BST

Womens Designer sports bags, designer gym bags holdall travel bag
Womens Designer sports bags, designer gym bags holdall travel bag
Offered by Fitness Sports Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gym bag, does the job, 21 Nov. 2010
I use it to go to the gym. It carries my shoes, towel and a change of clothes. I find the end pockets useful. I put my wallet and keys in one pocket. The other pocket has a mesh part at the top so gets air and this pocket I use for toiletries.

The stripe is gray although it looks white in the photo. Personally, I think this is good since less likely to show dirt.

I would say that the bag is too small for a weekend bag. Shoes take up around 30% of the bag and it is not very long so dress shirts would have to be folded twice.

Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking
Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking
by Antonio Carluccio

2.0 out of 5 stars Only 20% of the recipes have photos, 20 Nov. 2010
Only around 20% of the recipes have photos. If you like to select recipes by first looking at a photo then this book is not for you. The recipes are definitely simple.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you want the light, 16 Sept. 2010
PROTECTION
Only buy this cover if you want the light because it offers the same level of protection as a hard cover on a book. Think of this cover as the hard cover on a book and the Kindle as the pages. In other words, the screen is protected from sharp items (just like the pages of hard cover book) but it will not keep liquids out and thin items can get in through the sides. If you live in the UK, where it rains a lot, you probably need to put the item in a plastic bag just to feel comfortable that it will not accidently get wet.

LIGHT
The light works well, although I don't think many would complain if it were stronger. However, it is good enough to read and I had no problem seeing the keys to type notes, etc. Additionally, if you hold the cover as a book, your partner (if sleeping on your left) cannot see the light. I like the light.

WEIGHT
It doubles the weight of the Kindle. I have weighed the Kindle and the cover and I have also weighed a 700 page paperback. The Kindle and cover weigh slightly less than the book. Therefore, the Kindle and cover weigh as much as a big paperback. Naturally, if you pick up the Kindle without the cover, it seems that the cover makes everything really heavy. However, in reality it is as much as a 700 page book and most of us would not think twice about buying a 700 page book because of its weight.

CONCLUSION
If you are looking for something to protect the Kindle and do not care about the light then no point in paying £50 for this cover. The best cover, protection and weight wise, would be a zip up type cover with a light weight hard cover (similar to what one can buy for portable hard drives). Unfortunately, I have not seen any yet but surely they will come out soon. Otherwise, if you like the idea of the light then get this cover because the light works fine.

Extreme Measures (The Mitch Rapp Series)
Extreme Measures (The Mitch Rapp Series)
by Vince Flynn

2.0 out of 5 stars Rapp is barely in it, nothing new from other books, Flynn has run out of ideas, 5 Jun. 2010
I have read all the Vince Flynn books and this is by far the worst. Rapp is barely in it. The story line is pretty much a re-hash of other books with the bad guys changing their names. Story line: bad guys coming to the U.S., politicians want to do things by the law (not willing to fight terrorists at their own game) and this keeps Nash (main guy in this book) from acting faster, etc. Yes, you have heard it all before. A lot of the book is spent bad mouthing politicians. OK, if your first book but after hearing the same complaints every book it gets a bit old. I won't be buying his next book because I think he has simply run out of ideas.

Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive (Silver)
Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just plug in. 17 inch detachable USB cable is the difference., 12 Mar. 2009
I read a lot of reviews of different products before buying this.

USB cable:
One of the main complaints for other products was that the USB cable was completely attached (in some cases the cable became faulty so no way to access data) or the cable was very small in length. This cable can be detached (so can be easily replaced) and it is 17 inches long so you can set it on an adjacent table, etc.

Ease of use:
Very simple. I simply plugged the USB cable in. Went to the Seagate hard drive and created a folder (just like you do on your computer's hard drive) and then selected all the folders I wanted to copy from my computer and pasted them into the folder on the Seagate. Done. I did not bother with software since I like to keep things simple. I have a laptop that runs Windows XP (in case that matters).

Speed:
I transferred 40GBs of music files in 50 minutes. I do not know if that if fast or slow. I looked at photos that I had transferred to the Seagate and I did not notice any difference in speed. I am not a technical expert but I thought things worked really well.

Finally, it looks great.

Seagate FreeAgent Go Protective Carry Case
Seagate FreeAgent Go Protective Carry Case

5.0 out of 5 stars The hard drive fits fine, no problems, 12 Mar. 2009
The hard drive fit fine. You open up the carry case and there is a little mesh pocket to hold the cable. There is nothing to hold the hard drive. You simply zip it close. It is a nice protective case that should protect the drive when in a bag or similar. There is not a lot of padding so if you want extra protection (in case you drop it, etc) then you probably need to get something else.

Archos 604 - 30GB Ultra Slim Portable Multimedia Player
Archos 604 - 30GB Ultra Slim Portable Multimedia Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for watching recorded TV & movies when commuting. Can record from Free View., 20 Sept. 2007
This is great for watching recorded TV shows and movies when commuting. I will discuss recording with Free View (or similar) since when researching the product I could not find anything about it. Yes, you can record from Free View. The key is that the Archos docking station (yes, you have to buy this extra) sits between your TV and your Free View box (or DVD player, etc). In other words, for the non-technical people, instead of connecting the Free View box directly to the TV you connect it to the docking station which in turn you connect to the TV. Therefore, whatever you watch on TV is going through the Archos and you can record.

Pros:
The image is really good.
You can connect to your stereo to listen to music.

Negatives:
Sound is quite low so if commuting on trains that are noisy (open windows, etc) then you might have trouble hearing (unless you cover your ears).
It does not synchronise with your Free View box (DVD player, etc) automatically. You CAN record. However, you cannot set the timer to record different channels. In other words, you can record Film 4 at 2am for 3 hours but you cannot then have it tape BBC1 at 6am. If you do not synchronise then it will simply tape whatever channel is currently being watched or the channel that was last watched before turning the TV off.

You can synchronize manually if it has your machine code in memory. I have BT Vision and I called up the helpdesk. The helpdesk said to simply try all the options. There are around 1,000 so that help was useless.

This is definitely for those that want to watch TV. If you want to listen to music only then this is too big. Personally, I set it to record the news at 5am so when I go to work I just pick it up and watch the news on the train when commuting. When commuting home I will watch a comedy or similar.

Page: 1 | 2