Profile for Dee > Reviews

Content by Dee

Dee

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Moreinks PREMIUM Compatible Black Laser Toner Cartridge to replace HP 12A / Q2612A
Offered by More Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended., 24 Aug 2014
Great value. Quality toner cartridge. Delivered promptly.

Official Scout Woven Bookmark / Blanket Badge For All Sections
Official Scout Woven Bookmark / Blanket Badge For All Sections
Offered by The Scout and Guide Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Support Scouting movement, 24 Jan 2014
What can I say - just needed a book mark so, why not support the great scouting movement. Reasonable price compared to other bookmarks considering it is woven.

Sony Mid-range In-ear Headphones with Deep Base - Red
Sony Mid-range In-ear Headphones with Deep Base - Red
Offered by HD Sales Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable quality sound, 24 Jan 2014
Soooooo comfortable and sound good (although I'm no sound engineer). Sensible price and seem fairly robust, having been dropped and accidently tugged a few times.

Monster High: Ghoulfriends Forever: Number 1 in series
Monster High: Ghoulfriends Forever: Number 1 in series
by Gitty Daneshvari

3.0 out of 5 stars Girlies 5, parents 0, 24 Jan 2014
As a parent, I really don't get it and think it's just a bizarre take on fashion and girlie stuff but it's obviously ticked the box with my eight year old so I should, perhaps, be pleased.

Magic Christmas Tree
Magic Christmas Tree
Offered by Comfort Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Magic Christmas Tree (Toy)
Our daughter has had one of these crystal growing toys in her stocking for the last three years (Snowman and penguin previously) and they have all been magical. Extremely simple to set up, results in hours that can be seen gradually appearing and adorable end result which lasts for months (if you don't mind it sitting around out of season). I think they are relatively expensive but worth it. With the tree, we put the beading on before the crystal grew, thinking that if we did it afterwards it may knock the crystals off. However, the beading largely became covered by the crystal so, it may be worth trying to lay it on carefully afterwards -unsure.

iGadgitz Clear Silicone Skin Case Cover & Sports Gym Jogging Armband for Sony Walkman NWZ-E463 NWZ-E464 E Series Video 4gb 8gb MP3 Player + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Jan 2014
Slightly loose fit on the newer model MP3 player I thought but still does the job. 'Clear' means translucent not transparent so, not sure it is any great advantage for using controls (the reason I chose clear for my mum) or letting the colour of your MP3 player shine through.

Funny Stories for Eight Year Olds
Funny Stories for Eight Year Olds
by Helen Paiba

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that funny, 24 Jan 2014
I personally found the cover story hilarious but the rest of the book disappointing. My eight year old enjoyed the book but didn't really laugh at all (yes, she has got a sense of humour normally). Many of the stories were extracts from books. Out of context, without the character development that would have preceded it in the original books, they lost some of the humour for a child who has not read the originals (and if they have, what point is there in buying excerpts). Sorry to be a damp squib.

7 Wonders Leaders Expansion Board Game
7 Wonders Leaders Expansion Board Game
Offered by Euro Games

5.0 out of 5 stars You can never get bored, 24 Jan 2014
As a family of three with a now 8 year old, we've gradually got into games over the last three years starting with the fantastic Sleeping Queens. The 7 wonders excellent basic game was a step up for us and we found we never have the same game plan even with that. The expansion has added a new dimension and we noticed that initially it speeded up our decision making because we locked into strategies determined by our choice of leader. However, I think as we have got used to the new way of playing, we are learning to be more subtle and less 'railroaded' by leaders. Look forward to trying another expansion next Christmas.

Carcassonne Expansion 1 Inns and Cathedrals Board Game
Carcassonne Expansion 1 Inns and Cathedrals Board Game
Offered by Firestorm Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a good game even better, 24 Jan 2014
We play this as a family of three (including eight year old daughter). We started with the basic game last year and added this expansion which has just added to the enjoyment and made us think a little more. Look forward to adding a new expansion next Christmas.

E-volve MP3 Vibe-Dock Home portable speaker system compatible with (Sony Walkman NWZ-B142 B142 / NWZ-B143 B143 / NWZ-A720 NWZA720 / NWZ-A728 NWZA728 / NWZ-A729 NWZA729 / NWZ-A726 NWZA726 / NWZ-E474 NWZ-E574 NWZ-E473 NWZ-F805 NWZ-B173 NWZ-B172))
Offered by Tuff-Luv

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and compact, 24 Jan 2014
Folds flat so portable. Instructions not clear and have a piece of plastic we have no idea what to do with. Assumed (always dangerous) that my mum's MP3 player would 'dock' (and by that I transposed 'slot') into the section in the middle which seems just the right size. It doesn't. It sits where it is shown on the photo on a stalk slightly behind the speakers, making access to the controls somewhat difficult and looking rather precarious, alternatively it can be connected by wire only and laid alongside. Good value though, I think, compared to what else is out there.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4