Profile for AMT > Reviews

Tefal Acti-Fry AL800240 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Black
Tefal Acti-Fry AL800240 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Black
Offered by Capital Stores

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money!!!, 28 Sept. 2012
I brought my Actifry in July 2011. It has been used on average about 3-4 times a week. In July 2012, the plastic clip on the lid snapped off, in August 20112, the narrowest part of the paddle snapped in half whilst the fryer was in use (it wasn't over filled) and I assumed due to the appliance overheating. Now in September 2012, the rotating column (which you clip the paddle onto), pieces from the top of it have snapped off and I found them under the pan, again I can only assume due to overheating. It is now well known that this appliance is only expected to last for approximately a year. Bearing in mind the cost of £150.00 for the appliance, you would be better off buying a frying pan with a 10 year guarantee at less than half the cost of the Actifr or yTefal ActiFry AL800240 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Blackou would be better off with a Halogen Oven!!!

Always to Remember
Always to Remember

5.0 out of 5 stars AMT, 1 Dec. 2011
A fanastic story... all the characters were so real. I couldn't contain my emotions, nor could I stop the tears from running down my face particularly towards the end of the book! A real tear jerker and one not to be missed, well worth the price of the book!

Highland Warrior
Highland Warrior

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Originality & Factual Errors, 8 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Highland Warrior (Kindle Edition)
Having read the reviews prior to accidentally buying the book on kindle I decided to read the book to decide for myself whether the lower scaled reviews were warranted! Hayho! I was not surprised but became increasingly annoyed about the numerous typographical errors in the printing as these appeared on almost every page. As previously stated by another reader "potatoes in 1415?" Potatoes weren't introduced to England until the late years of the 16th century during the reign of Queen Elizabeth the first by Sir Walter Raleigh. Also... when Gillian stayed overnight at Maddie McHamish's cottage, the next morning to 'break her fast' she was served 'a platter of eggs and ham, fresh bread, and hot TEA'. Tea in 1415 not possible, it was not until the mid 17th century that the beverage first appeared in England. There are a few factual mistakes and unrealistic events that took place in the story which spoils it for the reader!