Profile for Shazzeth > Reviews

Content by Shazzeth

Shazzeth

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Photoshop Elements 6 (MAC)
Photoshop Elements 6 (MAC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 26 Sep 2008
I recently bought myself a Macbook, and decided that I needed some quality editing software to go with it. Being a photographer, I opted for Photoshop Elements, as I've heard good reviews about it in the past, and can't afford the full blown Photoshop [ plus, I refuse to download it illegally! ].
So what's this product like? Well, it's a doddle to get onto your Mac. I did it very quickly, and it works absolutely fine. I opened it all up and shoved one of my photographs into the program so I could have a play, and instantly got very confused. To be honest, Photoshop Elements is just a more advanced version of the program I'd used in the past for my work, so I could follow some bits, but I quickly lost it. So many buttons that aren't particularly self explanatory. They took a bit of getting used to, but I'm starting to get the hang of it now.
I think it just needs a bit of practise. You need to sit down and have a good blast; which I unfortunately don't have the time [ or patience ] for.
Good program though!

Playground For Life
Playground For Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Playground For Life, 26 Sep 2008
This review is from: Playground For Life (Audio CD)
Playground for Life is an absolutely stunning album. If you're an older fan of Glyder and enjoyed the début album, you'll love this. You can still hear that classic Glyder sound, but it's tainted with something new and exciting. There's a lot of new directions on this album and the band sound a bit more experimental; and it works.
Every track is a joy to listen to, and I can guarentee that you'll be singing this for a long, long time! Highly recommended!
I also recommend you purchase their EP "Weather The Storm" from their website!

Jackass: Number Two Uncut [DVD] [2006]
Jackass: Number Two Uncut [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jeff Tremaine
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars "I feel like I just gave birth", 20 April 2007
...exclaims Ryan Dunn after he has just been slammed into a door whilst riding a shopping cart.

This movie in my opinion is far superior to the first, but is much "gnarlier". The guys really do push themselves to the limits in this one, and some of the stunts they pull really are incredibly stupid...but they all pull through ok and give the viewing audience a lot of laughs! How many guys do you know that will stand infront of a rubber ball filled bomb, simply for the entertainment of their fans? Haha!

As always, the main stunt whores are Johnny, Bam, Ryan, and Steve-O. Despite this, Ehran and Dave (who in my opinion did very little in the first film) got much more involved here, and for the best too! I actually find myself laughing most at Dave England as he walks (or limps) away from his latest stunt making all manner of girly noises! All of the guys are very satisfying though and do their own fair share of work.

The film seems to revolve less around toilet humour (like it's predecessor) and really does bring up some pretty scary stunts. Only Steve-O is stupid enough to put a leech on his eyeball, and Wee Man is brave enough to be jumped on by a hideously obese woman wearing nothing but bikini bottoms (it may not seem tasking, but from his point of view, that must be a terrifying ordeal). This film will have you laughing, crying and definitely cringing all the way through. Top marks for the Jackass guys!!

Canis Canem Edit (PS2)
Canis Canem Edit (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A*, 3 Dec 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a fantastic game, although I admit that I was very wary of it at first. I'd seen trailers advertising it showing excessive bullying and the likes and didn't think it looked any good. My brother then bought it (much to my disgust) and yes...I got hooked. I made a game about 2 weeks ago now and have been steadily working through the world of Jimmy Hopkins - a young trouble maker that has been expelled from 7 schools only to end up at Bullworth Academy. Once at the school you have to begin earning respect from all of the peer groups - nerds, jocks, greasers, townies, and preppies. Doing this involves a hell of a lot of different missions, ranging from spraying graffiti over greaser town (New Coventry), shooting jocks using your slingshot, and stealing items back from people such as homework, diaries and the likes. As well as the respect challenges you also work through a range of tasks to gain money. These are usually of a comical nature; for example stuffing students into lockers, but also practical tasks like finding someones dog.

Whilst you begin to form friendships and respect amongst your classmates you start attending lessons. The curriculum at Bullworth includes English, Art, Photography, Chemistry, Shop and Gym. Each subject has 5 levels to master and once complete you can use the skills learnt in your every day life; gym for example teaches a mixture of wrestling and dodgeball which increases accuracy and teaches moves to beat people up with, whereas english gives you the ability to chat up and later kiss girls to unlock health bonuses.

As you progress through your lessons and complete tasks for friends, teachers and citizens you will be faced with new challenges allowing you to open up new areas of the vast map. Within the map are shops, barbers and the likes along with heaps more challenges for you to complete.

Overall this is a wicked game and so much better than I first expected. I find myself getting addicted to it and playing for hours on end. What I also like is the fact that you are allowed to fashion Jimmy exactly how you like; so he starts out as a skin headed chav but I personally have no made him into a rather sexy punk rocker/skater. There's loads to explore in this game and an enormous storyline with a few laughs thrown in as well. If you like other games by Rockstar, I'd highly recommend checking this out. 10/10

Poseidon [DVD] [2006]
Poseidon [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell

2.0 out of 5 stars Painfully Predictable, 12 Nov 2006
This review is from: Poseidon [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I know a lot of people will compare this to the original Poseidon Adventure, but it's very difficult not to.

While the plot to this film stays relatively in line with the original film, it has nowhere near the same amount of tension or it's unpredictable nature. The original film really makes you think - who's going to do that? Will they get out? Where do they go from here? Whereas this movie just follows one long and ultimately boring line of events. There is no thinking. The characters just go from solving one problem to the next with ease, and I really wasn't convinced that they were too bothered about being trapped in a sinking ship. Everything just seemed too simple for them. Also, I found it very difficult to grasp the characters. There is very little times for you to work out who is who and what they will give to the story.

Overall - yes, great special effects but this is a bore.

Stronghold
Stronghold

5.0 out of 5 stars King Of The Castle, 15 Sep 2006
This review is from: Stronghold (Video Game)
My cousin leant me this game and I am truly addicted. Not only do you get to have battles with other rulers and castles, but you can also embark on a whole variety of different missions! If military isn't the thing for you there are a range of economic campaigns you can play, along with a very useful freeplay feature to help you get used to things!

Stronghold isn't the type of game that I personally would usually play, but as it is described as "the castle sim" I thought I'd give it a whirl and am more than happy with it.

The military campaign guides you through gaining the counties of Britain back from 4 evil rulers - the Rat, the Snake, the Pig, and the Wolf. In the absence of the King you must combat these rulers and rid the country of them before they cause too much damage. Starting out small and having to fight off the occasional small attack, you slowly build up your knowledge and county by county you regain the kingdom - working slowly towards building huge castles and forts, and taking on full scale war!

In economic things are very different. You must build items to keep up the economy and produce a certain amount of goods before time runs out - for example, 50 loafs of bread and 15 barrels of ale. While producing the goods you are faced by a different number of problems such as wolves attacking your peasants and workers, bears, and bandits who come to destroy your castle.

In Stronghold nothing comes easy. It isn't like many games where you can build and create things when you have enough money, but you must build up your goods until you are able to. So for example to make bread you need wheat fields - the wheat is then harvested and put onto your stock pile. At this point you can either sell the wheat through the market or you can grind it to flour in a windmill. So you want to build a windmill...however this isn't that simple! You must have enough wood in your stockpile in order to build the structure. You then need three peasants to work it before anything can start happening. Once this has been constructed the workers will run to and forth with wheat and then with flour. Finally to allow you to make the bread you must build a bakery (the same wood rule applies as the windmill).

This game is highly addictive and a lot of fun to play; along with being very challenging in parts. Life on the game isn't easy - food can be stolen from your granary, everyone can catch plague - there are no limits on disasters! Everything remains ok as long as your Lord stays alive though.

I'd highly recommend Stronghold to anyone; even if it doesn't seem like your usual style of game play it's definitely worth checking out, as I can guarantee you enjoying it!

The Platinum Collection
The Platinum Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars My Discovery, 15 Sep 2006
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
I was never really a fan of Genesis until I bought this album for my Dad, and then stole it from him one night because I was bored. He highly recommended that I particularly listen to disc 3 because he thought that I would get on with that Genesis style best - and did I ever! This platinum collection must be one of the best around. The carefully chosen combination of songs work so well and in a way different to nearly every other band's "greatest hits" this travels backwards. Disc 1 being the most recent, and 3 being the earlier work featuring Peter Gabriel. This is a stunning collection of songs for any fan of Genesis and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking to find out more about the band, as it converted me!

Fallen
Fallen
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing, 19 Aug 2006
This review is from: Fallen (Audio CD)
Whether you like goth rock or not, this album is definitely worth checking out. Amy has one of the most stunning voices I have ever heard, and it really does take the edge of the metal played on this album, so you soft rockers out there may also enjoy this.

The album consists of 11 tracks; some heavy, some acoustic piano, and some more experimental. All tracks meet the band's fantastic reputation! This album quite frankly beats many, many others released in 2004; and not only that, but "Bring Me To Life" ended up as the UK #1 for weeks on end - does this not count for something?

Amazing album.

Command & Conquer: Generals Deluxe - C&C Generals & Zero Hour Expansion Pack
Command & Conquer: Generals Deluxe - C&C Generals & Zero Hour Expansion Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Aug 2006
In the past I have played Red Alert, but I think this game really tops it.

It had been a long time since I had played anything like C&C so I was worried that it would all go a little over my head, and I'd end up hating it but to be honest it's easy to pick up and a lot of fun to play! As well as this, it is not classically easy either. Fun, but with a challenge.

Photostudio 2000
Photostudio 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Aug 2006
This review is from: Photostudio 2000 (CD-ROM)
If you want to learn how to use a basic photo editing system, this is for you. Photostudio is not that basic, but is much easier to use than Photoshop and the likes.

I am completely self taught in using this software and find it incredibly easy to use, whilst it gives more than satisfactory results. As a photographer, this is essential and I find that this program never lets me down!!

The only thing I would like to see in this program that does feature in Photostop, is a "bandaid" tool - a tool to cover blemishes like spots in portraits etc. Apart from that, this program has very few faults and I am more than happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9