Profile for Shazzeth > Reviews

LILY FLAME CANDLE TIN SMILE - LATEST SCENT
LILY FLAME CANDLE TIN SMILE - LATEST SCENT
Offered by Casa Oro Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberries!, 12 Nov 2013
I absolutely adore this candle. I'm very picky when it comes to candle fragrances but was instantly attracted to the raspberry scent of this one. My Mum came home earlier and said the house smelt of fruity ice cream, and couldn't compliment it enough.

Stylophone The Original Pocket Electronic Organ
Stylophone The Original Pocket Electronic Organ

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours Of Fun, 7 Feb 2013
I bought a Stylophone for my very musical brother, for Christmas, and he absolutely loved it. At first he wasn't quite sure what it was, but after showing him some videos on Youtube he was quickly playing around and eventually ended up plugging it into his guitar amp and using effects on it via that! Really pleased, and would highly recommend!

Bon Voyage Travel Journal: A Travel Journal
Bon Voyage Travel Journal: A Travel Journal
by Susie Ghahremani
Edition: Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars For Japan, 7 Feb 2013
I bought this for my friend for Christmas, because she is planning to go to Japan next year, and I wanted her to be able to note down her memories of this once in a lifetime trip. She has always wanted to visit! I trawled through hundreds of travel journals, all rather boring, before stumbling on this one. I'll be the first to admit that it was the owl that drew me in, but I thought the illustration looked sweet so I took a gamble and bought a copy. I'm now so pleased that I did.

The journal itself is beautiful. The illustrations are so cute, and it has loads of features to use while away on your trip! I specifically liked the addition of tear-out postcards in the middle of the journal, for you to send home to your loved ones. I really hope she lets me flick through it once she gets home!

The Caller [DVD]
The Caller [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rachelle Lefevre

4.0 out of 5 stars Is Bobby There?, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Caller [DVD] (DVD)
The Caller grabs you immediately and leaves you wondering what will happen next, for the entirety of the film. The plot is different to a lot of other modern thriller/horror movies, and I found it very refreshing and enjoyable to watch. Not the best film I've ever seen, but definitely not the worst!

Pet Sematary [1989] [DVD]
Pet Sematary [1989] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fred Gwynne

2.0 out of 5 stars Let Down, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Pet Sematary [1989] [DVD] (DVD)
Despite this film having some really good reviews, I must admit I was disappointed. I purchased it just after having finished the book, and really don't feel it does it justice at all. The book is quite shocking; the film, in contrast, bored me.

The Dorset Coast
The Dorset Coast
by Adam Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Dorset Coast (Hardcover)
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas. We are both photographers, and I thought it would make an excellent source of inspiration, bearing in mind that we both live in Dorset. There are locations featured in this book that we weren't aware of, and each picture is beautifully presented. I'd highly recommend this, not only to people living in the area, but to anyone who is a fan of coastal and landscape photography, because it's a wonderful collection by a very talented photographer.

Swansea Then & Now
Swansea Then & Now
by Geoff Brookes

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Selection of Photographs, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Swansea Then & Now (Hardcover)
I bought this for my Grandad for Christmas, because his family originates from Port Talbot and he spent a lot of time in the area when he was evacuated. Despite not knowing the area very well myself, even I appreciated looking at the photographs and seeing how each location has (or hasn't!) changed over the years, and my Grandad absolutely loved it. A really brilliant collection of images, with appeal to all kinds of people.

Acronymikz Mug No I Will Not Fix Your Computer
Acronymikz Mug No I Will Not Fix Your Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer Geek MUST HAVE, 7 Feb 2013
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas, because he is always getting asked IT questions and it drives him mad. He works in IT and doesn't want to be bombarded with computer related questions on his days off. So, this mug solves the problem, and he loved it. Came packaged in a nice box, and the quality of the mug is excellent - especially for the price you are paying!

Lighthouse Postcard album with 50 clear pockets, blue
Lighthouse Postcard album with 50 clear pockets, blue
Offered by Prophila GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Postcrossing, 7 Feb 2013
I'm a Postcrossing member, and like other reviewers have said - these albums are great for keeping your postcards neat and tidy. Simple and do the job, what more could you want?

We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011) [DVD]
We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tilda Swinton

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, 4 Sep 2012
An unsettling, unnerving, and thought provoking film.

The child actors that play Kevin actually made my skin crawl! Perfect casting and incredible acting for those so young. Outstanding performances throughout, infact! I've not watched a film that's made me feel genuinely uneasy in a long time. This is definitely one I'd recommend to anyone!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9