Profile for A. Jones > Reviews

Siva
by Lewis Richmond
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic little book, 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: Siva (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought a copy of this in a charity shop years ago, read it twice, enjoyed the story immensely, then couldn't find it again when I wanted to read it years later. For the price I paid for this on Amazon it was a bargain, as it is in great condition even though it is second hand.
I would recommend it to anyone with an open mind about Earth's early history, as it makes compelling reading. It is perhaps the more believable version of humanity's prehistory than anything else you will have read or will read in the future.

Lobster clasp & split ring
Lobster clasp & split ring

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me out of a pickle..., 5 Dec 2011
I was upset when the clasp on my favourite choker broke, and I was unable to wear it any more - hoorooh. Then I spotted these on Amazon at a bargain price, bought a pack, and am now able to wear my favourite choker again! Hooray! Highly recommended to all as they are of fantastic quality, easy to fit, and they were delivered quickly.

True Utility True 3 Colour Flame Lighter
True Utility True 3 Colour Flame Lighter
Offered by Imago Global
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wind proof lighter, 5 Dec 2011
My brother had one of these for years and it served him well until recently when it packed up working. It was simply worn out after all the use it had got, not only by him but by all his mates!
I decided to buy him a new one, and get one for myself at the same time. This is a great little lighter. It is very well made, feels great in the hand, and does exactly what it says it will do, namely light cigarettes etc in windy conditions.
The advantage of the glass window to see how full or empty it is of gas is an added bonus. And of course it will light in three different colours too, green, red and blue. A novelty, but one that works, which makes a change these days.
If you're thinking of buying one, don't hesitate, you won't regret it. A high quality lighter at an affordable price.

Stylish and Classy Turquoise and Silver Tone Enamel Neclace
Stylish and Classy Turquoise and Silver Tone Enamel Neclace

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely necklace, 2 Jun 2010
This is a beautiful piece of jewellery, and I love it. The only thing that let it down hence the four stars is the clip broke soon after using it. Fortunately I had a spare one that I was able to fit. Since then it has received many compliments from all my friends.

Padded Standard Electric Guitar Gig Bag Union Jack
Padded Standard Electric Guitar Gig Bag Union Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking guitar case, 2 Jun 2010
Brilliant! What more can I say? This is a lovely looking and very patriotic guitar case for all of us true Brits out here, and is a great fit for any electric guitar. It has a padded shell and good quality construction. Zips in particular look well made. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Catch the falling [out] stars..., 2 Jun 2010
This brown leather wrist cuff looks great, especially in the pictures on the Web. I bough tit based purely on it's looks, as it seemed to offer what I wanted - a stylish and comfortable, different looking goth type wrist cuff. Unfortuneatelt it did not live up to my expectations.

The cuff is poorly made, and the stars just kept on falling out every time I wore it. They are only held in by two bent over tabs, so they easily slip out of the leather.

I would not recommend this cuff to anyone.

I have had other designs from this seller and am very pleased with them. Avoid this design and opt for one of their others and you will not be disappointed. It is just poorly made.

I Am a Cat
I Am a Cat
by Louise Hudson
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story of a girl cat girl..., 8 Dec 2009
This review is from: I Am a Cat (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this story, and couldn't put it down from the moment I started reading until the moment I finished the book. A girl dies in a bungie jumping accident, wakes up as a cat, and endures a series of good and not so very good times at the hands of a number of different humans, before finally falling in love with another cat, dying and becoming human again. It'll keep you entranced form start to finish. If you like cats/heaven/afterlife/reincarnation/a good read, then buy this book, you will not regret it.

Disc Lock Reminder
Disc Lock Reminder
Offered by BidsForBikes
Price: 2.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinky disc lock reminder thingy, 8 Dec 2009
This review is from: Disc Lock Reminder (Misc.)
Bought this to use with my dinky disc lock, and it srves as a very visible reminder that the disc lock is still on the bike as it connects the lock to the brake lever. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality guitars mug, 8 Dec 2009
If you like guitars, then you'll like this mug. Plenty pictures of all the most famous makes of guitar. on a quality mug. Bought it for my father in law as he's into guitars, and I know he'll like this mug. Quality item, well packaged and delivered fast.

Transitions - A Guide To Transitioning for Transsexuals and Their Families
Transitions - A Guide To Transitioning for Transsexuals and Their Families
by Mara Drummond
Price: 7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A sobering read for the Transgendered, 8 Dec 2009
This is a well written, and very informative, book, dealing with the subject of gender transformation, changing from male sex to female. I found it to be quite a depressing read also, becasue it details the phenomenal costs involved in the gender transformation process. It is written by an American, so the costs are in Dollars, but even so they are just horrendous, and by the time I had read the last page and put the book down, I had all but given up any hope of ever becoming the female I would love to be. It has left me quite depressed, unfortunately. If you've got plenty of cash, and want to change sex, then give it a go, but if you're more or less broke like me, then don't, because you'll be even more miserable than before you bought it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 11:48 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5