Profile for Stef L. > Reviews

Comfort and Joy
by India Knight
Price: 6.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Read with increasing distaste and anger, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Comfort and Joy (Paperback)
I ,too, came to this novel with enthusiasm as I enjoyed India Knight's Sunday Times pieces. What a dreadful, smug , self satisfied load of rubbish Comfort and Joy turned out to be. I persevered to the end , waiting for the twist in the final part that never happened. I could not believe that this snobbish, self righteous twaddle about a bunch of "Aren't we super " people was all there was.I certainly won't be wasting any of my time on any future output.

Fallout: New Vegas (PS3)
Fallout: New Vegas (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 8.11

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as Fallout 3, 26 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
While I have to admit, the game can be buggy on the PS3, the actual game makes up for it. I found it's storyline to be far more compelling, with a wider selection of choices and personal repuation levels for each community. The combat seems more refined, and the weapons are customisable. Each companion has a back-story and personality, and you can choose how to continue their history with signature quests. Admittedly, the graphic quality does not change much, but the Mojave Desert is a much more compelling atmosphere than the Capital Wasteland, in my opinion.

The game is supior to Fallout 3, and with the help of constant patching, the bugs will soon be fixed. When they are, i recommend to buy the game without a second glane. However, if you do not mind a few disruptions in an otherwise enjoyable game, buy it immediatly. It was worth the full 40 pounds of the original price, and as the price has almost halved, it would be insane not to purchase it