Profile for Speccy > Reviews

Content by Speccy

Speccy

Page: 1 | 2
Motorola Moto G Black Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Touch Stylus Pen + Polishing Cloth
Offered by Aventus
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't argue with value like this, 15 Jun 2014
The plastic tray that the phone fits into fits really well and holds the phone firmly, but it's not difficult to get it out when you need to. The rest of the case is cheaply made, that's not a bad thing because it is so cheap. The case feels ever so slightly too big for the phone. The little tab that holds it closed isn't quite straight. Having said that it offers really good protection and usability.

2800mAh High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100(Only sell to the UK regions)
Offered by Cookiebaby1991
Price: 7.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Good capacity, 22 Mar 2014
My Galaxy S2 has always suffered poor battery life. This is the third and highest capacity battery it's had.
The battery arrived very quickly. It holds a lot of charge and I was getting a good 28 hours before needing to plug my phone in. Unfortunately my phone died for other reasons shortly after buying this. Doh!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 6 Nov 2013
Good snug fit for my phone, great protection from drops and scratches. Very useul little pockets inside. Snappy magnetic clasp. I can't think of any way o making this any better and it was very cheap.

JUSTOP K9 Android 4.2 TV Dongle (MK809 Jelly Bean OS), Cortex A9 Dual Core 1.6Ghz, 1GB DDR3, 8GB NAND Flash Android Mini PC, Smart Internet TV Box Adapter, Built-in WIFI, Support Flash 11 , Skype , Youtube, BBC iPlayer, DLNA, uPNP Play, 3D, Great for Watching HD Movies, Youtube Videos, Surfing Internet, Online TV, Play Android Games On your TV
Offered by DigiDirect
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Got wifi? Got hdmi? this is a no brainer, 6 Nov 2013
I've been using a pretty high spec PC plugged into my telly for watching films. PC died and I've replaced it with this Anroid stick. No regrets! I already had a wireless keyboard and a four port usb hub. Plugged the stick in to the telly with the included cable. Plugged in the keyboard usb adapter, connected to my wifi and logged in with my Google account. Job done. The pre loaded apps are very good. The video player is especially good. II use a keyboard that has a build in touchpad like a laptop. It's not quite as easy to use as a touchscreen Android tablet, but it's no huge problem either. I've been watching videos from a usb stick via a usb hub so haven't needed a memory card. 1080p videos run ok. Obviously upi can't play DVDs with this but I'm tempted to try plugging a USB optical drive in out of curiosity. Four stars for being great value and very functional. If it had been amazingly fast it would have been five stars.

Mcdavid  Pro Stabilizer Knee Support - Black, Size Medium
Mcdavid Pro Stabilizer Knee Support - Black, Size Medium
Price: 56.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 13 Aug 2013
Product: I bought this to replace a knee brace I've been using on and of since the 80s. This was as close a match as I could find. This is comfortable and gives a good range of movement. It holds my knee quite firmly and holds everything together. I have yet to test it under extremes.
Supplier: I didn't realise this item was being shipped from another country. The postman left me a card saying there was a customs fee of 20.40 to pay before I could have it. That's half the cost of the item. No mention was made of this when I placed my order. I contacted the company (MedClub) and received a reply the following day saying they would refund that fee. It was refunded the two days later. Stuff happens and errors occur, it's how people deal with them that makes the difference. I'm very pleased with both the product and the supplier.

Waiting All Night (Feat. Ella Eyre)
Waiting All Night (Feat. Ella Eyre)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Earworm, 3 May 2013
I had to buy this because it's stuck in my head. By coincidence as I'm writing this it's just come on the telly. Fantastic video to go with it at [...]

Dual Suction Windscreen Car Kit Mount with Strong Super Slim Holder for Asus Google Nexus 7
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well designed, 3 May 2013
Very robust. Dual suckers hold very solidly, the mount fits my Nexus 7 firmly. Mounts/unmounts easily. The bendy arm is solid and slightly too long for my Fiesta but a bit of artistic bending dealt with that. It's possible to mount your device in any orientation by using the adjustable mounts.

Shut Eye
Shut Eye

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting sound, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Shut Eye (MP3 Download)
I downloaded this after getting it stuck in my head when it was used in a commercial. It's not the kind of thing I usually listen to but I really enjoy it.

HERE Maps
HERE Maps

3.0 out of 5 stars Free mapping, what's not to like., 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: HERE Maps (App)
It's not as good as Google maps as there is no voice guidance but that might be added at a later date. The reason I installed this was because I've had some problems with Google maps (Related to my phone rather than the app itself, data download speed and gps accuracy) so I'm experimenting with other apps.

iWatchz Q Collection Wrist Strap for iPod Nano 6G - Black
iWatchz Q Collection Wrist Strap for iPod Nano 6G - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than anticipated, 30 Nov 2012
Silicone strap and fairly tough plastic panel to clip the ipod to. The strap is slightly stretchy and has a slightly rubbery texture. The ipod fits perfectly and is held securely. The design is simple, minimal and functional. I can run my headphone cable up my sleeve and have full movement. The only potential problem I can see is the plastic panel. It has a slot to slide the ipod into which leaves only a slim piece of plastic which must surely break at some point but I've been wearing this all day every day as a watch for three weeks with no problem. Based on experience so far I'd buy another one of these

Page: 1 | 2