Profile for Mrs. J. M. Mcgee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mamushka: Recipes from Ukraine & beyond
Mamushka: Recipes from Ukraine & beyond
by Olia Hercules

5.0 out of 5 stars Even my husband was commenting how nice the breads etc looked, 21 Jun. 2015
This is a fascinating book. So different from the usual recipe books. I am a vegetarian but can see that most recipes can be adapted. The bread and pickles chapters intrigue me. This is the sort of book you will be delving into for years to come. Can't wait to try the tomato recipes. Even my husband was commenting how nice the breads etc looked.

Peace and Parsnips: Vegan Cooking for Everyone
Peace and Parsnips: Vegan Cooking for Everyone
by Lee Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Masses of very good information. As well as interesting food ideas, 18 Jun. 2015
I received this yesterday and I am engrossed. Masses of very good information. As well as interesting food ideas,
the photographs are beautiful. The book is well written in a friendly style. You can almost hear Lee speaking as you read it.Having been a vegetarian for over 40 years and a very keen cook I have amassed hundreds of books from all over the world. This one deserves a place on my book shelves. Unlike the recently purchased Mildreds (see my review). Well done Lee you deserve all the glowing praise you are receiving.

The Better Bean Cookbook: More Than 160 Modern Recipes for Beans, Chickpeas, and Lentils to Tempt Meat-Eaters and Vegetarians Alike
by Jenny Chandler

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very glad I did, 18 Jun. 2015
I had wanted this book for ages. Finally I gave in and bought it. I am very glad I did. A lot of very good ideas for using the wonderful world of beans.

Mildreds: The Vegetarian Cookbook
Mildreds: The Vegetarian Cookbook
by Sarah Wasserman

2.0 out of 5 stars However I think the book is very poor. All the recipes are for 6-8 portions, 18 Jun. 2015
I bought this because of the glowing reviews. However I think the book is very poor. All the recipes are for 6-8 portions. I think that is laziness by the author for not scaling down. I can't believe that she uses a commercial sausage mix as a base for her burgers. I am one of those people who take cook books to bed to read. Not this one. Having been a vegetarian for the past 42 years there are far superior books available. Very dissapointed.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2015 9:48 PM BST

Fiskars Weed Puller
Fiskars Weed Puller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jun. 2015
Simply brilliant especially for people who have bad backs.

Harry's Last Stand: How the World My Generation Built is Falling Down, and What We Can Do to Save it
by Harry Leslie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 April 2015
Brilliant book. A must read for every school and university. A must read for anyone thinking of voting Tory.

Shower Screen Seal (Glass Thickness 4-6mm | Gap to Seal 16mm)
Shower Screen Seal (Glass Thickness 4-6mm | Gap to Seal 16mm)
Offered by Plumbtap

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 10 April 2015
Does what it says.

The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook
The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook
by Charlotte Pike

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 10 April 2015
Hoping husband will use this book as I recover from major op.

Tassimo Café HAG Crema Decaffeinated, Pack of 5, 5 x 16 T-Discs

Asperger Syndrome, the Universe and Everything
Asperger Syndrome, the Universe and Everything
by Kenneth Hall

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't agree with book, 10 April 2015
Didn't agree with the way the mother gave in all the time. You have to treat Kids with Aspergers differently but don't agree to their ruling everything.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4