Profile for Philip > Reviews

Philip "pegasusq"

Breville Stainless Steel Kettle with Spectra Illumination
Breville Stainless Steel Kettle with Spectra Illumination

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap crap, 27 April 2014
Less than 6 months and the plastic trim is coming off the handle at the top, seems unsafe. No idea how to get a refund so it's in the bin now, replaced with a Bosch "Village" kettle as recommended by Which.

Saris Bones RS 3 Bike Boot Rack  - Grey
Saris Bones RS 3 Bike Boot Rack - Grey
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for 29er Mountain Bikes, 20 Aug 2013
It was a real struggle to get my 29er Specialized Hardrock mountain bike on this rack. My road bike fits fine but the space inside the frame is severley compressed in the 29er bikes. I had to remove 2 of the anti-sway fixings and my pump and water bottle mounting from the seat tube, to make it useable. Even now the two support arms have to be set as close together as they go, in order to get the bike on. Sign of the times I suppose; bikes change, bike carriers need to change

Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push
Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push

4.0 out of 5 stars Very very loud, 31 May 2013
Very loud, loud enough to hear throughout the house, includes a bright flashing light, can integrate into other bellpushes or PIRA detectors etc. Might need them in the future. Mind you the top of the bellpush unit doesn close very tight on mine, put a bit of tape over it to keep the rain out.

SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out
SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out
Offered by PlusKom®

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 31 May 2013
I know that it looks a bit pricey (including the postage) but: It arrived quickly by airmail from somewhere foriegn. It is actually a dual Scart allowing you to plug it into a single scart socket then plug another Scart into the back of it (in case you only have one socket). And it works; plugged into the back of my Virgin Tivo box the audio comes out the headphones at the volume my wife needs and out the speakers at the volume I want.
Very Happy, not cheap but I'm still cheerfull.

Non Slip Bath Safety Stickers + fitting template (manufactured in UK)
Non Slip Bath Safety Stickers + fitting template (manufactured in UK)
Offered by Non Slip Bath

5.0 out of 5 stars Great no probs, 15 May 2013
After reading the sagas in these reviews, I went for the most expensive but don't regret it they stick and grip just fine I needed 3 packs though for a shower bath.

9W E27 RGB LED Light Bulb Lamp Colorful with Remote Control
9W E27 RGB LED Light Bulb Lamp Colorful with Remote Control
Offered by Andoer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very bright, remote not very responsive. It won't colour your room, it barely glows the colour you select., 15 May 2013
Not very bright, remote not very responsive. It won't colour your room, it barely glows the colour you select. Don't recommend.

Numatic 601226 Airo Brush, 290 mm
Numatic 601226 Airo Brush, 290 mm
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 May 2013
Now requires less than half the push- pull effort to achieve more the double the cleaning. Hard to express what an improvement it makes (to an already good vacuum). Get one, but don't pay more than £25 for one. I've seen them on other websites for £45!

EXSPECT PROTECTIVE LEATHER SLIP CASE FOR IPHONES - BLACK LEATHER MODEL NO: EX062

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one!, 9 Jan 2013
I've tried a few different cases over the years for different iPhones, I'd given up hope of finding one as good as my old iPhone 3 one. But then tried this and it's great. Best one out there. If you're reading this then you should buy it. It's perfect. If and when I eventually tear the tab off or something I'm already sure I'd replace it with another one the same. In fact now I think about it I'm going to buy another one now, in case I can't find it again when I need one (it could be years from now). Go on risk it.