Profile for Isla > Reviews

Isla

High Heels In Tech: Women, Technology And Change
High Heels In Tech: Women, Technology And Change

1.0 out of 5 stars basic, unsupported ideas. not worth it, 15 Feb. 2015
Basic ideas that anyone could come up with. Nothing to back them up and pathetically short! Not even worth the few pounds I paid. Get better from amateur blogs!

Little Miss Geek: Bridging the Gap Between Girls and Technology
Little Miss Geek: Bridging the Gap Between Girls and Technology
by Belinda Parmar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read and part of a great campaign, 27 Nov. 2012
I am a woman working in the technology industry and the topic of this book is important to me. Working in a male-dominated environment I really want to encourage girls to get into technology and see how exciting and creative it can be.

The book is very easy to follow, with a good flow and story as Little Miss Geek moves through education and business.

I think it is fantastic that the issue has been brought to everyone's attention and the book explains the problem well, offering practical solutions. I hope it will inspire many people, men and women, to follow through and implement something in their business or encourage girls to programme or read about successful female inventors. It certainly inspired me!