Profile for J.B > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Reduced boot time from 5 minutes to 12 seconds., 3 Oct. 2014
I have been really late to the scene with SSDs, only deciding to buy this to replace the original HDD in my 2010 MacBook Pro.

This is easily the best tech purchase I have made in the last couple of years. I wondered if something better would be out by now if this would really perform as well as it has been said. It took my boot time down from somewhere close to 5 minutes to about 12 seconds. Really easy to replace, absolutely no problems so far.

WD My Passport Ultra 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Drive with Auto and Cloud Backup - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this version for your Mac!, 3 Oct. 2014
Cheaper than the "For Mac" edition, and you can pick a nice colour too! Just reformat it for Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

For whatever reason I have always had Seagate external drives, which have been fine, but the majority have always seemed to prefer WD. I decided to get this to use with Time Machine for my MacBook Pro, and so far so good! I can see this lasting a good amount of time, it has a really nice enclosure and is a lot faster than the old clunky desktop external drive I was using.

BaByliss for Men 7437TU Home Hair Cutting Kit - 20 Piece
BaByliss for Men 7437TU Home Hair Cutting Kit - 20 Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved ~£90 already thanks to this kit!, 3 Oct. 2014
Can't knock it at all for the price, the box is a neat addition to keep everything tidy. The plastic apron is pretty useless, but the scissors are fine and the clips are useful. The nose/eyebrow hair tool is a nice extra too. You didn't buy it for any of that though, it's obviously the clipper that you wanted. The build quality is strong, this thing will last, and remember it comes with a 3 year guarantee! The clips don't feel cheap, and snap on well for a nice fit.

I've used it numerous times now, it's definitely convenient to be able to prolong the time between having to go for a hair cut. In fact, I've cut my hair for about three months now using the clippers for short sides and back and then cutting the top myself with these scissors. I would normally pay a stylist £25-30, so I've clearly covered the cost already.

Best Body Nutrition 500ml MCT Oil 5000
Best Body Nutrition 500ml MCT Oil 5000

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for bulletproof coffee, 3 Oct. 2014
I've used this for bulletproof coffee along with Kerrygold grass fed butter, and it definitely has an effect. I'll be buying the same product when the one I have runs out, and can't see myself wanting to change.

Comes with a nice little measuring cap on the lid so that you can make sure you have the right amount. Just be careful when you have it for the first time, have a teaspoon size and then gradually increase to a tablespoon if that's what you're going for, probably over a good few days. I have read that some people have had dull cramps when having too much MCT oil from never having it before.

[USB 3.0 & Tool-free] Inateck 2.5 inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure/ Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free HDD Installation
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice build quality and works effortlessly. Perfect little case!, 3 Oct. 2014
Very inexpensive and works perfectly. The newer model case looks very sleek and has a nice feel to it that makes it somewhat grippy. Good build quality and it uses the same USB 3 cable that you might be used to with a WD Passport or other, so it's nice being able to grab whatever cable is nearest and still use it.

Of course it's also really convenient not having any screws, very simple to pop a HDD in and out! I put my old MacBook Pro HDD in this to use as extra storage.

Audio-Technica  M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones White
Audio-Technica M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones White

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're considering buying these, just get 'em!!, 8 Sept. 2014
I spent a lot of time researching the best headphones I could buy for under £150. I wanted something well balanced, comfortable and accurate to many genres. I couldn't be more happy with these, for only £79 and with no real difference to the 'new' M50x model (differences being the detachable cable).

The bass is nice and punchy and treble and highs reveal a lot more than is noticeable on any other pair of headphones I have used (around or below the same price). Very satisfying listening for everything I have played so far. Drum and bass, house, hip-hop, grime, acoustic, rock, it's all sounding much better than before to me!!

Ring Automotive RAC610 Analogue Compressor 12 V
Ring Automotive RAC610 Analogue Compressor 12 V

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little buy, 29 Jun. 2014
Seems to work perfectly, and indicated very clearly that two of my tyres were very under-inflated. A little noisy but works quickly and really not a bother. I'll use this every month for sure to check that the pressure is where it should be.

ACENIX® - 17 in 1 Repair Opening Tools Kit Screwdriver Set For iPhone 3,3GS,4,4S,5, iPad iPod iTouch PSP NDS & HTC , All Types Of Mobile Phones Universal Tool Kit
Offered by ETRADER DIRECT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 29 Jun. 2014
Cheapest option to buy the tools needed to safely open an iPhone 5, came next day with prime so can't beat it!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars First one a dud, second one seems to be an improvement., 28 Jun. 2014
It took two orders to get this right. The first one that I received was a complete dud, causing the screen to flash vertical coloured lines before constantly restarting. I replaced the original battery and it worked okay again.

The second one I received today (I thought I would give it a second chance) and seems to be okay - I used iBackupBot to check the cycle count and it shows 1 cycle, with an actual capacity of 1413mAh out of 1440mAh. Close enough for now to show some benefit I believe.

I'll update the review in a few weeks perhaps to see if there is any noticeable change.

Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. )
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Apple's!, 15 Nov. 2009
The Neet support is amazing, the cable is high quality and is more compatible than Apple's own!

This adapter supports DVI-I and DVI-D, so you can be sure to get a fantastic picture on any DVI compatible monitors.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 9:57 AM BST