Profile for J. Glaister > Reviews

Snowdrops
by A. D. Miller
Price: 6.29

1.0 out of 5 stars A mean story tediously written, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Snowdrops (Paperback)
I only managed to get to the end of this book because some people clearly thought it was wonderful - and I lived in hope! However - I wish I hadn't bothered as I still have a very nasty after taste from reading it. I can only describe it as a mean book. It is a mean story featuring boring and unpleasant people with writing of such tedium that I had to drink large quantities of caffeine as I read to keep me awake.
Don't bother buying it you'll only encourage this sort of stuff!

Abnormal, Clinical and Forensic Psychology with Student Access Card
Abnormal, Clinical and Forensic Psychology with Student Access Card
by Dr David A Holmes
Price: 35.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and readable coverage, 3 Jan 2011
This is excellent and readable coverage of the topic for both the undergraduate student and lecturer with up to date case studies and flashes of humour which makes even some of the more dense subject areas memorable.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally reliable, 23 Mar 2010
I've been using this product for over 10 years now because it is totally reliable and by far the best on the market for the price. Eye shadow (powder or liquid) stays on all day/night and the primer goes on easily and the tube lasts for ages. I wouldnt be without it.

Shooting Stars 2009 [DVD]
Shooting Stars 2009 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vic Reeves
Price: 4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and innovative comedy, 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: Shooting Stars 2009 [DVD] (DVD)
Don't underestimate or patronise Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer - their comedy is multilayered, intelligent and innovative and it is worth watching this over and over again. Each watching will engender a different reaction - amazing stuff.

In Cold Daylight
In Cold Daylight
by Pauline Rowson
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Inept writing/simplistic plot and characterisation, 17 July 2009
This review is from: In Cold Daylight (Paperback)
I bought this book because the reviews for this writer were consistently good but I can only assume she has written them herself. The writing is inept - doubt if there is any sentence longer than six words in the whole book - the plot was both tedious and ridiculous and the characters were just strange, cardboard cut-outs. Can someone please explain the appeal of this writer to me?