Profile for Daisy > Reviews

I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
by Stephanie Kuehnert

5.0 out of 5 stars Gen X at its finest., 21 July 2009
I LOVE this book.
I agree with the first reviewer here - i felt like Emily Black was a real person, someone i grew up or perhaps even myself. I could relate so much to her, having been a teenager in the early 90s, I, like Emily, led my life to a soundtrack of punk, grunge and heavy rock. I would advise anyone who grew up in this era to read this book and be transported back in time - if this book doesn't make you want to get out your old DM boots, i don't know what will! I think this book will also be enjoyed by the younger generation, particularly teenagers of today - it describes that dark time in the teen years that most go through, but out of the darkness it shares with us stories of true friendship, families coming together and above all reminds us that - punk rock saves lives.
Thank you Ms Kuehnert - look forward to reading the new book 'Ballads of Suburbia'.

Only By The Night
Only By The Night
Offered by Musical Notes

1.0 out of 5 stars ANNOYED, 30 Dec 2008
This review is from: Only By The Night (Audio CD)
I agree with the 2 previous reviews. This is the 2nd time Kings of Leon (or at least their record company) have done this. I had to buy Because of the Night twice because the 2nd copy they released had a full dvd concert and now they've done the same with Only by the Night...at least Because of the Night was a longish concert, this is only 5 songs and definitely NOT worth purchasing twice. If you are one of those lucky people who have just discovered Kings of Leon with their new found success, then by all means by this version. But for us longstanding fans, its nothing but sheer annoyance and aggravation for the money making machine that KOL have become.

Journey Through The Chakras
Journey Through The Chakras
by Colette Baron-Reid
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars The path to true clarity, 14 Sep 2008
This is by far the best guided meditation CD I have used. Colette takes you through a beautiful meditation on a sandy beach at the foot of a crystal mountain. She uses coloured gemstones for visualisation of each of the 7 Chakras. I often have difficulties with visualisation, but not with this CD. I am able to clearly see spinning discs of colour in my minds eye. By the time I get to my third eye chakra I am completely transported to another place and the meditation always jolts me back to myself with a huge flash of brilliant white light at the end. Its a truly beautiful meditation, as is the song at the end of the CD. I have noticed myself more attune with my psychic abilities since regularly clearing my chakras with this CD. I also highly recommend her book "Remembering the Future"
Thank you Colette - you are an inspiration.

Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD]
Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD]

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't like this workout., 3 Mar 2008
Very disapointing. I was so bored doing this workout.
The woman's voice is very annoying and her voice has no real flow to help with the movements. She does no counting and rarely tells you when to breathe..she just talks constantly...its annoying.
If you want a good pilates routine to loose weight, i suggest Kristen McGee's MTV pilates. Kristen is a lot easier to follow - and she has a normal voice!!

Lovesongs For Underdogs
Lovesongs For Underdogs

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for a 5 star girl., 5 Jan 2007
This review is from: Lovesongs For Underdogs (Audio CD)
This is Tanya's best solo album and its also one of my Top 5 albums of ALL TIME! As a fan of Belly in the early 90s i was hoping Tanya to make another Belly record... she didnt... but it was just as amazing, if not more so. Songs like "Breathe Around", "Goat Girl" & "Swoon". Perfection. Everyone should own this album.

The Pearl Jam Story
The Pearl Jam Story
by Kim Neely

3.0 out of 5 stars A one-sided View., 7 May 2006
This review is from: The Pearl Jam Story (Paperback)
This book contains just about everything you need to know about Pearl Jam as a band including an indepth look at the previous bands Mother Love Bone and Green River. It takes you through a lot of their tours from 91-94 and explores the fragility of the group and in particular Eddie Vedder during that time. The book also dedicates a large section to the troubled story of Eddie Vedder. The only problem with this, is that its told from the side of his Step-father Peter Mulluer - a man who Eddie constantly battled with as a teenager. Peter plays the victim in this book, when its pretty obvious that he tried to destroy Eddie in a lot of ways through his legal knowledge.

Another one-sided stance of this book is that it contains many interviews with sacked drummer, Dave Abbruzzese and his girlfriend Sheri. So, in conclusion these three people are the best this Rolling Stone writer could get to help write her story.

Pete Doherty: On the Edge
Pete Doherty: On the Edge
by Nathan Yates

5.0 out of 5 stars Pete Doherty - The Dirt, 23 Feb 2006
This is a book for anyone who wants to read the downright dirty story of Pete Doherty. Many books have been written about his music and his rise to fame but this one focuses mainly on his drug abuse & his sex life - with many revelations from ex-girlfriends! At times, it can feel a bit tabloid-ish - but it is co-written by a journalist from The Mirror! However considering Pete sells the majority of his stories himself to this newspaper, the majority of this book could be "from the horses mouth". I couldn't put this book down because i was so anxious to here what exploits he would get up to next!