Profile for Spot the cat > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
How To Train Your Dragon
How To Train Your Dragon
by Cressida Cowell

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant books. My 7 year old has just finished ..., 19 May 2015
Brilliant books. My 7 year old has just finished reading all of them finishing with "How to Betray a Dragon's Hero". He's looking forward to the next book due out soon I think. In the mean time he has discovered the Harry Potter books!

Tan / Light Brown Genuine Leather Water Resistant Watch Strap Band 18mm
Tan / Light Brown Genuine Leather Water Resistant Watch Strap Band 18mm
Offered by Talk Time

5.0 out of 5 stars ... year old as the original webbing strap on hiswatch was rubbing, 14 May 2015
I purchased this for my 7 year old as the original webbing strap on his watch was rubbing. He loves it. It is too big for a 7 year old's wrist but fortunately I (okay my father) have a leather hole punch and I added another four or so holes. Just right now, is much more comfortable, and looks well made so will hopefully last a while.

NERF N-Strike  Elite 3 Missile Refill Pack
NERF N-Strike Elite 3 Missile Refill Pack
Offered by LivingExtra

5.0 out of 5 stars It is awesome and these large pump action missiles are the best ..., 10 April 2015
My son recently purchased the Demolisher with his pocket money. It is awesome and these large pump action missiles are the best part. You can't have too many of 'em. My wife is not so keen and we don't see much of the cat. The fins do come off easily but they are such fun and super glue sorts it out. We have an indoor radio controlled helicopter. Well that's just a red rag to a bull...

LEGO City 60052: Cargo Train
LEGO City 60052: Cargo Train

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Lego and it's a train set. What's not to like., 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 60052: Cargo Train (Toy)
It's Lego and it's a train set. What's not to like. My 7 year old son assembled the whole thing over several hours. He hasn't stopped playing with it. He already has several other Lego trains and wants to rebuild the red high speed passenger train he got last Christmas so he can play with both. We have the instructions still and the bricks are in his Lego box but I'm not sure he has the patience to find every one! Might be a job for Daddy! He wants another Lego train set for Christmas. Hey it's Lego, you can't have too much Lego!

The Illustrated Bible
The Illustrated Bible
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone with an interest in Biblical times irrespective of your beliefs., 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Illustrated Bible (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant book and beautifully illustrated. I didn't buy it through Amazon as I came across it in a shop. I'm an atheist but have been on the lookout for a book to explain the background to the Bible to my young son. This book is bang on, explaining the historical events and political forces around the stories. This book is for anyone with an interest in Biblical times irrespective of your beliefs.

Oxford Primary Illustrated Maths Dictionary (Oxford Dictionary)
Oxford Primary Illustrated Maths Dictionary (Oxford Dictionary)
by Oxford Dictionaries

5.0 out of 5 stars Children need this book., 11 May 2014
Every child should have a copy of this book. It's all there, everything they need for primary maths. Measurement, shapes, angles, cube root, points of a compass, coordinates, top heavy fractions, inequalities, it's a huge list, too many to mention. It even covers Imperial measurements.

Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swimming Goggles - Blue/Orange, 16 cm
Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swimming Goggles - Blue/Orange, 16 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Sept. 2013
My son, 5 years old, had the traditional type of goggles and was forever pulling them off his face and putting them back on again. It was interfering with his swimming. So we tried these. He hardly touches them, they don't leak, they stay clear, and my son can get on with the swimming.

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 28 Jun. 2013
What an amazing product! I have just received mine, I put the two AA batteries it comes with in and found a victim moth sat quietly on a wall which I rather unsympathetically flicked onto the Executioner. ZAP! And a large flash and no more moth. Amazing! I'm waiting to find a flying moth now and I'm going to practice my serve on its head! That's my evenings sorted, ZAP, ZAP, ZAP. Oh yes! I think I'll buy another one for upstairs. Killing flies and moths was never supposed to be fun, but it is now!

Tales from the Greek Legends (Junior Classics)
Tales from the Greek Legends (Junior Classics)
by Edward Ferrie
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty boring and with annoying music., 28 Mar. 2013
I didn't really know what to expect with this. I wanted some alternative stories for my son to listen to when driving him to school. I can't really complain is it was a shot in the dark. The most annoying thing is the music which makes it more difficult to follow the story which in any event I find a little dry.

Skyfall [DVD]
Skyfall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good Bond movie., 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall [DVD] (DVD)
After all the hype I purchased the DVD as soon as it came out. My wife had seen it and thought it amazing and knew I would love it. What a disappointment. Boring, a tenuous plot, a completely unbelievable villain who frankly needs to think a bit bigger. Put this film up against something like Diamonds are forever and the latter has an easy win. And Shirley Bassey is the singer that sets the standard.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3