Profile for Lucy > Reviews

LARGE ORIENTAL CANVAS ART BIRDS PLUM BLOSSOM PAINTING A1
LARGE ORIENTAL CANVAS ART BIRDS PLUM BLOSSOM PAINTING A1
Offered by PenguinPrint Canvas™

4.0 out of 5 stars nice canvas, 7 Mar. 2014
I'm pleased with this picture, it looks good, brightens up the room and is excellent value for money. Close-up, the detail isn't great and it looks a bit fuzzy but that's only a minor criticism; I'd still buy it if I had my time again.

Kitchen Craft 'Chalk And Cheese' Serving Gift Set
Kitchen Craft 'Chalk And Cheese' Serving Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars really lovely set, 7 Mar. 2014
really happy with this set - came well packaged and on time. A lovely way to present a cheeseboard and really nice to have all the extra accessories too.

4Ever4Less PINE 4 cm THICK Round D-Shape MDF Moulding WOODEN Effect Frame for MAXI Poster 61x91.5CM 24 x 36 IN NEW
Offered by 4Ever4Less

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 7 Mar. 2014
Fine and fulfils its description. However if you are looking for a bargain frame that looks wooden you won't get it. You will get a decent enough wood effect frame; from a distance you might get away with it but in our rather small office it's pretty clear that i was trying to save some company cash and should have just put my hand in my pocket.

Kitchen Craft Set of 4 Solid Pewter Table Cloth Weights
Kitchen Craft Set of 4 Solid Pewter Table Cloth Weights

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, 7 Mar. 2014
these are cute, a lot bigger than i expected although that's probably my fault for not realising that they need to be a certain size otherwise they won't be heavy enough. Look good on the tablecloth and do what they say they will.

Andrew James Traditional Raclette Grill with Thermostatic Heat Control Includes Eight Raclette Spatulas
Offered by AJ GOODS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 7 Mar. 2014
Bought this for a friend's birthday and so glad we did - many evenings of raclette later we are all reaping the benefits! A lovely way to host a delicious dinner party, so easy and really good fun too.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J. K. Rowling

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
What a waste of my life reading this book was. I can't believe that the woman who gave us Harry Potter has also given us this! Stick to the children's books, JK.

Whiz Freedom
Whiz Freedom
Offered by Service Champions

2.0 out of 5 stars how does it work?, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Whiz Freedom (Misc.)
No complaints about the service etc and the product is as shown. The only problem is that it doesn't really seem to have a purpose!!! Bought one for a friend and I as we were climbing a mountain and thought it would make toilet stops more convenient... without being too graphic, it definitely didn't. More of a hindrance then a help. I suppose if you are unable to sit down easily (one of the reasons the whizz advertises itself) then perhaps it might be of use but if you are a lady hoping to wee like a man then i'm sorry sista but this one isn't for you!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS!!!!, 7 Mar. 2014
This amazing mattress has transformed my bed! Delivery/service was great and the mattress itself is insanely comfortable. An absolute bargain. Everyone should own one.

New Fish Wall Mounted Bowl/Aquarium Wall Hanging Tank/ Plany Decoration Pot.
New Fish Wall Mounted Bowl/Aquarium Wall Hanging Tank/ Plany Decoration Pot.
Offered by TechnoTec

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS, 7 Mar. 2014
Cheap, nasty, and unfit for any fish to actually survive in. Steer clear; it's a completely pointless (and cruel) product.

Looking Up: A Humorous and Unflinching Account of Learning to Live Again With Sudden Disability
by Tim Rushby-Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Brave, but sometimes a hard read, 23 May 2011
My hat goes off to Tim Rushby-Smith for being brave and candid enough to share his experiences as a paraplegic in print. I bought this book (as I suspect many in a similar position might) as a family member has recently become paraplegic, and I wanted to gain an insight into life beyond hospital and what the future might hold.

To be perfectly honest, I found some of the book to be a bit depressing - I was hoping for an 'it was hard at first but now look at me go' uplifting read which I didn't find this to be. This is through no fault of the author but rather his situation.

If you are intending for this book to be a morale-boosting read, then I would probably not recommend it. However it is well-written and provides a valuable insight into a condition that many may be ignorant of, so well worth a read for information or interest.

Page: 1 | 2