Profile for Alex L > Reviews

Alex L (Berkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush - Black
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush - best one I've used yet. Worth paying a little more for, 9 Oct. 2015
Best electric toothbrush I've used yet. I previously had a Colgate/Omron brush, (and 2 or 3 Oral B oscillators in the past), but this is definately the best yet. (I've normally replaced because the batteries tend to die after a year or so. I'm hoping this one last longer as better quality). Leaves my teeth feeling like I've had my teeth polished by the dentist. Nice a sturdy feel to it. Good recharging station, and carry case. The brush heads are excellent too. Although you only get one in the pack and they are not cheap to replace. But no doubt worth it. Very pleased. May buy another for the missus

VicTsing New USB 7 Buttons Wireless Professional Game Gaming Optical Mouse Mice 800/1200/1600/2000/2400 DPI Adjustable for PC Laptop Desktop Notebook
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely mouse - what a bargain - Best I've owned, and for small money too, 9 Oct. 2015
Very happy with this mouse. Was slightly concerned that the styling would not be to my taste, as I'm not using it for gaming. But it's a very nice mouse in fact. Probably my favourite to date. Would certainly buy again. The buttons have a very short action to them which takes a bit of getting used to, but there's something quite reassuring about them, compared to the usual 'clicky' ones. The scroll wheel is very comfortable to use and smooth. Nice size. feels great in the hand and looks really good actually. (I don't switch the integral blue LED lights on though). In fact even my wife said she liked the new 'Bat mouse'. (As it wouldn't look out of place in the Bruce Wayne's man cave).

Satechi ReadMate LED Desktop Magnifier (Red)
Satechi ReadMate LED Desktop Magnifier (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very professional, well made magnifier., 9 Oct. 2015
I'm a Quantity Surveyor and regularly have to review detail on A3 drawings. This is a much more elegant solution for me than holding up a magnifying glass, and much more convenient than opening up the original pdf. to zoom in on details. Its great. I've also got another more traditional looking magnifier from another supplier, but I find this sometimes lacking when the light in my office isn't ideal. The integral led's resolve this issue, as it lights up the subject so well its like reading from a computer monitor. It feels well made and quite substantial, and comes with a nice zip up case. Smart bit of kit all round. Very professional looking. If I had any criticisms, it is that the bezel if quite thick. Making the usage a bit like looking through a porthole. (Whereas my other more traditional magnifier allowed you to review the whole page and the magnified image at the same time more comfortably). Glad I bought it. Don't know that it'd work so well on a non flat surface mind, like reading a novel? But great tool for any cartographers out there.

TeckNet Pro M003 Wireless Mouse, 2.4G, Nano Receiver, 6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by Hippidion.Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little mouse. Good design. Bit small?, 9 Oct. 2015
Nice little mouse. I've spent much more in the past on higher end logitech/microsoft peripherals, but to be honest there's really no need these days. Its got a smooth action and is nice and ergonomic in the hand. Probably slightly on the small side for me tbh, but I've got quite big hands. The dongle is very small and fits into the body of the mouse if you need to take it with you. Installs automatically as soon as you plug it in, and would seem to be quite easy going on the battery. Doesn't feel like a cheap mouse either. I used mine to replace my old wired mouse provided by my workplace and it draws comments whenever someone else has to use my workstation. I originally bought to replace another Tecknet mouse that eventually died on me after a couple of years, at less than £10 its no big deal and this one's even nicer. Plus I've had £50 mice die on me too before, so these things are going to happen eventually with high use everyday items.

Daffodil WMS500W 2.4GHz Nano Wireless Mouse with Easily Adjustable DPI, powered by 2xAAA Batteries (Included) - White
Offered by Daffodil UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little mouse for the money, 27 Jan. 2015
Not a bad little mouse. Cheap and cheerful. Nice compact design that sits nice with my Macbook air.
Having just upgraded to a proper apple magic mouse however this is no where near as good as the real mccoy.
It also uses up a vital usb port of course - which is a bit clunky.
Don't think this would survive too much punishment either. It glows red in use where the light shines through, which is fine in itself but a clue to how robust it must be. Very light though, compared to the magic mouse.
For some reason I needed to use this on a mouse mat/piece of paper to get the laser to track correctly. My new mouse doesn't seem to have this problem?

Samsung LE32B530P7W LCD TV Genuine Remote Control
Samsung LE32B530P7W LCD TV Genuine Remote Control
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for original, 27 Jan. 2015
Great quality - just like my previous remote, only much cleaner and sharper edges

Plasplugs Solid & Hollow Wall Plugs x40 Mix Pack
Plasplugs Solid & Hollow Wall Plugs x40 Mix Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 27 Jan. 2015
Not many in these packs. Suitable only for very occasional DIYers.

Genuine Leather Perforated Watch Strap, Black, Orange, 22 mm
Genuine Leather Perforated Watch Strap, Black, Orange, 22 mm
Offered by WatchGecko

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality strap - Great price, 27 Jan. 2015
Great quality strap at a very reasonable price. I really cant fault this product and will buy another when this one wears old. The flat holes and adjustment prong wear so much better over time than the round ones that misshapen very easily. Looks great on my 1970's Omega Chronostop too. Makes my watch look brand new and the orange stitching matches the detailing on the watch almost perfectly. Very pleased. I might buy another one as a spare.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2016 2:30 PM GMT

Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 27 Jan. 2015
Really good. I was a bit hesitant about getting one of these. Used it for the first time at work today and thought it was brilliant. It's a pleasure to use. Much better than relying on my laptop's track pad. The optical sensor works great off straight off the desk at work (the cheap lookie like alternative I'd bought recently didn't). And the touch scrolling works great. Very intuitive and its quickly becoming an essential/expected feature for me. Scrolling in and out and around pages is brilliant. I was a little worried about it being too sensitive like others have said, but had very few issues tbh. Feels very well made and nice tactile experience when using it. Feels very premium.

Wireless Doorbell, AVANTEK DT21 Portable Door Bell Kit, 52 Chime Tones, 1000 ft / 300 m Range [1 Push Button & 1 Plug-In Door Chime, Black]

3.0 out of 5 stars Suspicious if you ask me, 20 Jan. 2015
Suspicious number or reviews here in a very short period of time. Nearly a 5 star review everyday for the whole of January?
Either these are selling like hotcakes to a lot of very happy customers, ...or someone is promoting their own products.
You decide.