Profile for SusieQ > Reviews

Liverpool FC Official Gift Boys Poly Training Kit T-Shirt Red 8-9 Yrs MB
Liverpool FC Official Gift Boys Poly Training Kit T-Shirt Red 8-9 Yrs MB
Offered by FootballShopOnline

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy son = happy mum, 24 Jun. 2015
My 7 yr old son is more than happy with this shirt. He had also wanted another shirt so I agreed to buy one official shirt and one training top. Football can be an expensive interest otherwise. This top fits well and is good quality, certainly good value for money and means he was able to have more than one footy top.

The Paris Wife
The Paris Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 18 May 2013
This review is from: The Paris Wife (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this so much. It was a fascinating read, semi biographical and semi fiction about Ernest Hemingway and his first wife. The book introduced you to lots of other literary figures of the period. This reminded me that whilst I have read lots of 18th and 19th c classics, I've never really read much from this period. So not only did I enjoy this book but it spurred me on to read lots of other books that I hadn't considered before like A Farewell to Arms, The Sun Also Rises, The Great Gatsby... I like a book that unconsciously provides further reading.

This was a good, strong easy read which I heartily recommend.

Snakes Slither and Hiss (DK Readers Pre-Level 1)
Snakes Slither and Hiss (DK Readers Pre-Level 1)
by Dorling Kindersley

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for keen readers, 12 April 2013
My son coped very well with reading this despite having only just started reading. He loves be subject and uses a combination of phonics, sound blending and guessing from the pictures to read this to me. As a pre-reader I expected it to be a little easier.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Masters of the Force (DK Readers: Level Pre1)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Masters of the Force (DK Readers: Level Pre1)
by Jon Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars Children love it, 12 April 2013
As this is a pre-reader I bought it for my 5 yr old so he could have grown up books like his brother who is on level 3. It's not as easy as I expected although he can read most of it as he is already familiar with the characters and stories. He loves it anyway so I'm happy too.

Womens off shoulder sheer batwing top, soft & silky, made from organic Eucalyptus fibre - Black, Medium
Offered by Da Londra

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not batwing, 12 April 2013
This is a nice top, comfortable too. But it comes up small so don't under estimate what size you need. Also, it does not have batwing sleeves, at least not the way I remember them!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncertain, 17 Oct. 2012
Like some other reviewers I am not sure if this product is the real deal! My bottle has a dodgy atomiser nozzle and I'm not sure the fragrance is quite the same as my previous bottle. I would very much like Amazon to look into this and check that this is a genuine product??? Maybe the price really was too good to be true...?

Orchard Toys Scaredy Cat
Orchard Toys Scaredy Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gamw, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Orchard Toys Scaredy Cat (Toy)
My 4 yr old and I played this at a friends house and had to buy it immediately. I also have a 6yr old and the three of us have played it several times every day ever since it arrived. We also ordered it for a friend's birthday present at the weekend. Both my boys love counting and adding and this game can encourage them with that so everyone's a winner! This is a really fun game, well made and durable, and educational.

The Primrose Bakery Book
The Primrose Bakery Book
by Lisa Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Book, 29 Feb. 2012
I already had bought and used the other Primrose title, Cupcakes. This book compliments it and fills the gaps. It's an absolutely gorgeous book, well produced, lovely to just sit and look through, as well as easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone as its one of my favourites and ranks alongside the Hummingbird books for me. Once you own these titles you don't need to buy any others.

Enjoy!

My Kitchen Table: 100 Sweet Treats and Puds
My Kitchen Table: 100 Sweet Treats and Puds
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 25 Nov. 2011
This is my first Mary Berry book so if it duplicates any of the others I wouldn't know. It makes all the recipes seem very simple and achievable and had good pictures too. I have made a couple of them and so far so good. It will be a good staple addition to my growing collection of baking books and I will be asking for one or two of her other books for Christmas. I'm very apply with this purchase and would recommend it as good value for money, full of good, basic recipes and you can't go wrong! Have fun!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware! This cutlery is much smaller than you may expect or want., 30 Jun. 2010
I thought this item would be a great way
for the boys to use adult style cutlery that they could handle easily and that could go in the dishwasher. They are 2 and 4 years old. I am very disappointed as the cutlery is way too small for both of them. So, I cannot use it and will try to sell it on!