Profile for Mr Raymond Brown > Reviews

Content by Mr Raymond Brown

Mr Raymond Brown

Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Monitor with Heart Rate Monitor - Blue
Offered by You Want GPS
Price: 103.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Vivofit, 14 Jun 2014
There was a fault with the first one sent out to me but Garmin replaced it within a week. It works very well but I'm not overly impressed with the push fixing on the bracelet. It opens very easily if it snags against something and I've almost lost it twice. I had hoped to wear it all of the time but I'm more selective now.

Assassin's Run: The Michael Prentiss Series Book 1 (The Michael Prentiss Stories)
Price: 1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Run by Andrew French, 14 Jun 2014
A great read. Andrew French has a talent for describing the scene and building tension. A good first stepping stone for lead character, Michael Prentiss.

The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within
The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within
Price: 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an interesting man., 14 Jun 2014
It's as if Stephen Fry is actually talking the words. He is such an interesting and articulate man. A great read.

Major and Mrs Holt's Pocket Battlefield Guide to Ypres and Passchendaele: 1st Ypres; 2nd Ypres (Gas Attack); 3rd Ypres (Passchendaele) 4th Ypres (The Lys)
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Major and Mrs Holt's Guide to Ypres and Passchendaele, 22 Feb 2014
A must for anyone visiting Ypres and the surrounding areas. Everyone should visit, at least once. To listen to the Last Post at The Menin Gate is a very moving experience and to walk around Tyne Cot Cemetery is very thought provoking. I am so proud of our well behaved school children who continually visit in great numbers. I wish we would show our heroes the same respect in the UK as they are shown in Belgium.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book Thief - Markus Zusak, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
Possible the best novel I've ever read. A wonderful story that is beautifully written. Seeing life (and death) from such an unusual source. The movie comes out here next week and I will definitely see it but I cannot believe it will have the same impact on me as the book.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ30E-K  Bridge Camera - Black (16.1MP, 35x Optical Zoom, 25mm Wide Angle, Panaroma Shot, HD Video) 3 inch LCD
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ30E-K Bridge Camera - Black (16.1MP, 35x Optical Zoom, 25mm Wide Angle, Panaroma Shot, HD Video) 3 inch LCD
Offered by TODO! TODO!
Price: 122.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumix DMC-LZ30E-K Bridge Camera., 22 Feb 2014
Bought it for my daughter's 18th birthday, smashing camera. I already owned a Lumix compact camera and I would recommend them to anyone.

Crumpler Singapore Sling DSLR Camera Strap, Cannon, Sony, Nikon - Black/Dark Nickel

5.0 out of 5 stars Singapore Sling., 22 Feb 2014
Great product. I understand Crumpler have bought out a new one that is slimmer but I'm happy with this one! Very comfortable.

Joby UltraFit Sling Camera Strap for Men
Joby UltraFit Sling Camera Strap for Men
Offered by Optimistics
Price: 32.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Joby UltraFit Sling Camera Strap, 22 Feb 2014
I've only had the strap for a couple of weeks so my experience is limited. Nevertheless, it feels strong and capable. However, although it hasn't happened to me, I have since read reports about the screw working loose and the camera falling. There again, I suppose we should check it's tight each time we use it! To be honest I now wish I'd paid the extra and bought the Joby Pro with the "tether", to give a secondary attachment. The Joby Pro tether would also fit the UltraFit but I haven't had any success in finding one. Instead I've bought a carabiner and some strong cord and made my own. Happy snapping!